Garbad

The Official Garbad Fan Club Thread

Which moderator's cunt smells the worst?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. Which moderator's cunt smells the worst?

Email invites sent: 26

Email Invites accepted: 23

Email Invites upgrade trial success: 0

Open Invites accepted: 0

Open Invites upgrade trial success: 0

REWARDS CLAIMED

2 PLEX

0 Catalyst Collection

10 Game Time

Garbad is a pubbie frming cnt steeling all or invtes nerf pls SerB fck this furum I cnt win so its sht fck u Gerbed

Garbad is a pubbie frming cnt steeling all or invtes nerf pls SerB fck this furum I cnt win so its sht fck u Gerbed

omg omg omg nd we you dew dont accept the free vacation to twiwan.  they take orgens.

wXQHsnY.png

Check this out:

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/long-distance-travel-changes-inbound/

This is an upcoming changes dev thread by CCP, the creators of eve.  Take a look and wonder at all the things they do right that WG doesn't do at all:

1.  The fact that they wrote this in english in the first place (the devs are not muricans and this is not a NA company).  And note the professional writing.

2.  Stated goals of the changes.

3.  Talked about how they gathered info.

4.  Talked to the top players, incorporated feedback.

5.  THEN they made specific plans.

6.  Stated their anticipated effects of the nerf, including negative ones (ie, more caps in small fights)

7.  Plans will ease in gradually, giving people time to adjust instead of tearing the bandaid off, and for them to make sure its working as intended.

And that's about as good as it gets, gents.  CCP has its flaws, including the notorious burn jita events last year.  But this is an example of development and community relations done very right.  Make no mistake, this is a nerf and a lot of players will be angry...but they laid out reasons, communicated well in advance, got feedback and data to support their plans, and included flexibility if things don't work out.  And that's why CCP was making millions back when WG was making thousands and why CCP will be in business long after WG's one hit wonder fades.

OMG this is awesome. FInally the huge Goon masses will have to actually co-ordinate and not just blob away.

Us small 1337 groups with 2k members will start to become even better. SInce Titan Bridiges came to Eve and all the Carebears grinded for 2 summers and bought the Titan and the GSF horribaddies started getting TB networks it effectively killed Moderate skill PVP as you had to either be PL or NCDOT level of PVPers to go deep in the North and survive or you would get countered ridiculously fast with a TB and since you were Ok at PVP and not great like us you had to fight 3 vs 1 and win.

Hopefully this makes skilled small roams a great option again. 2007 was a great time in Eve and if it becomes that way again I`ll come back.

CCP did do much better than before, as you said they are much much better at listening to the Elite group of players or Null sec leaders.

Also to guys who dont know Eve, it really is crazy what is lost in game....A Titan for instance is 70 bil isk on the cheap and more like 80-100 Billion ISK. Plex is now 750 mil and what 20 bucks? So when you jumb a Titan into a fight and lose it, you just lost 1200 dollars....So when we killed 13 Supers in one sitting we are talking 15 grand in currency.

Its not like WOW where yo u respawn or like tanks where you lose 20k, it means grinding for 6 months.

Honestly I don't watch TV and don't care about it.

LB-1, of course.  If you want 122s on meds run china

Yes.  Despite the popular whine, vets don't have as huge of an advantage as people act like. 

Eve skills take real life time to train, so yes, you will never catch up to an older player in total skill points.  But since only a set number of skills have any impact on the ship you are in, you can get just as good as them in any given ship in a short time.  This is why focused young chars are usually BETTER than older chars, who tend to dabble in lots of things.  You can also buy chars legally if you really want an old char.  And finally, in a practical sense most of the time good enough skills (level 4 training) are good enough.  Fleet doctrine, numbers, and player skill is far more important than if you have 3% faster reload than your opponent.

