Garbad

The Official Garbad Fan Club Thread

Which moderator's cunt smells the worst?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. Which moderator's cunt smells the worst?

Ok one more thing to keep You entertained. I decided to go for the Bat (my highest tier is T-34-2 at 8, with shitty 15 games or so) my most favourite tank yet is T-34-1 and I generally suck at light tanks because I played so few battles in them. I only have Chaffee to try regular scouty tank and the ELC AMX for fun, it´s a keeper. I´m currently at amx 12t.

1) I´d like one good advice to stick with, while playing those tanks that lead to the Bat

2) Any word on the Bat, cause I only saw that You mentioned You like it.

something unique You have to say, other than I can read in usual bullshit threads ?

Thanks weakling :)

Yes, I have always loved the bat and its smaller but equally awesome brother, the 13 90.  There is a reason both are among my most played and most successful tanks - I use them both extensively in competitive play.

As for the best lights, there are really only a few worthy choices.  RU is a great tank.  Walker is also great, and in a better tier.  1390 is very good, but sketchy fire control.  T37 is popular among low tier lights.  I don't think any of the others can compare with these.  Most mid tier scouts are garbage.

@CDC

BUY ME COC FOR THIS WEEKEND.

So, does anyone want to loan me an account to dick around on?  Ideally it has:

- lots fun tanks in tier 7-10, especially mediums or russians

- good crews

- dont mind if I spam gold and such, ideally has a little gold for xfers and such.

- I dont mind grinding through lines or leveling up crews

- dont care if i suiscout or whatever

- I dont care if your stats are potato, in fact thats better

In honoure of march madness, here are my top 16 tanks.
xC4nlT0.jpg

Note the Kewelian games played.

1.  KV-5 - Gifted to me by Misoki for the KV-5 challenge, I've since won the 95% challenge and 500 other games solopub in it.  She may be slow, ugly, and kind of weak, but she gets the job done.
2.  Type 59 - I bought this just after it came out, the last time I spent money on this game.  Its seen better days, but as a natural medium and a brawler, its been good to me.
3.  T-54 - In beta, I refused to play the T-54 because it was so flagrantly OP...but who can resist the soviet wedge sexiness?  This was also my CW/TC tank for most of 2012.
4.  AMX 13 90 - The scout with Teeth -- its blend of quickness and firepower made it a beast in my hands.  Back when G was a viable clam (f), I played this tank for hundreds of TCs, as well.
5.  Batchat 25t - Even as a tier 9, this tank had murderous strength.  Autoloader + scouty quickness is basically my ideal.  This has been my exclusive clan wars tank since 2013.
6.  T29 - In 2012, the T29 was pretty much the best heavy in WOT.  Beast turret, heavy firepower, and one of the few tanks that didn't need to fear IS-4s = win.  It was my go to credit earner before t8 prems, also.
7.  Pershing - Just after

In honoure of march madness, here are my top 16 tanks.
xC4nlT0.jpg

Note the Kewelian games played.

1.  KV-5 - Gifted to me by Misoki for the KV-5 challenge, I've since won the 95% challenge and 500 other games solopub in it.  She may be slow, ugly, and kind of weak, but she gets the job done.
2.  Type 59 - I bought this just after it came out, the last time I spent money on this game.  Its seen better days, but as a natural medium and a brawler, its been good to me.
3.  T-54 - In beta, I refused to play the T-54 because it was so flagrantly OP...but who can resist the soviet wedge sexiness?  This was also my CW/TC tank for most of 2012.
4.  AMX 13 90 - The scout with Teeth -- its blend of quickness and firepower made it a beast in my hands.  Back when G was a viable clam (f), I played this tank for hundreds of TCs, as well.
5.  Batchat 25t - Even as a tier 9, this tank had murderous strength.  Autoloader + scouty quickness is basically my ideal.  This has been my exclusive clan wars tank since 2013.
6.  T29 - In 2012, the T29 was pretty much the best heavy in WOT.  Beast turret, heavy firepower, and one of the few tanks that didn't need to fear IS-4s = win.  It was my go to credit earner before t8 prems, also.
7.  Pershing - Just after release, the US mediums were to go to line for unica because of heavenly comfort levels.  The pershing was a bit slow, but she could hold the line against heavies and still do work.
8.  IS-3 - The IS-3 was the first tank I ground up to on release, and the first tank I hit over 1k exp/game in (extremely rare in those days).  When%

Would You say (example) 65% WR solopubber vs. 65% WR toon boosted player are of the same value in the match ?

I found I have a huge disrespect for anyone playing it on metrics while tooning considerable ammount of their games. If they can prove their worth by solopubbing then it´s fine, but there are guys who toon like nearly every game they play. And then IMO it´s similar to wn8 padding, using broken tank, except they use broken tank + toon.

Would You say (example) 65% WR solopubber vs. 65% WR toon boosted player are of the same value in the match ?

I found I have a huge disrespect for anyone playing it on metrics while tooning considerable ammount of their games. If they can prove their worth by solopubbing then it´s fine, but there are guys who toon like nearly every game they play. And then IMO it´s similar to wn8 padding, using broken tank, except they use broken tank + toon.

