CraBeatOff

Wake of the Flood: Crab's replays

On 25.4.2016 at 3:29 PM, TheMarine0341 said:

Wife and I have been watching a lot of "How I met your Mother" recently...

3 very fine games. What strikes me most is his originality in his heavy approach in game 2
and especially in game 3 in the WZ.
I will borrow the path he used with the type down the middle in game 1, I liked that idea.

Because his fellow Fatton covered mid and the E5 city to take the ditch on Fish bay was ok I suppose.

But I dont know if I dare to go hill on tundra when you are top heavy and the only one with armor. Your team easily gets
pissed off and their initial displacement can suffer as a consequence. It is boring to rub face in the banana and arty ofc
is pre-aimed but someone has to take responsibility there.
I suppose Crab has a strong confidence in being able to defend the base after first conquering hill
because WZ is pretty fast.
But still we could see that his team was poorly displaced, enemy easily winning both banana and bridge middle
and entering base area. The usual TD turds camping on a1 doing shit and blaming the team for everything
are still prevalent on this map no surprise there
Bottom line I feel a bit ambivalent regarding this tactic. Entering hill with that massive gun is somewhat surprising
to the enemy and generates a sweet DMG pool. But the game always looked messy and the outcome somewhat
uncertain altough Crab outplays the enemy in the end.

4 hours ago, ProxyCentauri said:

Bottom line I feel a bit ambivalent regarding this tactic. Entering hill with that massive gun is somewhat surprising
to the enemy and generates a sweet DMG pool. But the game always looked messy and the outcome somewhat
uncertain altough Crab outplays the enemy in the end.

As Crab has said multiple times: Its better to be the wrong tank doing the right thing. In this case, he's in a Heavium and winning the hill will open the rest of the map up wide. Better arty protection, can wipe the enemies pretty soundly and have the speed to flex as needed with the 111-1111111-4

3 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

As Crab has said multiple times: Its better to be the wrong tank doing the right thing. In this case, he's in a Heavium and winning the hill will open the rest of the map up wide. Better arty protection, can wipe the enemies pretty soundly and have the speed to flex as needed with the 111-1111111-4

Garbad said it first, I just repeat it! 

On my movements - the type 59 move was standard swamp for me. Taking the inside of the enemy hill is the mid/end game move and always has been at least for mediums. Obviously there's times when there are other better choices, but if I don't cross and light then those 4 TDs on our team are useless.

On fish bay, I knew Yankee and 0ut would be fine for town side. With no arty the 1 line push can be very formidable from North to South. IS4 is pretty strong hull down.

As for tundra... As you noted every other option seems bad. Generally I like to go someplace that has influence. I figured they would have lots of tanks hill, so I went hill rather than  spend 4 minutes of irrelvance on the 1 or middle. Plus on hill you can push, bunker, and most important leave. And if you win it you've got pretty good cap control.

Good players like to go places with options. "See tank, shoot tank" lanes are a waste of decision making ability, usually have vulnerable exits, and risk having no one to support or fight.

Ok, I am fulfilling requests for IS-4 @Drunken_Walrus http://www.mediafire.com/download/ibadauv4ue7pub8/crab_IS4.zip

I'm not terribly good in it, but I still think its a decent tank.

And for the BatChat for @ProxyCentauri http://www.mediafire.com/download/x93kj3wpzaph6g8/crab_Bat25t.zip

As always, unedited, you may see me suicide for no reason. There is at least 1 very good game with @KillerTiger

If anyone wants batches for tanks I've been playing often, let me know. I've been working mostly on 260 missions. Stuff I play a lot - china meds (WZ-120, T-34-3, Type 59), AMX 50B, T110E5, T-10, M41GF, M41 Bulldog, WZ-111 1-4, and KV-5. Oh and I'm grinding the SP1C now too. 

4 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

..and tnx for the ride :)
Actually, it looked like you needed a couple of games to home in on being a batman :)
I felt progress every game.
When on Mountain Pass you were ready.
Not a particularly great bat map but your play was razor sharp all the way.
The first 2 shots, particularly the 2. had Straik quality.
Scout down Rhoomba down, 2-0 entirely due to batman. 
Finally your ever present lovely sit awareness complemented tactical skills needed for that thing.
What a well deserved top gun! :ohno: 
You and AirG did absolutely everything right in that game.
Last game was great too, Cunt Coast not the most enjoyable of maps. Your early spotting did the job, enemy
location was pretty clear after 30 secs and AirG did a great job north jabbing from underneath. 
Easy pickings and the bat driver looked smooth and in the zone.
You 2 shouldnt have stopped I think you were in for some great games there chief!
:poona:

You're absolutely right about me being rusty on the Bat, and it taking a few games to pick back up. It's a tank I love but I find myself driving HTs most of the time when playing tier X because everyone else readies up mediums. And I can't stand losing because the MM puts 3 MTs vs beef.

But rustiness aside, it's still a very powerful tank if you can find the windows to drop the clip. It was really nice to platoon with KT who has been missing for weeks if not months due to wglna and school. He dropped right back into the flow, RU med farmer that he is. Ironically on the serene coast game I was basically just trying to do the mission to kill 2 spgs with no help. But it worked out great and the MT missions are really falling into place. 

As for mountainpass, I agree it's one of the worst offenders in terms of limited lanes. Perhaps it's only saving grace is that you can often find or create a hole and then a flank falls. But against dedicated camping teams I can imagine it's the worst, because breaking camps in strongholds is a massive pain. KT really bailed me out with the mutz which is good because we needed those HP. It was also great that he trusted and followed me in all those major relocations, because it took a lot of driving to make it all fall into place. Basically when the South fell, I knew we'd have enough speed to outrun the is7 and clear before having to engage him. But everything had to go right, which it did.

On 4/24/2016 at 0:46 PM, sr360 said:

I have a 50M. The 416 repurchase is a low priority project for me.

EDIT: if the proposed mission changes hold up after the next patch, my A-43 crew is going straight into the 416.

MT-12?

21 minutes ago, dualmaster333 said:

Thanks for showing me 50B Boiz.  Next up, TVP Pals?

Are you back? We need to platoon so you can show me just how bad I am...

2 hours ago, sr360 said:

@CraBeatOff -- I'll get a 416 this weekend. 

I'll do a couple in it out of obligation. The style is boring, but effective.

1 hour ago, dualmaster333 said:

Thanks for showing me 50B Boiz.  Next up, TVP Pals?

I think Ox spells it 50B Boyz. The z is a given though. I dunno if the tvp will work out as well, but I'm sure willing to find out!