Siimcy

Straight Outta Supertest: T49 Light Tank

The 90mm will probably have a ~7.5s reload like the 100mm on the wz-132.

Someone listed its base rate of fire at 9.5rpm or more.

Yes!

/BONERBONERBONER /happydance /boner

Well the STB could depress -6 without suspension (-12 together) but this looks like it couldnt depress even -3

Judging from the film the breech looks really small.

Someone listed its base rate of fire at 9.5rpm or more.

While that would no doubt be sweet, I have a very hard time believing that WG would let that happen. That said, they are planning on re-balancing LT's at some point (IIRC?). Perhaps they intend on releasing these LT's in the "balanced" state, and then change the others to fit?

While that would no doubt be sweet, I have a very hard time believing that WG would let that happen. That said, they are planning on re-balancing LT's at some point (IIRC?). Perhaps they intend on releasing these LT's in the "balanced" state, and then change the others to fit?

This is my ultimate hope.  They've said they want lights to have higher combat potential, so maybe this is just the first wave of that design coming to the game

Well the STB could depress -6 without suspension (-12 together) but this looks like it couldnt depress even -3

Well, the breech seems quite short, but 10 deg seems still quite a bit...

photo3-vi.jpg

Everyone comparing the XM81 to the KV-2 152mm needs to keep in mind that the KV-2's gun was based on a 6" towed gun originally designed to fire a much higher velocity (and consequently higher pressure) blackpowder (again even higher pressures due to burning characteristics) charged round. It was also designed before modern steel alloying and stress analysis for a towed mount where the extra weight, bulk, and recoil stroke wasn't a design consideration. The extra mass in the breech is good thing. It reduces recoil strain on the carriage and acts as a heat sink during rapid fire to prevent cook offs during loading.

The XM81 was more like a direct fire mortar. HEAT warheads don't need velocity and a guided missile solves target leading issues. Smokeless propellant and lower velocities mean you can make the breech much smaller as it has to contain much lower chamber pressures and it will have a shorter recoil stroke. The only thing conventional ammo would've been used against were soft or stationary targets. As the Sheridan was designed for airdrop weight reduction would've been a major factor in the gun design. IIRC the overall weight was hard capped at 42,500 so it could be carried in a C-130.

Derp 152 could 2 shot tier 8 HTs in pairs for many lulz.

I am very interested in the 102 pen with 320 alpha 90mm option though, Would that be a HESH for silver, with HEAT for gold (at 240 alpha)?

The 90mm M41 stats from the M48A1 are pretty boss also. 0.36 acc, 2s aim time and 9.52 rpm (droolworth dpm and easy 2 for 1 when you juke a shot). Plus being standard fire with fast reload toggling between 173 pen AP and sexy sexy 263 pen APCR. Most of us know how effective a Pershing gun is in BT9 or 10 game, especially when ignored for even a brief period of time. 

But as with anything from WG...the stuff we don't know will define it. How big? How fast? How invisible? And how will the guns handle. I doubt the dev will let the VK2801 v2.0 out of test...but that might be too much faith.At least it doesn't have the insane DPM as published now. But the revenge against the clickers would be oh-so-sweet.

But Chaffee softs on either of those 90mms will make this LT enthusiast very very happy. I've got 80k XP on my Chaffee right now, and should prob grind out another 50-60k to free XP before the patch hits. XP is fast at 1100/game :-D

This was what I was referencing Jac

This was what I was referencing Jac

9.52 rpm is the value for that gun on the m48a1. It's hopeful that we get a LT with tier9 mt level dpm as that's a good step towards improving combat viability

Guys guys guys.... what is wrong with you all? This is like listening to people talk about how fun the 107mm is going to be once they get the KV-2, or wishing that the FV 183 could mount the tortoise gun. It's a light tank.... with a 152mm. I'm gonna get the derp, and I'm going to use it to shit in the face of every waffle player and sky cancer driving son of a bitch I can find, then I'm going to find out where they live, break into their homes and teabag them while they sleep. Not only that but I'm going to take pictures of it all and post it to their family and colleagues along with a picture of their destroyed tank and something insulting spelled out in newspaper clippings. THEN I'M GONNA... I'M GONNA ARR! I will do such things, what they are yet I know not, but they shall be the terrors of the earth!

9.52 rpm is the value for that gun on the m48a1. It's hopeful that we get a LT with tier9 mt level dpm as that's a good step towards improving combat viability

An LT with T9 medium gun handling and DPM would be a gamebreaker, it'd essentially be a medium tank that keeps camo on the move, with favorable MM weight

An LT with T9 medium gun handling and DPM would be a gamebreaker, it'd essentially be a medium tank that keeps camo on the move, with favorable MM weight

I wouldn't be surprised the M41 Bulldog at tier 7 light had 2600 base DPM. 

I'm willing to bet there's going to be a big dpm buff to light tanks.