In what kind of match?  In a solopub playing alone, obviously the solopub guy will do better.  But in a platoon or clam wars or whatever, pubstars are often inexperienced, selfish, and keep trying to use their teammates as meat as they chai snipe.

Since I started streaming I've played almost exclusively solo and actually finding my stats(win rate and wn8) stayed the same as where they were when I was platooned most of my games. My stats are even going up where one would expect them to go down.

According to VBaddict, for the last year, my solo and platoon winrates are within a few tenths of a percentage point apart. Essentially the same.

However Garbad doesn't approve of VBaddict and dossier uploader, so he'll probably say something different.

In what kind of match?  In a solopub playing alone, obviously the solopub guy will do better.  But in a platoon or clam wars or whatever, pubstars are often inexperienced, selfish, and keep trying to use their teammates as meat as they chai snipe.

Solopub match. I´m trying to figure out the value of the player and/or convince myself that toon player isn´t just a padded shit. Thing is, what You described up there:

"But in a platoon or clam wars or whatever, pubstars are often inexperienced, selfish, and keep trying to use their teammates as meat as they chai snipe."

I´m sure You talk out of experience that I can´t comment to.

But having 65% WR solopub would imply that the said player doesn´t use such "tactics" because in fact if he did, he would often have to carry the matches against vastly superrior force, which is just so-so possible in certain tanks at certain skill level.

Again, I´m just a greasy yellow who can pull decent wn8 result only in a broken tank and actually not win games, but I´m trying to understand how the people really are, compared to the metrics. Also I´m terrible @ toons so I´m probably biased :D

probably a dumb question.. are you going to get the amx 30b and have you tried it on the test server?

edit: by the way I saw they posted one of your videos on reddit, I went into the comments on the video and yeah you are right you get quite a bit of negative energy thrown at you. Both comments are splurges about gold ammo LOL.

probably a dumb question.. are you going to get the amx 30b and have you tried it on the test server?

Yes, but no.  I'm training an AMX crew as we speak.  I was planning on using my 3rd girls but I don't think I'll get the T-55 in time.

Garbad I have an account you might like. Ive only played a few games on it since my buddy quit, pretty much just went on there to dick around in a couple tanks I didnt have. 

Logos73 is IGN

I have some questions about the art of damage whoring.

1.  How do you maintain acceptable damage farming in low HP games?  This isn't as big of a deal in tier 10, but often in tier 7-9 games there just won't be a big HP pool, and/or your team rips through the hostiles so quickly you don't get to farm the high HP tanks.  These games kill me -- 1200 damage 4 kill 15-2 wins are common.  How do you keep up your damage through games like this?

2.  What platoon combo is an ideal blend of whoring?  Solopub has the most potential farm, but at the same time you lose more, have no reliable spotters/people to hold other flanks, and so on, so there will be more catastrophic fails.  +2 supercums often ends up as a race to snap up the damage.  +2 blunica feels beneath me, plus I don't really know any shitters.  Plus blues always just fucking sit there, or follow me around trying to steal my damage.  +1 super works pretty well, but I'm not sure if we should split or not.  What's the ideal blend?  (Assume I solopub at ~65-70% and 3x supercum platoon at 75-80%).

3.  What do you do when shitters just fucking sit there?  Pubbies often fail to line up and let me DPM them.  As we all know, its common for shitters to just drive to a common position and there sit there and wait for someone else to do something.  In normal play for me, this means I assault them and smash them out...but this either means I trade hp (which can get me killed or reduce my effectiveness late game, plus miss critical mop up farming) or time (I sit around not doing much damage as I slowplay them to death).  Either hurts the damage farm, but what do I do?

http://wotreplays.com/site/1742299#arctic_region-garbad_the_weak-t-54

For example here -- early game panther2, IP, JP2, tiger, and friends all fucking sit there against two garbadeers, and I end up just trading shots with them to break through.  Wat do?

4.  How do you maintain proper selfishness, especially while solopubbing?  Every damage whore says the same things -- don't be first seen, let others take the beating as you farm.  But this is difficult to do, due in large part to the passive nature of both friend and foe, and the general ineptitude of the playerbase.  At least for me when solopubbing I am convinced a purple scouting/flanking/anchoring a line while greens snipe is superior to unicum sniping as greens flail about trying to scout or whatever it is that their kind try to do as they play.  In battles I find myself drifting to the front, trying to carry directly.  How do I choke it back and keep farming?  Aka, how do I suppress my instinct to maximize win chance regardless of my stats and instead learn to maximize damage while making wins probable?

http://wotreplays.com/site/1742294#el_halluf-garbad_the_weak-t-34-1

For example here -- I can't help but do an encircling movement, even knowing there is significant risk.  It worked this time, but I suspect the ideal damage whoring strategy would be something else.  Wat do?

