Valachio

T54E1 - OP or not?

Firepower - The firepower of this tank is OP ONLY IF you use it correctly.  You absolutely need to aim in your shots and you can't be dumping potshots because missing a shot is extremely annoying for this tank not only because it is an autoloader, it's also hurting this tank's DPM.

Penetration - Extremely bad with AP.  Seriously you can't expect to reliably penetrate a lot of tanks at tier 9 with 210 AP.  You're not a T-54, you don't have the agility to make that 201 AP work.  A lot of times you simply will have to fight enemy tanks head-on and with 210 penetration...  I recommend full APCR if you have the credits.  Sometimes you're just driving along and you see an E-75 or T-54.  You can either have AP loaded and bounce all your shots or at least half your shots, or you can have APCR loaded and have the ability to actually reliably penetrate your opponents.  This is one of those tanks that have its performance doubled with gold rounds.

Gun Control - It's bad.  Like it's really bad, you will miss a shit load of shells sniping.  Turning your hull will turn your gun bloom into like a KV-1S and it's very bad for a tier 9 tank.  I recommend playing close quarters to avoid this shitty bad gun control.  

Clip Damage Potential - Absolutely OP.  You will deal out 1560 damage in theoretically 6.66 seconds and that is AMAZING.  People underestimate you all the time.  When people see a T57, they run.  But if they see a T54E1, they won't be as scared.  You can abuse peoples' ignorance of you on the battlefield to your advantage

Mobility - Traverse is super good, feel odd on such a large tank.  The acceleration and top speed is pretty shit though.  Mobility is not that good honestly.

Armor - This tank's size and armor is the main disadvantage.  Yes, you have autobounce angles on your turret and some upper plate armor but it's simply not enough at tier 9....  Plus if they do hit that auto-bounce angle on your turret, it will just ricochet into another part of your turret and pen anyways.  This tank is as tall as the T110E5 and same length.  You CANNOT take any hits.

Conclusion:  I will say this tank is a very situational tank.  It's a close-range brawler/opportunity abuser, unlike the 50 120, which is a really good sniper.  If you get Kharkov, Ensk, or other smaller maps, you have a good chance at getting some good damage in.  If you get a camping map like Prokhorovka or Redshire, you will no doubt have trouble performing well.  Remember if you play too aggressively, which is a mistake I made, you will die very early on in the game.  I managed to get 3.3k dpg over 150+ battles and I think I could possibly get better results than that if I play this tank more defensively. 

Thanks for reading!

I suck balls in mine... im way too aggresive, need to learn the ways of the autoloader. Took me 80 game in the borsig to realize how to play that thing (again was way too aggresive), after that... well, OP as fuck.

It's pwetty demn gud.

Good games and decent review. 10/10

Thanks bby

I suck balls in mine... im way too aggresive, need to learn the ways of the autoloader. Took me 80 game in the borsig to realize how to play that thing (again was way too aggresive), after that... well, OP as fuck.

Yeah it's very tempting to be aggressive, especially after playing tanks like the IS-6 so much.  But you just gotta have self-discipline I suppose :P

Thanks bby

Yeah it's very tempting to be aggressive, especially after playing tanks like the IS-6 so much.  But you just gotta have self-discipline I suppose :P

more used to the M46, which is just completely different play style. Im using the E1 as a traditional medium, when its not.

I'm on the T69 right now and the credit loss is colossal due to my need to shoot HEAT and eat food... How much credits do you normally lose shooting all APCR? I've lost 1 mil already due to my T69. QQ

I'm not a fan of the 54e1, but I played the 50120 first so I was used to an actual GUN, with pen, decent accuracy.  Not the troll 105 gun, but whatevs.  It's a great tank in the right situations

I'm on the T69 right now and the credit loss is colossal due to my need to shoot HEAT and eat food... How much credits do you normally lose shooting all APCR? I've lost 1 mil already due to my T69. QQ

I almost never shoot APCR andi have 2.7k DPG

6.66 seconds for 1560 damage? Pretty sure you're missing a shot there? 2.22 seconds per shell, 390 damage each... that's 1080 in 6.66 seconds. Forgot to take into account the first shell being already loaded.