The thing about eve is its a sandbox.  It is what you make it.  This is in contrast to most games, which are basically narrated stories (level to 80, then grind gear).  Eve has none of that.  For people who aren't used to exploring, reading, and coming up with things that interest them that makes eve boring and very hard.  For people who do like it, eve offers limitless depth (I've been playing for 6 years and have barely scratched the surface of whats out there), by far the best politics/training/fan nerds out there.  Its not even close.  The game itself can be dull -- combat is boring, a lot of the time you will spend thinking, not playing.  People call it spreadsheets in space, and it is.  Its about thinking, long term goals, politics, and so on.  Not so much combat, flashy lights, or slot machine/treadmill grinding. 

This is the entire reason I play WOT, it is anti Eve. SHallow fast insta PVP. I was already 4 years deep into Eve when CB Wot came out.

Lol I see your in BUSA, we had those guys back in Cry Havoc days. I was with Habit guys like Elise and Viper. Its funny Garbad you are the Viper of WOT.

This makes me want to try Eve out. But d you have to invest a lot of time as a beginner?

Do you think it would be a good idea to make T10 an T10 exclusive tier?
So for random +-2 tier 9 would be top. That would probably make T10 unicums see less tomatoes and people who does not want to play with WT100/183 etc won't have to do it unless they have a comparable tank.

This makes me want to try Eve out. But d you have to invest a lot of time as a beginner?

Eve is a game where you invest as much time as you care to.  There is no leveling up, so no time spent on that.  The time you spend is either 1) making money to buy things you want or 2) doing whatever you do to play the game.  No grinding.  For some, that's liberating.  For others, they just can't figure out what to do with their time.  But eve is casual friendly in the sense there is no reason to invest 40 hours unless you want to.

Do you think it would be a good idea to make T10 an T10 exclusive tier?

So for random +-2 tier 9 would be top. That would probably make T10 unicums see less tomatoes and people who does not want to play with WT100/183 etc won't have to do it unless they have a comparable tank.

They tried it with BT12, and overall I think the game was better that way.  I think the only reason BT12 failed so badly was excessive cancer and thus the relative lack of t10 participation.  Today, BT12 might be a good thing.

WTF Garbad is in PL? mate I never see you on mumble.

Well, "play" might be an exaggeration.  As you can see I have a tendency to go afk for literally months.  I made my isk years ago, and at this point only play if its an interesting mukkroam or a major fight.  I have no interest in ganks.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=320987

Eve is a game where you invest as much time as you care to.  There is no leveling up, so no time spent on that.  The time you spend is either 1) making money to buy things you want or 2) doing whatever you do to play the game.  No grinding.  For some, that's liberating.  For others, they just can't figure out what to do with their time.  But eve is casual friendly in the sense there is no reason to invest 40 hours unless you want to.

They tried it with BT12, and overall I think the game was better that way.  I think the only reason BT12 failed so badly was excessive cancer and thus the relative lack of t10 participation.  Today, BT12 might be a good thing.

Well, "play" might be an exaggeration.  As you can see I have a tendency to go afk for literally months.  I made my isk years ago, and at this point only play if its an interesting mukkroam or a major fight.  I have no interest in ganks.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=320987

BT12 was only a tier10 exlusive battle tier wasn't it? I mean a BT12 and T10 tanks are restricted to BT12. They can NOT face t8/t9 tanks.

First, I would like to thank you for being a big part of making me a better player. I remember having a 48% WRand sub 500WN6 when I was just over 1000 games played. Your advice isn't falling on dead ears. Some pubbies do listen.

So, I was reading this thread:

And the OP said this on the second page.

If you balanced this game for the unicums, then it would break.

That just seems blatently wrong. If you balance tanks for idiots, you'll end up with a boring game with little room for skill or improvement, or you'll have tanks that become overpowered in the hands of skilled players. The latter scenario just means padders will use those tanks like they use the 62A. I would think it would be best to balance both the skill ceiling as well as the floor. In other words, the game needs to be accessible yet also rewarding as your individual skill increases.

With that Idea in mind, the low tiers should be the tanks that are accessible(possibly even nerfing the skill ceiling to prevent pedo tankers). Therefore, allowing new players to compete on an even playing ground and learn the basic mechanics of shooting and spotting. Whereas, the middle to high tiers should progressively allow skill to be the largest factor in how effective any tank is.

