Valachio

T54E1 - OP or not?

4 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

Poor pen, poor mobility, poor gun handling, poor accuracy, poor armor.

something they got buff, i would go for mobility or accuracy to compensate all others.

They thing is the RNG armor + autoloader + good alpha means lemons and worse will perform decent in them. Also even if it is comparatively weak vs other autoloaders RU server won't complain about murica tank and the overal stats are probably decent on it.

I dont think the tank needs a buff. It's still decent, even for a unicum. The last thing this game needs is more buffs to tanks that don't need it. *cough* IS-6 *cough*

Trying to 3 MOE this thing. 

What equipment/consumables do you recommend?

Crew

26bc0dd1bb.png

Current equipment

6c47ae52d4.png

Kindof want to have food, but seems this think catches fire to frequently.

2 hours ago, Lowlife555 said:

Trying to 3 MOE this thing. 

What equipment/consumables do you recommend?

Crew

26bc0dd1bb.png

Current equipment

6c47ae52d4.png

Kindof want to have food, but seems this think catches fire to frequently.

optics help with MOE a lot. Especially since the buffs to superheavies, there are plenty of tanks you can not dmg at all. Try to spot more (it counts towards MOE), EGLD may help you land a shot more every 2nd battle or so, but optics can add 500-800 additional spotting, especially since you do not run food.

Also, camo is shit, so that skill is next to useless (unless full camo crew), while 100% repairs help to save the rep kit for module dmg (it gets plenty), instead of track repair. That crew is gonna get to T57 anyway, and it is a simple crew there: BIA, safe s, 6th, full rep, gunnery skills.

Having only 36% overall repairs is useless, if you get tracked you will use the rep kit, and if you have used it already, it will not save your bacon.

ORD helps nothing since new physics, and ground resist values are quite decent to start with, anyway.

2 hours ago, Felicius said:

optics help with MOE a lot. Especially since the buffs to superheavies, there are plenty of tanks you can not dmg at all. Try to spot more (it counts towards MOE), EGLD may help you land a shot more every 2nd battle or so, but optics can add 500-800 additional spotting, especially since you do not run food.

Also, camo is shit, so that skill is next to useless (unless full camo crew), while 100% repairs help to save the rep kit for module dmg (it gets plenty), instead of track repair. That crew is gonna get to T57 anyway, and it is a simple crew there: BIA, safe s, 6th, full rep, gunnery skills.

Having only 36% overall repairs is useless, if you get tracked you will use the rep kit, and if you have used it already, it will not save your bacon.

ORD helps nothing since new physics, and ground resist values are quite decent to start with, anyway.

Nah I got T-57 crew!

Re-trained camo to reparis, using Optics instead of GLD.

7 hours ago, Lowlife555 said:

Nah I got T-57 crew!

Re-trained camo to reparis, using Optics instead of GLD.

400 base is too good to pass the optics. T54e1 should follow the same route as E50/M vision kiting: max the view range, burn enemy camo, it is worth more than your own camo boost.

E-50 M has the benefit of being able to feast on heavies, while T54e1 not so much - you have a awkward tank with bad acc, bad gun dep, crummy gun handling, bad pen, and high alpha/burst. It would feast on meds if it had gun handling/gun dep , or on heavies, if it was more like 50 120 (good gun dep now, nice gold pen).

It has a problem of finding a perfect engagement - that is why I suffered a lot in it. Skoda T50 has a very good combo of virtues, but it is an OP tank...IMHO, after the buff, 50 120 is better simply because you can find a position where you can unload a clip and take one shot (ok, two mostly) in return - but be confident you will not miss half, and bounce the other.

if you chase marks, big rep kits help, too. I know, since i play O-Ho a lot now, and i see sometimes up to 3 ppl killed from a single hit (on is-3 turret side, all except the driver, for example). If he had big rep kit, he could fight another day, if not...

rep kit accelerate your rep even when you spend it, but +5% instead of +10%. 

+1 on cola. Similar to the T69, I run GLD instead of optics. I started with 100% repairs, but training camo after that was very noticeable despite the poor base camo. This tank repairs its tracks insanely fast, so to me 100% repairs is not a must. BiA, sit. awareness, and gun handling skills have priority.

