Garbad

The Official Garbad Fan Club Thread

Which moderator's cunt smells the worst?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. Which moderator's cunt smells the worst?

I am Garbad from NA. I play hard, play to win at all costs, and write a lot teaching others how to do the same.  I'm well known for hating arty, tank reviews, map/tactics reviews, and solopub challenges.  I attempt to explain game tactics and balance concisely and in an interesting way.  Some hate it, many like it.  Here's a few examples:

http://wotlabs.net/articles/wz-120-chinese-genocide-simulator/

I'm recently famous for this:
http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/09/08/insider-info/

Given that I am yet again in the news, I thought I would respond publicly and let you euros judge for yourself.  SS seems to have a vendetta against me.  I don't know him, I don't think I've ever talked to him.  But some of what he says is true -- I do rage against arty, the unskilled, and anyone else looking for a fight.  I don't think I've ever said the word "jew," but I certainly don't hold back, either.  It seems only fair to me -- talk shit, get hit.  I'll dish it and take it, that's what debate is.  But that's all incidental. The reason my name is mentioned at all is that I vocally opposed arty and some of WG's other policies.  I'll let you judge for yourself.

What are your views on arty?

Note:  The developer claims I created the catchphrase "go get cancer, jew."  I don't know if people say that here, but they don't on NA.  In any event, that's not my work.  I did tag all my poasts REMOVE_ARTY_FROM_THE_GAME, which to me was like Carthago Delenda Est.

https://www.google.com/search?q=REMOVE_ARTY_FROM_THE_GAME&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb

Are you banned?

No.  I am still active and currently a member of -G-, NA's top clan.  I don't have any alts/rerolls and so on.  This is my only account since beta.

http://worldoftanks.com/community/accounts/1000125653-Garbad/

What about solopub?  Is it true you solopub at 70%?

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/131649-the-kv5-challenge/

Yes.  In 2012 I was a well known strategy writer/unicum. I was gifted a KV-5 by a fan of the tank.  He wanted me to prove the tank wasn't as bad as commonly believed, and also to prove it was possible to win solo.  What began there grew into thousands of games played with no platoons, no gold, no bullshit and all replays hosted.  Some are interested in these because it proves its possible to win 65%+ without gold/platoons/etc.  Others just like reviews and demonstrations of the tanks.  I've even gone head to head with a few eurostars, including Dovakhin and EmbryonicJourney, and won both.  Since then, many others in NA have copied the format. 

What about gold spam?

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/245670-the-t69-challenge-aka-the-gold-round-challenge/

In a nutshell, I think its imbalancing on many tanks, negates armor and skilled play, and is pay to win.  However, I spam gold liberally -- only a fool fails to use a tool he and everyone else are given.  Before gold for silver I never shot gold.  I also acknowledge gold rounds are historical, and so support a compromise -- limit gold to 10% of capacity of 5 rounds, no more.

I want to watch you rage on Ectar.

And now...if you'd like to ask me something, fire away.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/427245-hello-euros-i-am-garbad/page__st__60

They put it back.

An amusing thread.  

There is a HUGE difference between how people respond(ed) to you between the two official forums.  

It appears they edited my OP to remove the reference to jew.

Kinda pointless...

What's the rep on the post for those of us without EUrolls?

It appears they edited my OP to remove the reference to jew.

Some of those Euro's sure are a serious bunch...you really tweaked them with that 'I am famous' line ;)

Especially that echo7 guy, had to write an essay about how he fetches water hangs with and does 'important stuff' for famous stars, just to prove you are not famous ;)

Nothing.  The best revenge is to ignore them as the impotently click at me.

I prefer to instigate them and excel under fire.

Wow, i've never spent much time on the EU forums, and after reading through it a bit I'm glad I haven't.

It's like the NA forums General Discussion cancer was multiplied by 1,000,000 and then regurgitated by a 14 year old brat kid.

In a nutshell, I think its imbalancing on many tanks, negates armor and skilled play, and is pay to win.  However, I spam gold liberally -- only a fool fails to use a tool he and everyone else are given.  Before gold for silver I never shot gold.  I also acknowledge gold rounds are historical, and so support a compromise -- limit gold to 10% of capacity of 5 rounds, no more.

