Garbad

The Official Garbad Fan Club Thread

Which moderator's cunt smells the worst?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. Which moderator's cunt smells the worst?

Are there any tanks in this game that you feel are so grossly OP that you could reliably mow down a yellow two tiers higher? T9/10 exempt for obvious reasons. Also, sleep with me.

T29 can reliably shit on many tier 9s.  Its probably the best example of a low tier stomping a high tier.  Object 416 gold spamming can easily outperform many tier 10 shit meds as well.

Has it actually been 30 days yet?

1.  Batchat

2.  T-34-2

3.  KV-5

4.  E3

5.  STB

You might, in some ways they are similar.  But the china meds are true mediums -- they can scout, but are not dedicated scouts like the AMX 13 90 line.  Its worth a look, just be prepared to get frustrated on nights when the derp guns won't shoot straight.

Kittens on weekdays, my kittenqueue is empty atm.

Phones suck pls someone fix

The theme of the line is:

- Extremely good camo, especially while firing

- low alpha, high dpm (pen tends to be poor, accuracy is ok)

- lol bad depression + rear mount

- good mobility

- armor varies, tends to be ok but not great

On flat maps with good camo and lines of fire, they do decent.  Not great, because even then tanks like RU meds or higher alpha TDs do as well or better.  And on maps that aren't suited to camo sniping, they are very poor.  They can't brawl, can't trade shots, can't fight on mixed terrain.  They are just too flawed.  Overall, its a very poor line, perhaps the worst in wot.  The only reason to play it is for competition/flavor and to collect an unusual tier 10.

And I was going to go up that line tomorrow too

I want to say this on the subject of stats, too...

They mean a lot less than you think.  I am a talent evaluator for G, the uncontested top clan in NA.  We can afford to be extremely selective in who we let in.  But even in G, you don't have to be a 4k wn8 superstar to get a chance.  Blunicum is enough (blue overall, purple recent or thereabouts).  Now I admit -- if you are below blue people will be very leery of you, because below blue is just not that hard for an elite player to attain.  But once you pass the minimum hurdle, no one really cares.  A padded 70%er is worth no more than a solo oriented 60%er.  Hell, we have kicked out several wn8 superstars for sucking/attitude/inactivity.  If you have the tanks, can do the job, and aren't an asshat you have a good chance of getting in, blunicum or supercum. I assume other top clans are the same.

TL;DR - Don't feel like you need to pad stats to get into a top clan.  Or really for any reason, other than epeen.  Just play.

What would you recommend a player like myself, plateau'd as green, to do to improve?

Some basic principles for making the jump from good to great:

1.  Make flexible, aggressive opening moves.  Generally go to the middle of map, get firing angles and sometimes scout cheap shots with low risk.  Then adjust.

2.  Be Extremely Active.  ALWAYS keep your gun hot, but don't feel pressured to smash a team in the first few minutes.  Hit lots of singles, no need to swing for the fence just yet.

3.  Leverage your activity to achieve key goals.  As the battle settles in, identify key areas, tanks, or objectives your team needs to accomplish to win.  Then ensure your team does it.  Military history and trail and error are your best guides.

4.  When things go badly, trade well both HP and time. At a minimum, always try to do your weight.  Even if you derp, hopefully your team has a chance to pull it out.

5.  Close out the endgame with authority.  Dominate the crippled, camping pubs using all the vision games, angling, and so on you know and they don't.

I'd love one of your annotated game discussions where you show screen shots and describe how a battle progresses with these in mind.

But for now I'll be satisfied with this: How do you trade time?  What does that mean?

I'd love one of your annotated game discussions where you show screen shots and describe how a battle progresses with these in mind.

But for now I'll be satisfied with this: How do you trade time?  What does that mean?

When you are going to die, die slowly.  Make them come to you, make it take a long time.  Give your team time to cap fast or whatever.

What would you recommend a player like myself, plateau'd as green, to do to improve?

Survival rate is key to success. You can't deal damage if you're back at your garage already. I'm learning this the hard way as I struggle to solopub tier 10.

