Situation: You're in your E100 (or other slow, fat, heavy tank with garbage camo) and you get south spawn on Prokhorovka. There are 3 hard hitting artillery on the enemy team. What do you do?

The way I see it you have 2 options:

1) Go to the mid and get slowly rekt by arty as you are spotted every 10s or so by a 1390 or something doing a scouting run.

2) Go to the hill and not have to deal with arty as much, but your overall ability to affect the outcome of the game is limited because you are stuck in one spot where you may or may not get any shots in at all. If the enemies push 1/2 and win, you're screwed.

option 3 but not really) Sit on 1/2 like all the other scrubs and hope to not get spotted and maybe get some shots in sniping with a 150mm. Same problem as option 2 though.

Any other ideas/strats that I'm missing?

4. Push into the south village and try to hug the buildings as they disintegrate around you. Shoot reds as they try to climb hill. 

I've done this a handful of times and sometimes it works OK, sometimes arty is just too stronk. 

TD mode on 1,2 can work but you are really taking the battle out of your hands at that point. If you have strong scouts/meds in the middle it could be a good play. 

Only other viable thing is arty bait in mid. Surprise ninja e100 sideshot into hill reds is too good when it happens. 

Climbing hill is, I think the worst of all the options. No camo, can't move, can't spot, not enough depression. Just meh. 

Yeah, Prok is pretty bad for heavy tanks. I really hope an upcoming patch will add rocks and buildings to the 1/2 line, making brawling there more viable, and eliminating TD camp.

I'd still go to mid and smash that LT into 200-300 HP range and he'd back off or die to my second shell

I'd rather live for 5 mins shooting the enemies hill in the side than struggle to get shots off on hill because lolnogundepression

I really hope an upcoming patch will add rocks and buildings to the 1/2 line, making brawling there more viable, and eliminating TD camp.

Great idea, would result in even more German paper sniper tears but oh well.