5.  How do you judge when your team will win without you?  I watched some of polloto's replays.  That pubbie is cancerous as fuck.  I watched him repeatedly pass on kill shots on arty and so on to get maximum damage shots on another tank, leave his allies to die, and so on.  He paid for it in wins, yet his dpg was superb. He seemed to consciously manage the hostile's collapse -- he didn't want a big win, he wanted his teammates to all die as he snapped up all damage.  Or put another way, how do you judge to do just enough to make a win likely without doing so much that most of your friendlies survive to cannibalize your damage?  I also wondered if I should occasionally create situations where I capfast or reset cap in order to maintain the maximum capfast contribution to wn8.  Any advice on this?

Bonus: 

http://wotreplays.com/site/1725178#mines-garbad_the_weak-is-6

How many bricks would you shit if I did this in a platoon with you?

Or just in general, any other tips for farming damage?

Not atm.  My poor bruised ego is still recovering from the obj 430 challenge.  After I go a month or so with bloated, padded stats I may start doing things like that again.

Good suggestion, but I've read them all.  And liked the movie.  Also hornblower.

Because carthage made my romans afraid, and that cannot be forgiven.

Fun Fact:

Did you know the romans had a quasi feminist revolution just after the Punic wars?  As they discussed repealing a law, the debate came to center about the fact that roman women were the ones leading the push to have the law rolled back, and if it was appropriate/legal for women to participate in the political process.  The conservatives argued that a woman's place is home, children, church, and that it was against tradition, and would cause marital discord.  The liberals argued that women had always participated in politics in some ways, that roman women could be trusted to use good judgement in their own interests, and besides with the asston amount of men dead they needed women to represent all families. The motion passed by overwhelming margin, and roman culture seemed perfectly willing to accept the idea of female legal equality, including political influence.  It lasted only one generation, because after that everyone lost their political freedom, but roman culture certainly appears (to me) to have been on track to feminism.

How's that for a historical twist from the ancient world?  I guess we have even more reason to thank christians and europe for literally setting civilization back more than 2,000 years.  Fucking euros.  We would be living on other planets but for your ignorance and superstition.

You would still be sitting in Your teepee, eating half rotten buffalo with your child caring/cooking pleb woman wasn´t it for Euros :P

Setting civilization back is right though. Anyway Rome = weak, Greece ftw.

You would still be sitting in Your teepee, eating half rotten buffalo with your child caring/cooking pleb woman wasn´t it for Euros :P

Setting civilization back is right though. Anyway Rome = weak, Greece ftw.

I think you are confused, eurofag.  You euros ARE what set civilization back 2000 years -- when you unwashed brutes sacked rome.  Europeans were the savages who crushed Mediterranean civilization.  Thankfully, you were able to rediscover the learning of your betters just in time to export it to us muricans, so we could carry you out of the dark ages.

P.S.  If you like fucking boys, maybe.  Greece had great ideas; rome made it reality.

1.  How do you maintain acceptable damage farming in low HP games?  

Be extremely aggressive, keep the gun fireing constantly, if you are winning by that much just ignore killshots, pubbies want kills to make them feel like they did something, someone will mop it up.

2.  What platoon combo is an ideal blend of whoring? 

People you're comfortable with. Not so much stat reliant.  The more comfortable you are with them the less you need to communicate while still being able to play as a platoon, allowing you to focus more on playing to the best of your ability.

3.  What do you do when shitters just fucking sit there?

You shouldn't have to trade hp unless you need to push the flank quickly.  As a medium you are free to relocate. As a heavy you can bait them into shooting an armored portion of your tank before exposing yourself to shoot them.  If you are forced to trade make sure the trade is favorable to you. 

4.  How do you maintain proper selfishness, especially while solopubbing?  

If you start losing health backup and let someone else start taking damage before pushing back out. People have short attention spans.  As for when to be front lining, I follow a simple procedure. after early damage drift behind friendlies and continue doing damage while assessing the flank. 

Now there are only two real situations that are going to happen.

Situation A: Your team is winning the flank. Response: start front lining and pushing into the enemy.

Situation B: Your team is losing the flank. Response: Continue 2nd lining and punishing enemy attempts to win the flank while using your teammates as an extension of your health, repeat until Situation A occurs.

5.  How do you judge when your team will win without you?  

When teams have a massive lead or the enemy is generally 1 shottable. Again, people want kills. They will go after 1 shot tanks the majority of the time. Even if they don't its pretty simple for you to one shot the enemy after you have more damage.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1725178#mines-garbad_the_weak-is-6

How many bricks would you shit if I did this in a platoon with you?

Wins are wins. 

You euros ARE what set civilization back 2000 years -- when you unwashed brutes sacked rome

I think you'll find it was the burning of the great library of Alexandria that set civilization back "200" years,the general consensus is it was on the orders of Julius Cesar...a Roman.....

You really should do your homework on the Northern tribes of the period I think you will find the were far more civilized than you give them credit for. But don't let facts get in the way of a good rant :verysmug:.

Your lot have managed to put a man on the moon...yet have still not really been able to manufacture a car that can go around corners quickly... :tongue:

I

yet have still not really been able to manufacture a car that can go around corners quickly... :tongue:

Who needs that if you can look badass instead?