That's just my initial thoughts, and it could be flawed. I'm wondering what your opinion is.

That's just my initial thoughts, and it could be flawed. I'm wondering what your opinion is.

Yes, he's an idiot.  If you balance the game around people who can't figure out how to use a screwdriver, screwdrivers will always seem imbalanced.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/433216-on-basic-misunderstanding-of-tank-principles/

Garbad, I remember you saying that for you, something suddenly "clicked", you learned to harness your aggression, and without a fundamental change, jumped from around my level to yours in a matter of weeks. Am I going through that?

Although I'm playing significantly less, my 1K battle stats seem to be going up very fast in terms of win-rate while solo'ing Tier 10s; while I used to platoon frequently and play 7-10, but would sometimes dip into the scrubby 56% recent win-rate range, I'm now hitting high 60s on my own. I just need some time for my 1K battle stats to catch up! Thanks for all your help, Garbad-senpai! \o/

Garbad, I remember you saying that for you, something suddenly "clicked", you learned to harness your aggression, and without a fundamental change, jumped from around my level to yours in a matter of weeks. Am I going through that?

Although I'm playing significantly less, my 1K battle stats seem to be going up very fast in terms of win-rate while solo'ing Tier 10s; while I used to platoon frequently and play 7-10, but would sometimes dip into the scrubby 56% recent win-rate range, I'm now hitting high 60s on my own. I just need some time for my 1K battle stats to catch up! Thanks for all your help, Garbad-senpai! \o/

That's not correct.  It was a gradual process.  I made two jumps in my career, but that was from ~58% recent to ~62% (from end of beta to release), and from ~68% to 75% (just after the kv5 challenge/release of the french/joining G).  But in general, there are no short cuts.

Moar eve links:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/1p915i/what_you_need_to_know_before_playing_eve_online/

https://wiki.braveineve.com/dojo/skillplans

That's not correct.  It was a gradual process.  I made two jumps in my career, but that was from ~58% recent to ~62% (from end of beta to release), and from ~68% to 75% (just after the kv5 challenge/release of the french/joining G).  But in general, there are no short cuts.

So... my improvement is statistically invalid because of small sample size? I understand, I'll try to see if I can sustain it. By the way, while I'm on the subject, do you think that a 64% or so solo winrate is possible with a 2500 WN8 or thereabout in stuff like the 140 and IS-7?

So... my improvement is statistically invalid because of small sample size? I understand, I'll try to see if I can sustain it. By the way, while I'm on the subject, do you think that a 64% or so solo winrate is possible with a 2500 WN8 or thereabout in stuff like the 140 and IS-7?

No idea.  I don't even glance at wn8.  The bulba guys would know.

I'm blaming you for making me get back into eve Garbad, that and the deal steam had where you could get a 1 year sub for 65 bucks...

Before you spend the money there is a invite back a bittervet program too -- like 2 free weeks.

Before you spend the money there is a invite back a bittervet program too -- like 2 free weeks.

I might try this. Burn Eden is pretty much ran by the same guys I think.

G is NCDOT and PL still bros? If so you wanna do some roams? Except Im kind of scared, i was the Elite in the game from Merc Co to BOB to Cry Havoc and NCDOT...Hell I didnt even know they had Tech 2 Drakes :)

Is Armor still the pref for most Elite groups? I personally loved Shields as I loved my oversize AB shield Ham-Tengu`s that dropped bombs. I loved fast ships. Still AmorHacs and Abby`s where still mainly king. That or Napocs

ALso G forgot to ask is Mukk still there? We used to lead OPS when he was in Hull Miners Union before he came to BUSA. Mukk is truly a solid FC. I like his style. I might give it a try, but as you know getting the knowledge and up to date on things to be at the level where you are a great Eve player takes a lot of investment. It helps so much to know whats happening in the universe.

Also G are you gonna go hard into new wing commander?