Sign in to follow this  
Melol

Grinding tips

I am looking for tips on grinding because I haven't done an actual grind in forever. When I get back home I am planning on grinding out the Indien panzer to the Leo 1. I would like to get tips in general about grinding and hopefully tips on the line. Also is it worth spending free xp on this line or is the Leo PTA playable stock?

Long 88 is passable on the Indien until you get the 9cm. Indien is pretty slow anyway, so before you get that top engine it can be grating, but from the start you always have that kinda trolley turret and the good depression. 

Save free xp for PTA, especially the turret, which buffs everything. One PITA is that nothing carries over module-wise between awful-Indien-PTA. I love the PTA, but it does take some work to get up to passable condition

Use free xp for modules, NOT tanks.

For mediums research modules in this order: engine/tracks, gun, turret

For heavys its gun, turret, engine, tracks (ofc tracks and turret might be needed before.)

for lower tiers, abuse cammonet+binos combo

for stock guns use premium ammo

for doubles use premium ammo

dont forget, if you are bottom tier in a match you get big xp modifiers. So try to get as much spotting damage as possible instead of dying early in the match trying to scrape the paint of that +2 tier tank

I am also currently going down that line and I am already saving free XP for the PTA.
Concerning the Indien Panzer: I found that it works best when played like you would play a PTA. Extensive testing led me to believe that the armor is too unreliable to base your playstyle on it.
You really really want to free XP it's top engine though. You can live with the long 8,8cm and the top engine and have a pleasant grind. However DO NOT play without the top engine. You are slower than a Tiger II and you do not have the armor to make up for it. Don't make my mistake. Get that engine. It makes the difference between being able to run and being a burning wreck on a lot of occasions.

Wait for next patch's buffs. Indien is playable with the L71 alone. PTA needs more work. I recommend free xping the gun first, then turret if you can afford to.

PTA with engine and 9cm >> PTA with 105 but without engine

PTA with turret > all other configurations of only unlocking one thing with free xp.

Don't forget to mount equipment tracks, so you can put the tracks off until last if you want.

The turret is what makes this tank playable, reason is the bloom on the move.

Stock turret make you expose yourself far longer than having a faster engine would.  the dispersion values for it are simply terrible.  It would make the most sense to get first to actually shoot other tanks right?

Stock turret makes the gun nearly useless.

Damage = xp.

PTA with engine and 9cm >> PTA with 105 but without engine

I didn't try it that way, but I will argue for the Turret before the gun, since the Turret gives fantastic buffs to the 9cm, and it's not like you're seeing anything you hadn't seen on the 9cm with the IP.

And then Euchre ninja's and more eloquently expresses it than I.

TL:DR, go turret first on PTA.

Edited by Errants