How about a general rebalance so that alternative shell types are approximately as effective as each other, but at different ranges/angles (or with some tradeoff like penetration/damage), and have the same price? I honestly think that's the best option. Complete removal would kind of make the game a bit more static than a rebalance.

Aside from that, re:arty, would you be satisfied with a no-arty mode (a quasi-separate MM queue) implemented in randoms, or is it intolerable to you in CW also?

Nothing.  The best revenge is to ignore them as the impotently click at me.

Best plan. Once you start raging at artillery and wishing Ebola on them it's hard to stop. Next thing you know you've been clicked on two more times and are dead.

Ok, I have a Elite SU-100 atm, and was wondering which line is more reliable in terms of AP penetration. And I also need a tier X german heavy besides a E 100/Maus that's great for brawling.

Ok, I have a Elite SU-100 atm, and was wondering which line is more reliable in terms of AP penetration. And I also need a tier X german heavy besides a E 100/Maus that's great for brawling.

I preferred the 122 on the SU, if that's your question.  As for the two lines, 268 is by far better. 

What are your normal play times and is there a specific tier you are grinding? 

Doing some blocks research for the baddies  :thumbup:

Back to a more serious WOT related topic,

What do you think of the Leopard 1 now? I know in a tier 10 rating a long time ago you gave it a decent score (nearly on par with the STB, and better than all the other NATO mediums). But that was a while ago. A lot has changed since the Leopard 1 was introduced into the game.

I've recently finished putting 216k exp on the ptA but I'm considering if the Leopard 1 is worth it. Reason: I feel it's very hard to carry in a tank with completely no armour like the ptA (the ptA also suffers from bad gun control, bad depression for a NATO tank, and bad DPM). In a lot of the games with the ptA, I feel that quite often I have had no effect on the outcome of the battle, yes it can fire support, but it's hard to fire support carry. It has mobility to flex, but can not outfight anything it faces when it flexes there. Vision games? The soviet (or even the Chinese copy of them) does it better. It's rare that the mobility advantage or the 10m extra viewrange of the ptA over the T54 comes into use, yet the T54 can always outfight the ptA, not to mention T54 will take little attrition damage against lower tier tanks where anything will pen the ptA.

Does the Leopard 1 really get better? Sure, it offers greatly improved ROF, +3 depression, much better mobility thanks to improved terrain resistance and traverse but it is now a tier 10 tank. I mean, does it not just run into the same problems just like the ptA?

What are your normal play times and is there a specific tier you are grinding? 

Doing some blocks research for the baddies  :thumbup:

Let the retard clickers come.  I will rape their corpses and remind them why I am a unicum.  Tier 7-9, ~6-8 EST.

Make sure you let the cancer know.  And here's the deal.  For each time I get clicked to death, I promise 10 wins.  Let's see who defeats whom.

What do you think of the Leopard 1 now?

My opinion really hasn't changed.  Its a high risk, high reward tank.  Frustrating for the masses, especially on some maps, but capable of extreme greatness as well.

I roughly understood it since I speak Spanish, and it's just his most famous arty rant, but in a different language. Maybe I should translate it and put it on the RU forums, just to see the results...

I would not have told them anyway.  Personally I have played with and against you a few times over my almost 20k battles as well as other great players.   Changing my games style (which is not much in the first place) to focus on one person is dumb ...as dumb as hunting sheriffs with horse blinders on. 

The otter members should have been streaming pubbie videos just to point out how bad people play when they focus on one or two tanks with tiny gold carrots hanging in front of them.  I am sure it would be delightful video to watch 

I would not have told them anyway.  Personally I have played with and against you a few times over my almost 20k battles as well as other great players.   Changing my games style (which is not much in the first place) to focus on one person is dumb ...as dumb as hunting sheriffs with horse blinders on. 

The otter members should have been streaming pubbie videos just to point out how bad people play when they focus on one or two tanks with tiny gold carrots hanging in front of them.  I am sure it would be delightful video to watch 

Last night I had three games where cancer clicked at me every shot.  In each, I face fucked the clickers and won the game.

Pro Tip:  Attacking a fortress at its strongest point isn't a good tactic.  Of course, even pubs know this, they just don't care about winning.  They will gladly choke down 10 preventable losses to get one screenshot of a killing a guy who doesn't know they exist.