Garbad

The Official Garbad Fan Club Thread

Which moderator's cunt smells the worst?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. Which moderator's cunt smells the worst?

On November 9, 2015 at 6:26:51 PM, Garbad said:

Book Stannis is the True King.  Fake TV stannis is an abomination.  The sad thing is the actor did a great job though.  He didn't have the physique, but added a lot of good acting to the bad writing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/3s5wz2/yale_administrators_responds_to_safe_space_hands/

These children are a disgrace to university level thinking, much less Yale. 

"Who decides when speech is offensive?"

"... when it hurts me!"

Wat.

Some students at University of Missouri are trying to outdo them in childishness.

3 hours ago, zombiemachine said:

So you think there's a good chance show Stannis could still be alive?

I know it for a fact, here's some leaked footage from Season 6:

34 minutes ago, Garbad said:

Hey, just noticed this:

http://www.dpgwhores.com/players/?player_name=Garbad

Interesting how I'm in the top 50 and/or 99% for damage whores in practically everything.  It puts it in perspective -- the autists are literally giving themselves ulcers over who is in the 99.99% vs. 99.97%.

And it appears for the most part that hardly anyone has learned to play well recently, because no one actually takes the time to develop their skills. I got sent a selection of recent G recruits for dossier perusal, and they were all uniformly padded trash. Atrocious winrates, xpg, spots, armor use...but their DPGs and WN8 were "unicum level"... 

15 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

And it appears for the most part that hardly anyone has learned to play well recently, because no one actually takes the time to develop their skills. I got sent a selection of recent G recruits for dossier perusal, and they were all uniformly padded trash. Atrocious winrates, xpg, spots, armor use...but their DPGs and WN8 were "unicum level"... 

Hey, I didn't just apply for G, how did you get my file?!

57 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

As best as I can tell top players have been top players from the start, more or less.  Some go from blue to purple, some purples pad to supercum but its practically never you see average become great.  And as good players quit, it doesn't seem like they get replaced.  Bulba's roster is weaker than G even a year ago.  G was a worse a year ago than it was the year before that.  And so on.

I don't know if this is just the wotlabs led focus on stat padding instead of winning/skill, or just the nature of the game, but the top end play is by far worse than its ever been, despite overall population being decent.

37 minutes ago, Garbad said:

I don't know if this is just the wotlabs led focus on stat padding instead of winning/skill, or just the nature of the game, but the top end play is by far worse than its ever been, despite overall population being decent.

1 hour ago, sr360 said:

aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg

Because they are to a degree mutually exclusive.  Using pubbies as meat results as better dpg, but less wins.  Guess what is taught here?  Using lights to chai snipe gets better wn8 than using heavies to win a choke.  Guess what is taught here?

More than that, any focus on anything other than winning by definition takes away from optimal winning.  There is an entire generation of shitters on this forum who think any win rate past 60% doesn't matter, as long as you are putting out good wn8.  When is the last time you hear of someone on this forum trying to stretch their win rate from 63% to 68%?  Yet you see people autisming about going from 3k wn8 to 4k literally every day.

People just don't care about winning or skill, they care about looking good in their sigs.  And that's why wn8 is a cancer on this game.

55 minutes ago, Garbad said:

Because they are to a degree mutually exclusive.  Using pubbies as meat results as better dpg, but less wins.  Guess what is taught here?  Using lights to chai snipe gets better wn8 than using heavies to win a choke.  Guess what is taught here?

More than that, any focus on anything other than winning by definition takes away from optimal winning.  There is an entire generation of shitters on this forum who think any win rate past 60% doesn't matter, as long as you are putting out good wn8.  When is the last time you hear of someone on this forum trying to stretch their win rate from 63% to 68%?  Yet you see people autisming about going from 3k wn8 to 4k literally every day.

People just don't care about winning or skill, they care about looking good in their sigs.  And that's why wn8 is a cancer on this game.

The game the metric mentality existed before wotlabs, and before WN8. Everyone has been looking for an easy way since before WoT and before computer games and ...

4 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

The game the metric mentality existed before wotlabs, and before WN8. Everyone has been looking for an easy way since before WoT and before computer games and ...

Not really.  Efficiency started it.  Wn8 made it "legitimate."  Before them, stats autism was rare.

Hey I'm still number one Dicker Max player, and number 4 E8. Coolio. See ya.

Lol the tanklist... Apparently everyone was too busy damage farming in the Leo PTA, yet I'm #19 but with the highest win rate (by sololqueuing, mostly). Good times! Good game.

4 minutes ago, Garbad said:

Not really.  Efficiency started it.  Wn8 made it "legitimate."  Before them, stats autism was rare.