Speaking of which: Garbad, do you think the Kewei way is ever useful?

Survival rate is key to success. You can't deal damage if you're back at your garage already. I'm learning this the hard way as I struggle to solopub tier 10.

Speaking of which: Garbad, do you think the Kewei way is ever useful?

Paying in Iron is never bad.  In fact, I think its essential to hit the peak of play.  I don't think a player can truly be considered elite unless he can stand alone and win 65%+ without OP tanks, gold, platoons, or whatever else, and unless you try you never know if you are capable or not.  That said, most people will find more frustration than learning in beating their head against a wall. There is a reason you are expected to master addition before you start calculus.  The keweis of the world might be able to crack up a book and figure it out with raw brainpower alone, but most people need context and practice, step by step.

How would you critique my progress so far stat wise? I'm hoping to make it into a top clan after I get out of Basic Training (I leave in September/October for (hopefully) Fort Benning for training as a 19 Kilo, have to see how my ASVAB scores are first though), and I really wanna try to hit uni-60day and blue/high dark green overall in both wn8 and WR before I ship.

I think I'm a tad too focused on stats, but I usually give every game my best. Here are some of my better replays (not sure if many of them will work):

http://wotreplays.com/uploader/Raytroy2/id/336789

PS. All my arty kills are dedicated to you from now on, Almighty Arty Hater.

How would you critique my progress so far stat wise? I'm hoping to make it into a top clan after I get out of Basic Training (I leave in September/October for (hopefully) Fort Benning for training as a 19 Kilo, have to see how my ASVAB scores are first though), and I really wanna try to hit uni-60day and blue/high dark green overall in both wn8 and WR before I ship.

I think I'm a tad too focused on stats, but I usually give every game my best. Here are some of my better replays (not sure if many of them will work):

http://wotreplays.com/uploader/Raytroy2/id/336789

PS. All my arty kills are dedicated to you from now on, Almighty Arty Hater.

55% win rate is pretty good for 4k games, but other than that I don't have an opinion on your stats.

1.  Batchat

2.  T-34-2

3.  KV-5

4.  E3

5.  STB

You might, in some ways they are similar.  But the china meds are true mediums -- they can scout, but are not dedicated scouts like the AMX 13 90 line.  Its worth a look, just be prepared to get frustrated on nights when the derp guns won't shoot straight.

Kittens on weekdays, my kittenqueue is empty atm.

Why T-34-2? 

Why T-34-2? 

Because when the gun shoot straights the t342's combination of speed, turret, and BOOM is hilariously fun.  Its just the gun doesn't shoot straight about half the time.  But I get 2k+ exp games at an extremely high rate in in.  Like 1 in 5.

EDIT:

Just checked:

http://wotreplays.com/uploader/Garbad_the_Weak/id/262141/tank/618/nation/4/type/2/version/30,29,28,27,26,25,24,23,22,16,14,15,13,19,18,20,17,21,31/

9 games over 2k exp out of 91.

maybe you don't have this issue any more, but how do you deal with second guessing yourself?

You do what you know you should be doing, and it doesn't work. Maybe it doesn't work several times consecutively, with "reasonable" excuses each time - "normally, I don't get one shot by the lone dark red arty on their team... but it happened this time."

This happens several times and I start to think "I need to learn how to keep this from happening", which results in me taking a different approach to the early game - One that leads to frequently finding myself at full HP, but with my team losing, and me having to either pull off a superhero performance (1v4 victory and return to reset), or lose. <- While I can occasionally make it work, more often than not it ends in a high damage (wn8) loss

How do you manage failures, and not allow your playstyle to be influenced by them? I've hard this issue in other games as well. hard putting precise thoughts into words and conveying meaning effectively in a few hundred characters of plain text. almost as hard as Rexxie 8P2hmtb.jpg

Do you think WZ-120 is "fun" ? Not necessary be OP, and obviously T-54 is the OP one. The bigger alpha in a medium chassis looks attractive and unique.

Do you actually watch MLP or is your profile pic unrelated? Just wondering, no h8 towards the bronies.