Garbad

The Official Garbad Fan Club Thread

Which moderator's cunt smells the worst?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. Which moderator's cunt smells the worst?

What exactly was the train of logic that led to that decision?

As is evidenced by this thread, Garbad has built a fanbase. Much of this is due to the mass of undeniably good content that he has produced over the years. The logic behind the decision was:

Establish a filter, that will allow good content to flow while isolating the shit.

As is evidenced by this thread, Garbad has built a fanbase. Much of this is due to the mass of undeniably good content that he has produced over the years. The logic behind the decision was:

Establish a filter, that will allow good content to flow while isolating the shit.

Why give him admin powers in the first place then? It seems like an invitation for trouble.

We could simply have moderated everything he posted without allowing for allurai-scale levels of abuse.

Far short of admin powers.

And I'm not programming a unique rank for anyone. He got the exact same powers all Purple Poasters received, along with the same responsibilities.

Fair enough with that.

Though i didn't know of the explicit policy, it was pretty obvious to me that something was up, seeing all the shit threads in APP and yet seeing garbad post rather politely in general threads raised a red flag.

What exactly was the train of logic that led to that decision?

We generally expect people who post on a forum dedicated to improving their gameplay in a specific game to also attempt to continue to improve themselves as people, or at least if they can't do that exercise some level of self control and humanity.  Unfortunately, some people..such as Garbad and yourself..are unable to exercise any sort of self restraint in their interactions with people online.  

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you probably don't talk down to people, assert your perceived omniscience, and generally treat people like shit out in the real world.  Or at least if you do you probably have no friends or get punched in the face a lot.  And from what little I know of Garbad it's no different...he has a professional career, friends, and supposedly even a girlfriend.  But due to the relative anonymity of the Internet people feel like they can be absolute cunts with little to no repercussions.  The difference is that beyond being a total cunt and shit-stirrer, Garbad actually produced quality content that resonates with people and helps them achieve the originally stated goals of the website: to improve their gameplay.  Garbad is actually good at tanks too.

I am certain though that in your infinite wisdom and understanding of all things Echelon that you could probably balance an ego the size of Garbad's with the desire to continue to host quality content the likes of which he produces much better than the pitiful staff of Wotlabs ever would have managed.  Thank you for your concern.

We generally expect people who post on a forum dedicated to improving their gameplay in a specific game to also attempt to continue to improve themselves as people, or at least if they can't do that exercise some level of self control and humanity.  Unfortunately, some people..such as Garbad and yourself..are unable to exercise any sort of self restraint in their interactions with people online.  

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you probably don't talk down to people, assert your perceived omniscience, and generally treat people like shit out in the real world.  Or at least if you do you probably have no friends or get punched in the face a lot.  And from what little I know of Garbad it's no different...he has a professional career, friends, and supposedly even a girlfriend.  But due to the relative anonymity of the Internet people feel like they can be absolute cunts with little to no repercussions.  The difference is that beyond being a total cunt and shit-stirrer, Garbad actually produced quality content that resonates with people and helps them achieve the originally stated goals of the website: to improve their gameplay.  Garbad is actually good at tanks too.

I am certain though that in your infinite wisdom and understanding of all things Echelon that you could probably balance an ego the size of Garbad's with the desire to continue to host quality content the likes of which he produces much better than the pitiful staff of Wotlabs ever would have managed.  Thank you for your concern.

I'm well aware I can be an asshole when I raise my points and that I'm terrible at reading people, but I don't go in saying "let's go stir shit", I go in saying "I disagree with you" then throw my points at you. I'm generally civil and polite on these forums when nothing riles me up, I'm in here to help others and am committed to doing so; I don't seek a fight if I don't see anything worth fighting over (i.e. fighting for the sake of fighting). Generally, the thing which sets me off is misinformation being fed to new players or poor research methodology.

Do I have a tendency to overreact? Yes.

Am I going to go on a tirade because I felt like arguing? No.

Will I make posts specifically to seek attention? No

But I'll jump to the main point which I've written about before: The intent with which a post is made can matter far more than the actual post itself. (see below on my response to Xen)

Xen, the same poast can be a shitpost, gudpost, or mehpost. It depends on the intent and context.