I didn't play this game before the Eff era, so I can't comment on its history, but part of this is the maturity of the game which reflects phenomena seen in other games I've played. No doubt wotlabs has put a lot of those people in closer proximity, but I've seen people in MOBAs literally hide from winning moves so as not to mess with their KDR, I've seen CS players do the same - or shoehorn themselves into a completely rigid playstyle that is low risk but never lets them excel in more free flowing play. Lets not get into ratings manipulation in WoW arenas, and thats fucking with ELO. Refusal to queue, smurfing to boost, queue sniping from smurfs...

Stats autism exists in just about every rated online video game I've played. Perhaps I only play the worst games, but I get the feeling its simply the nature of humans. 

6 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

I didn't play this game before the Eff era, so I can't comment on its history, but part of this is the maturity of the game which reflects phenomena seen in other games I've played. No doubt wotlabs has put a lot of those people in closer proximity, but I've seen people in MOBAs literally hide from winning moves so as not to mess with their KDR, I've seen CS players do the same - or shoehorn themselves into a completely rigid playstyle that is low risk but never lets them excel in more free flowing play. Lets not get into ratings manipulation in WoW arenas, and thats fucking with ELO. Refusal to queue, smurfing to boost, queue sniping from smurfs...

Stats autism exists in just about every rated online video game I've played. Perhaps I only play the worst games, but I get the feeling its simply the nature of humans. 

True, but none of that changes the fact that wn8 made it worse, wotlabs intensified it, and slowly "top players" started to preach it.

1 minute ago, Garbad said:

True, but none of that changes the fact that wn8 made it worse, wotlabs intensified it, and slowly "top players" started to preach it.

WN8 only made it worse by side effect of duration though...Eff padding and TC padding was ludicrous in 2012 before Praetor stood up WN4/6/7. Then WN7 had about 10 months and hellcat and TD padding was through the roof for that year. WN8 only reigns because no one has bothered to replace it in 2 years and the people with the data skills and understanding of the game to do so have said "this data set has become garbage and no one adheres to the limits of the 1-number summary anyways". If Praetor had kept his mouth shut, we'd be seeing 5 cap/game and people would still run med companies to fluff their over-all win-rates. Would the game be any better or worse then?

That is happened here and with WN8 is circumstantial. You should see the fucking hoops colleges go through to manipulate their US News and World report ratings. Or the lawsuits that get threatened when major hospitals lose ranking...Its the same everywhere when it comes to numbers/status/rewards. 

And FWIW, I don't disagree with you. Only with the level of attribution.

10 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

And FWIW, I don't disagree with you. Only with the level of attribution.

But there is a key difference -- legitimacy.  Efficiency padders were pedophiles.  They were mocked and disdained.  Wn7 padders were seal clubbing T49 shitters.

Then came wn8...which boasted actual statistical validity (may as well be voodoo to the average person, but it sounded credible to see the experts vouch for it)...and when it was padded, the autists took themselves seriously.  Even knowing the flaws of the system, they pad and defend their padding.  They use it in recruiting.  They use it in epeen measuring.  A lot of the stat padding blues actually consider themselves top players.

THAT's the essential cancer wn8 added.  Yes, stats autism was always there.  Yes, other metrics were there.  But wn8 turned padding into a culture, and gave padders "legitimacy."

12 minutes ago, Garbad said:

But there is a key difference -- legitimacy.  Efficiency padders were pedophiles.  They were mocked and disdained.  Wn7 padders were seal clubbing T49 shitters.

Then came wn8...which boasted actual statistical validity (may as well be voodoo to the average person, but it sounded credible to see the experts vouch for it)...and when it was padded, the autists took themselves seriously.  Even knowing the flaws of the system, they pad and defend their padding.  They use it in recruiting.  They use it in epeen measuring.  A lot of the stat padding blues actually consider themselves top players.

THAT's the essential cancer wn8 added.  Yes, stats autism was always there.  Yes, other metrics were there.  But wn8 turned padding into a culture, and gave padders "legitimacy."

Plenty of legitimately talented players have padded all of the above. 

I was told, in Nov 2012 by an actually good non-padded player (then and now) 'all you need is some more cap points and you'll be purple in no time and can join a good clan'.

Plenty of Eff padders were good players in good clans - Crimson! 1stTanks! (theres more). Same with WN7, you platooned with Czech ALL the time, Veril padded the fuck out of the E4, Kewei the 268. I know you're pointing to those who "couldn't hack it" and had to pad Eff and winrate in tier 2 and TCs (Austism and friends) or in the T67 and M18 (literally too many people to label), but the padding slightly more spread around with WN8, but its still as blatantly obvious as it was when you had to do it in tier 2, TCs or USA mid tier TDs. People did get lazy and stop trying to look, sure. And I don't deny the rise of the culture, but only because WN8 has remained as the metric for the longest of any of the previous. 