But it is a great tank to use, autoloaders are a great mechanic. Obligatory replay to support:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/942250#lakeville-ihunttanks-t54e1

Them medals. And mobility is quite nice on the tank, it's like an M60 in terms of driving - not super fast, no super dodging powers like the T-54, but pleasant to drive.

for me its OP

210 battles

369 kills

75% wr

2587 dpb

1087 average xp

85%+ solo

95%+ AP ammo used (and of those 5% almost all was used while using the 90mm gun from T69)

6.66 seconds for 1560 damage? Pretty sure you're missing a shot there? 2.22 seconds per shell, 390 damage each... that's 1080 in 6.66 seconds.

-snip-

Your first shell is already loaded and you don't have to stay exposed after you last shell. So it's basically 3 intra-reload intervals for 4 shells.

Your first shell is already loaded and you don't have to stay exposed after you last shell. So it's basically 3 intra-reload intervals for 4 shells.

Ah true. Forgot to take into account the first shell being already loaded. 

For a hack like me, situational is the correct term.  I find myself at times (last night's debacle) facing T10 TD's and E100's in endgame funnels, and you can't do much.  The Foch/268'sTD's can out shoot you from a long way out, and penning them or any thick front heavy is not in the cards.

When flanking isn't an option, it is a rough row to hoe.

That said, it has the best record of any T9 I have, and its a hoot to drive.  I have to watch being greedy, popping out to clip an E50 to death, and getting whacked by his unseen friends.  I think I do more damage at 30% HP left, then I do for the first 70% because I take some dumb chances early.

If you use gold ammo, this tank is a faster T57 in Tier 9. I dont see how this tank is not op.

With 50% ap 50% apcr, depending on the game tier. 90% Solo pub games too.

RXoxU4W.png

If you use gold ammo, this tank is a faster T57 in Tier 9. I dont see how this tank is not op.

RXoxU4W.png

It's not always OP, because not everyone is as good as yourself?  

Hard purples shouldn't always rate, because they aren't exactly "above average".  IMHO

RXoxU4W.png

Except the gun handling is focking shiet lol

I played the T54E1 pretty well, especially by my standards.  I free exp'd to the top gun, and I played 200 games in it.  WN8 for the tank was 1800ish, averaged about 1850 damage, and had a 55% win rate.  Once I started shooting APCR liberally, I did a lot more damage per game.  But oh man.. the credits I spent on ammo in that tank..  The 175 games that VBaddict uploaded, I averaged losing 12k credits/battle, and that's just ammo/repair costs, not counting the consumables used to fix my ammo rack or heal my gunner.  I also rarely used food or any other premium consumable (except the auto fire extinguisher).  In comparison, I only average losing 6k/battle over 300+ games in my T-54.

The gun on the T54E1 is so inaccurate and has such bad handling that penning 2 shots of 4 at any distance was rare.  It's one of those tanks where the shells feel like they are drawn to the outside of your aim circle.  But if you load APCR, and play as heavy support, or can find distracted tanks, you can do great.  The best is tracking by hitting the wheel sprocket of a T10 heavy as they are trying to pull back after shooting and dumping your entire clip, leaving them exposed and crippled.   The worst is when you get a map like el halluf, where there is little arty cover, and you have to abuse terrain.  You aren't accurate enough to just poke a ridge and fire a couple times.  Also, it's a lot easier for enemies to retreat after your first shot if you hit them from 200+m.

You do have a great clip damage, though.  And you can dump out that 1600ish damage really quickly, but the 33 second reload (BIA, no food) takes for-ev-er.

Overall, it's a fun tank.  I got my ace tanker in my second to last game with it, elited it the next game, and sold it to buy the T57.

Except the gun handling is focking shiet lol

Only after hull movement/traverse. IIRC the after shooting dispersion is actually pretty good (can't look at TI atm). And that's what really counts with an autoloader, dumping all four shots on some unsuspecting pubbie.

Oh also compared to the T57, you don't have that agonizingly slow reverse speed. Peek out, dump your clip and be back in cover before they can turn their turrets and aim in.

Went through mine with 64% winrate and just shy of 2800wn8 which is pretty good for me. To be honest I enjoyed this much more than t69 (that pen -,-) or t57 (just too slow for my taste) and barely ever fired any apcr. Did free xp the gun after just one game with the stock one, did not regret. Probably going to buy this back once I get completely fed up with the t57. :D