Due to the long inter-clip reload time, hitting your shots is imperative. Every bit of extra gun handling helps. Patience is key: don't rush your shots. It's rare to find situations where the enemy is distracted enough so that you can take all 4 shots.

As said above, the T54E1 can't currently compete against the 50 120 and Skoda T50. It could use an improvement to gun handling (between shots) to reduce the infuriating RNG factor.

Absolutely love this tank. The only thing I could free-xp was the engine (Had a near 4-skill crew to plunk in it) The stock gun has 181 pen...I've yet to use gold, averaging 1600 or so damage thus far (admittedly, only 8 battles, this may simply be the 'honeymoon' period we sometimes get) Pity it's so slow

48 minutes ago, furrystrawberry said:

this tank is better than the skoda for winning

The random bounces are stupid. I'm sad they nerfed the engine deck from its previous 57mm tho. Had a t95 ricochet on my ass 2x back when I played it :kreygasm:

22 minutes ago, furrystrawberry said:

they should give it the m103 hull. also raising ur gun/ top of the turret after clipping is hilarious. the troll bounces are great. why the fuck would wg nerf the engine deck tho. i just started playing it again but its so good

they nerfed it because everything needs to be arty penetrable :/

2 minutes ago, furrystrawberry said:

:/

also i just noticed that the pubby in your sig is the same person.

I could fill a book with things he's said.

Currently 12 games in with ~3k dmg with a 145 wn8 game:kappa:, if I can sustain it I think 3mark will be about 100games in. This tank seems to age pretty well (surprise surprise) in the current meta that emphasizes brawls and efficient trading. 

I really like the RNG armor: it’s not reliable but it provides extra exposure time by preventing snapshots. It’s no skoda/spagetto in late-game situations but a bigger alpha (4x390 vs 3x320) allows you to decimate shitters much quicker during mid game when you have limited chance to poke in a corridor. Tank is small and agile enough to avoid arty racism, and pubbies are less inclined to yolo you (see: 50 120). 35-40kmh+255pen is adequate to contest and hunt down overextended heaviums in popular brawling spots.

The bad thing, as previous poasters stated, is the terrible gun control and pen. The 8 depression is kinda useless since you can’t hillpoke and snapshot (a la E50/Patton style). Due to the unsatisfactory accuracy, you are pretty much forced to take a pen to the turret, or otherwise accept 2/4 even 1/4 hits which is terrible for your dpm. 

This inability to deliver your clip is more or less mitigated if you pick your targets and play hide and seek with your prey. Because of low max speed, you can't rotate between flanks easily, so you lose a major way to (1) reset enemy attention (2) reload. Instead, you need to be very mindful of enemy tendencies at the current flank. I find the challenging part of driving this tank is to strike a fine balance in maintaining an element of surprise while keeping your gun active at the same time. 

The first few clips thus become incredibly important, because you want to jumpstart the snowball at your current flank with a boulder. If your current flank is in a deadlock and the other flank is falling apart, this means you made a failed prediction at the beginning. Rotating is usually too late. I either go bushkemp to salvage damage, or yolo and hope my teammates follow me :microdoge:. But either way you lose HP or map control. Trading HP to keep your meatshields alive is actually not a bad idea in this tank, because late game you won't have as many opportunities to single people out as compared to other clip tanks.

After I've won a flank I usually go back base, because digging out camping TDs is a mission impossible in this thing. The gun works just fine when you ambush enemies crossing in the open. If shit hits the fan, remember your glorious final shot is worth 1560 alpha. 

Equipment: GLD+Vents+VStab+Food, I don’t think optic is very useful for its niche as an ambusher/trader/heavium hunter, and with bad camo and bad speed I rarely goes on hunt in the late game.

So how is this tank now that it’s a HT? My old E5 crew have been waiting for a new ride for a long time now...

It its current form it seems like a perfect tank for a mediocre 55% wr player who wants slightly above mediocre results (ie sub 60% with decent damage if you get good games).

Is it just me or does 400 base view range seem a little high for a tier 9 heavy?

With BIA, optics, vents, food, vent purge I'm rocking a 483 view range. I don't even have any view skills on any of the crew because they're only 3 skill.

This tank is GOD. I loved it back when it had 210 pen, now it's lovely! The only downside is MM matches you vs other heavies now so your team is always down a bit of armor