CraBeatOff

Wake of the Flood: Crab's replays

Its not so awful anymore. https://www.mediafire.com/?dbyxq2bja5n4ats 

Type 62, averages right around 2k dpg for 40ish battles. It used to be bad, then it was good, then it was awful, and now its pretty good again, except that terrible HEAT shell cost that just needs to be brought down from 12g/4800silver to what? 8? 9? So that even when you pen your gold shells you aren't losing credits. Its not like the 62 makes massive profits anyhow right?

Oh and a bonus Lakeville domination from Friday

http://wotreplays.com/site/3603139#lakeville-crabeatoff-type_62

Some tryhards, like @imoody for example, keep insisting to use the 90mm on the tier 9 T49. They're wrong, because fun and hilarity are the best outcomes. Here is a replay pack showing my run up to crossing the 95% threshold using the 152 after the move to 9. Took 2400 dpg plus tons of spotting. Was fun, and totally incidental to me just enjoying playing the tank. 

https://www.mediafire.com/?km2aij43eft2lx3

33fzFG2.jpg

Nearly 4 years without reply. I cannot help but feel partially responsible. 

Recently I was recruited to play this game again by @sr360 . He was my commander.  We've been experimenting with high camo LT builds for the anti-EBR meta. LNE is a pretty good piece of equipment, especially if you can deal with crappy gun bloom! I'll hopefully have some replay content soon, as we're working on a method of recording video with voice-over, working around my shitty hardware!

Ok still working on video commentary. In the meantime here's some thoughts and replays.

First - fuck EBRs. I'm decent in an EBR - i don't love them. They're bad for the game and although i do appreciate their ability to break open stalemates occasionally mostly they ruin matches specifically by exponentially punishing idiots. Pubbies can barely counter them. So this leaves me as a salty, aging LT driver in an EBR meta. However equipment 2.0 has yielded us some options on this. And of course the Manticore - which showed us that 44% camo and high view range can sit in a bush and help counter EBR idiots - and that you don't necessarily need gun mods to be competitive in a LT.

So enter the new trinity of high tier LT equipment. CVS LNE and some kind of boosted optics. Reloading? Why are you shooting? Vertical stabilizer? See previous point. Vents? If you have good base camo and need more view range you can drop LNE for this - Manticore and T-100 and of course the EBR.

Wether LNE or CVS gets slotted isn't something I've worked out. I'm sure there's some math on bushes but I've found that either works. Slotted LNE gives less defensive than slotted CVS gives offensive - but both have their uses - so it seems to come down to the map which cannot be predicted in pubs. Boosted optics are needed because there's almost no such thing as too much VR.

So how do you do damage? By shooting people who can't see you. Or using camo to get places they don't anticipate. Or by having your team shoot them while you fap in a bush. CVS is particularly useful for being able to see people in places that they cannot see you and then shooting them. Very very useful in bush lines. Additionally with this vision dominant setup you can more confidently fire from some positions - as often you'd be able to see whatever might spot you. This is due in part to leaning into camo - but also due to the equipment changes on other players tanks. Not every MT caps view range now, or has over 500. Ditto for TDs and binos! 

Enough theory crafting - although credit to @sr360 for engaging in hours of theory and test with me. See his absolutely rampant T-54LW StealthFighter post for crushing with this loadout.

Here are some replays. First up is Westfield. There's nothing too crazy about this except showing how CVS really messes with bushes. I burn out the Grilles pretty brutally. You can also see how i can camp in the wide open to snipe out the Strv at the end. Best part of this replay is my echolocation of the T-100 though. He was in an impossible to burn bush but since he knocked trees and i had hp I was able to choose an approach for surprise autoloader sex. Does the 46% or so camo on the 13 105 enable me to do something that 38ish wouldn't? I can't say. Maybe it makes me more bold than my default. But i appreciate the buffer.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5922118#westfield-crabeatoff-amx_13_105

Next up Cliff. This game is super boring. Blame the map. I never saw a good chance to go up on top. Infact I've yet had a chance to get up there with LNE equipped. But that's just how the match went. So i sat and denied the enemy any chance to push without punishment. And then they all flooded 1 side and i saw a chance to win. Rushed the 268v4 and then disappeared again. I've used this bush exactly once before in an EVEN90. That tank is smaller but i managed to get inside it. Bonking the shots on the STB and failing to get a kill there. You gotta watch it to believe but that part was thrilling. An absolutely delicious ending. Curious about what people think both about how i played the match and about this set up in general. Comments!

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5922052#cliff-crabeatoff-amx_13_105