Have tried out the Cruiser IV a couple of times.  The pom-pom seems to be the gun of choice, especially in the Skirmishes.

Is there some secret to getting the second shot of a burst to go closer to the first?  Or am I simply at the mercy of the gun bucking.

First shot goes fairly close to the aim point, but the second is nowhere close, so a 4 shot clip only has 2 shots that hit the target.

Help?  o.O

No help?  o.O

Thanks

you can keep aiming while the gun triggers the 2nd shot.... so if you are shooting at a moving target... keep leading it.

I advice I got on this forum was to use the bofors and that is also my (very newb) suggestion to you.  The gun fires more slowly than other autoloaders so more chance to aim between shots and all of them can hurt as the caliber is the same for many of the single shot cannons at tier.

The bofors is the clear choice in orginized (tourny/platoon) play.

However, as I learned last night while grinding crew for upcoming skirmish, the bofors pen drops off to 0 trying to shoot across province. Meaning I could light the enemy, but not shoot them.

Marduk is right - the bofors is the gun of choice, but like some other tier 2/3 guns, it loses penetration past a certain distance (around 350m, I think). 

My cruiser advice: 

- You have 116 rounds.  Load 92AP / 24APCR because you will see tier 4s and 5s about 75% of your games. 

- Expect to miss the second shot of each volley unless you are near point blank range.  That way, when you actually hit the second shot, it's a bonus!

- Expect your armor to bounce nothing. 

- If you see a Pz1c, try to avoid it if possible.  If you have to fight it, don't let it get to the side of you.  Keep your frontal armor pointed at it at all times, and if you can, try to keep about a 20-30 degree angle.  That should allow you to bounce enough rounds to keep you alive.

- Stay alive early in the game and don't trade shots. You can carry tier 5 games if the opponents are bad, and you abuse camo and bushes.

- Tier 5 games are tough because of all the derp guns running around (M4, KV-1, Pz IV, S35Ca, SU-85B, Cruiser II, M5 Stuarts, Pz Sfl V Toasters) 

- You have good gun depression, so you should be able to pop up over a hill, pop off a few shots, and retreat. Don't sit in the open to fully aim, because you don't have turret armor.

First, know that the Brit medium line was my first, but I have kept and continue to play the Cruiser IV...Bofors is the way to go...do not just hold the trigger, though...think of the gun as your favorite pistol (Browning Hi-Power in my case)...double tap your target...each pull of the trigger will let off 2 rounds...satisfying to hear that "thunk, thunk"...take the time to aim down again before the second pull...you'll get more rounds on target...unless, or course, your are close in, then let 'er rip...the only map this gives trouble on is Province, but my theory has always been to take the gun that works best on most maps since you can't pick you battleground in pubs...keep plenty of APCR for the higher tiers (as noted above)...also, putting 4 APCR rounds into the front of T18s really gets their goat (be prepared for the "gold slinging noob" comments; funny, these always come from the folks you just killed as they have plenty of time to type, since they are dead)...just remember the pen drop and fight mostly in the 50-150m range and you'll have a great time

The problem of Province is the same with the Bofors and the russian T-46.

On the longer range this guns are useless. The right tactic is to stay alive. You can just distract the enemy tanks or you stop their valley run.

In the endgame this are the guns to do the clean up from closer range.

Abuse your camo and vision which are good for its tier.

The Cruiser IV is a good ambush tank but sticking around to finish the kill should be the exception rather than the rule.

Best engagements are butt sex with the enemy.

Very good for setting up crossing fire.

Mobility is excellent.

It is good at circle of death with autoaiming, again, choose your victim carefully.

Gun depression is good on this tank.

Shooting at anything over 200 meters is not really worth it: can be used to attract attention.

On Province cross the map ASAP and stay low on the mountain side close to the enemy. You can proxy spot tanks above you and spot/shoot tanks crossing over.

Enemy players will often try to get down to you exposing them to fire from your team mates camping the ridges.

Best in the endgame to clean up.

Abuse your camo and vision which are good for its tier.

This thing has good camo? It's bloody *huge*!

I'm not annoyed by the max range of the Bofors in Province, because I never snipe from one side to the other. I systematically rush down the valley to hug the other side. Range then is not a problem anymore, neither against tanks sniping from their side, nor against those trying to climb up our side, unless they manage to make it almost all the way up…