Posting about how SPrem wrecks the game in an Sprem thread with supported arguments = Gudpost

Posting about how SPrem wrecks the game in a venting room thread with supported arguments = Mehpost

Posting about how SPrem wrecks the game in a every fucking thread in the forum = Shitpoast

Posting about how SPrem wrecks the game in every thread for the EXPLICIT purpose of riling people up = Fuck off shitlord.

Same thing with Garbad.

Posting about how WN8 is flawed and giving arguments = Gudpoast

Posting how WN8 is flawed and how padders are padding = Mehpost

Posting how WN8 is flawed and accusing other posters for the explicit purpose of stirring up shit while stroking your own epeen = shitpoast

Intent + Context >>> Content

When someone like myself is giving a moderate opinion, you know shit's serious.

There's a difference between shitposting which comes as a result of poorly worded posts, and shitposting  .

Oh boi. I doubt he will ever actually be gone. 

For a while.

After he inevitably gets himself kicked out of wherever he's setting up shop(unless he moved to 4chan), he'll show up here again.

For a while.

After he inevitably gets himself kicked out of wherever he's setting up shop(unless he moved to 4chan), he'll show up here again.

He can't build monuments to himself on 4chan, and Tioga's better at baiting than he is anyway

He can't build monuments to himself on 4chan, and Tioga's better at baiting than he is anyway

Besides, many of 4chans boards are pretty much plsgo on a forum.

Its like: 

Anon posts slightly Bias but kinda sensible opinion. 

Next anon tells him hes wrong. 

OP asks why.

"Newfag gtfo" 

add another two hundred posts of green texting after this. Five of the posts are worth reading.

Sharethreads on /mu/ are decent. Some small boards are good. 

Not a place for garbad. It fits the dumb stuff he did, but the content would not be appreciated or permanent. 

Besides, many of 4chans boards are pretty much plsgo on a forum.

Its like: 

Anon posts slightly Bias but kinda sensible opinion. 

Next anon tells him hes wrong. 

OP asks why.

"Newfag gtfo" 

add another two hundred posts of green texting after this. Five of the posts are worth reading.

Sharethreads on /mu/ are decent. Some small boards are good. 

Not a place for garbad. It fits the dumb stuff he did, but the content would not be appreciated or permanent. 

It's useful for hilarious threads like this

Sweet+sundae+ramen+recipe_c31f9f_5419370

I don't actually frequent it, I just find the funny stuff on various other web sites so I don't have to filter through the trash that is 4chan generally.

PS: I will gift 500 gold to anyone who makes this and eats it on stream. Must record it for posterity.

Such responsibility is too much for a single man, you must share the burden with AntonioHandsome.

He died too but with the help of the community I believe that I can shitpost at a greater rate than Antonio and Garbad combined.

We had one guy get so pissed at Ziddy and I not answering his PMs he complained about it and then literally ragequit the private convo. Fastest I've ever seen someone go from trying to be recruited to losing all chance of ever joining the clan.

We had one guy get so pissed at Ziddy and I not answering his PMs he complained about it and then literally ragequit the private convo. Fastest I've ever seen someone go from trying to be recruited to losing all chance of ever joining the clan.

I've never left any PM on any forum because I like looking back on them years later and laughing at people.

"About 50% of the people here like you/can tolerate, and 50% do not like you at all. Allurai and Solono (head admins) are probably part of the 50% that dislike you.

What I'm trying to say is that you are on a very short leash. You tend to be very trollish, and that's fine if it doesn't derail a constructive thread, but if you start messing with people who are trying to learn or keep harping at the past (Which you have been RO'd for...twice now?), chances are you will not be here very long."

Why is USA in this thread, desecrating this glorious shrine to our Great Leader Garbad? Get out.

You Garbad fanboys should be thanking me. If anyone can bring Garbad back, it's me... even if it is just to be mad at me for a few posts.

idk something about 4chan boards just reek of 16 year olds

On mobile so I cannot also quote peanutfly, but /ck/ is one of the good boards actually, and 16-25 year olds are pretty much 4chan in a nutshell (At least for /b/ and others)

The smaller, more tight nit boards with only a couple of tripcoders and little content are actually really good, bait doesn't get replies and people are nice.

I stopped browsing because the board I browsed was not tight nit, rather just stupid.

idk something about 4chan boards just reek of 16 year olds

I would say it reeks of 30 years behaving like 10 year olds.

4chan, 8chan and those places quintessential hives of scum and villainy :-)