I've decided to sign up on the Bravo Team of the Minion Consortium for this tournament, and I was curious as to what setups should be run. I've already looked in the other thread on this topic, where the main suggestions seemed to be Cruiser IIs/IVs and Pz. ICs, but I was wondering about other potential setups. For one, would the Pz. II G be viable due to sufficient mobility to challenge the hill and the ability to reliably clip out other 3s, or the BT-7 with the even better effective mobility than the Pz. IC and extraordinary DPM?

Considering that, against a decent team, a turtle strat will fail every time on Mines, I suppose that TDs are out of the question, even though there are some very strong ones at Tier 3, such as the T82 and SU-76 with the 57mm. Thoughts?

Considering that, against a decent team, a turtle strat will fail every time on Mines

If you've ever played pubs in Mines you know that pushing anything against a team that's turtled, while not hard, isn't easy either. Any team that has players who can coordinate well is capable of just destroying your team if you decide to hastily break a camp/turtle. 

Pz2j's and Cruiser 3's maybe PZ1C's

everything else isn't good enough

What about the T-70? It can effectively bounce the Cruiser's HEAT due to the angular front. IIRC, it's very close to autobounce on its own without angling, so angled, it could work very well.

What about the T-70? It can effectively bounce the Cruiser's HEAT due to the angular front. IIRC, it's very close to autobounce on its own without angling, so angled, it could work very well.

Cruiser II HEAT pen = 110mm

35mm at 60 degrees are still only 70mm of effective armour. The driver's plate/hatch with 55mm of armour at the same angle has a decent chance of bouncing the Cruiser's HEAT with an effective armour of 110mm but that's it.

The steep angle of impact the Cruiser's shots will most likely have will further reduce effective armour by a few additional degrees, and the 15mm sides get penetrated by HEAT if they aren't at an 85+ degres auto bounce angle.

I spent some time playing my Cruiser II over the weekend to get used to the slow shell velocity. I also played around with HE and HEAT. At this tier I found that HE is fully capable of one shooting. The HE round has 47 pen, and most of the tanks at this tier have less than 30mm armor. In pubs I only needed to use HEAT against tier 4 and 5 tanks. Also if you are really unlucky wand get a low roll with the HEAT round you may not get a one shot. With that being said I'll mostly be firing HEAT, and will only use HE for low health targets and teams made up entirely of low armor tanks.

The south spawn has an amazing strategy that I saw in a pubbie game.  Two guys, one in a Cruiser III and one in the premium german Pz 38H735 had a wicked crossfire set up and just about won the game.  if you're interested in what they did, it's this replay: http://www.vbaddict.net/battlereport/ekozilla-na-b9aa3a17aef4a1b4103161256d69b48a/mines-great-britain-cruiser-mk-iv-13147501888941254#teams

I got super cocky after winning the hill , figured I charge in and take out the Cruiser III (tier 2 tanks are weak, right?) and got my ass handed to me for it. Our platoon of T-127s ended up with the win.