WN8 padding is more obvious than tier 10/1 padders, who used the average tier drop and higher frags of low tier play to inflate WN7. People let that one slide right by. Its easier to spot a WN8 padder because you don't even need a lot of low tier games to drop average tier....

I mock the WN8 padders, as I mocked the Eff padders, TC padders, WN6/7 padders (although I wasn't actually good enough until mid 7 to mock anyone justifiably). Why did people give up that mockery? When did the people who think that medicore 62A/E50 dpgs and mid tier LTs make you good become the recruiters? 

10 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

When did the people who think that medicore 62A/E50 dpgs and mid tier LTs make you good become the recruiters? 

When most of the actually good players stopped playing? I'm not sure you could even make 1 full clan of semi-active legit purples on the NA server these days.

15 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

I mock the WN8 padders, as I mocked the Eff padders, TC padders, WN6/7 padders.  Why did people give up that mockery?

In large part because wn8 sounded statistically valid.  It was also more sophisticated, and thus, appeared more legitimate.  More importantly, as people who cared about winning left or simply didn't associate with this site, nothing checked the rise of the bulbonic shitters.  Except for me, of course, which got me a few "trolling" bans.  You can apologize for those later, after we spend a few minutes contemplating the great culture wn8 created.

Besides, look around you.  The community didn't take eff/wn7 seriously.  They do take wn8 seriously, padded or not.  That's why its padded more frequently.

Its got decent statistical validity, and fairly good domain validity. On par with most large scale standardized tests. Its just that people are using WN8 in ways that would be akin to awarding college degrees based on SAT scores or the NFL MVP based on passer rating. 

BUT, that was a very solid answer from both of you, thanks. Talent drain a big part, rampant innumeracy and refusal to take a rating for what it is as the rest. I guess we accidentally befuddled them with our open-source collaborative development model into thinking WN8 is a comprehensive summative rating, no matter how many words I, or anyone else typed. I will update my signature accordingly, but it won't matter. 

But as I noted earlier, thats how all kinds of ratings get mis-used every single day in way higher stakes environments, so I should have seen it coming...

I don't know this for a fact, but in addition...

For me solopubbing 60-63% is ludicrously easy.  I can play very casually and just win.  Winning 68% takes no mistakes, using every tool at my disposal, and great effort.  Winning 70%+ takes all of the above, plus full gold tryhard, plus OP tank, plus good luck (or the absence of bad luck, at least, such as cancer one shots, bad MMing, etc).  The effort to go from 63-70 is intense.

And that's just not that fun -- busting your ass to see a win rate go from 63-65 when you could just platoon one night a week and see the same thing isn't worth it to most people.  It just seems a lot easier to pull out a light tank, snipe a bit, and be like wow guyz I'm 33% better than I was yesterday!! \o/

Also, DPG epeening is at least objective.  Bitching about sample size and secret platooning and luck and so on when one shitter is at 68% and the other is at 70% isn't all that satisfying.  Both parties know it can't be won.  But boasting about your 2950 dpg when he averages merely 2750 somehow feels like victory.

2 hours ago, Garbad said:

I don't know this for a fact, but in addition...

For me solopubbing 60-63% is ludicrously easy.  I can play very casually and just win.  Winning 68% takes no mistakes, using every tool at my disposal, and great effort.  Winning 70%+ takes all of the above, plus full gold tryhard, plus OP tank, plus good luck (or the absence of bad luck, at least, such as cancer one shots, bad MMing, etc).  The effort to go from 63-70 is intense.

And that's just not that fun -- busting your ass to see a win rate go from 63-65 when you could just platoon one night a week and see the same thing isn't worth it to most people.  It just seems a lot easier to pull out a light tank, snipe a bit, and be like wow guyz I'm 33% better than I was yesterday!! \o/

Also, DPG epeening is at least objective.  Bitching about sample size and secret platooning and luck and so on when one shitter is at 68% and the other is at 70% isn't all that satisfying.  Both parties know it can't be won.  But boasting about your 2950 dpg when he averages merely 2750 somehow feels like victory.

Jives with my experiences. I see a little more variations by tier. Namely less win-rate in tier 10 solo, except the Bat which stays 3-4% ahead of my other 10s. 8s, pref 8s and 9s see a little more win-rate for the same level of effort. Less retarded arty, less retarded TDs, less blunica med wolfpacks. 62% is like, what I solo at when playing 20 games in a row from 11pm to 2am drunk.