Burnout856

i suck and need to get better.

Yeah, I said it. I suck ass at this game and I need some help on how to do better. I Seriously hate being the last tank alive and I can't do shit about it because everyone else is better than me. Any suggestions?

The good thing is that you're already good at staying alive, most pubs' problems are yolo'ing in the beginning of game to much and dying. 

3 Things to learn:

Core Mechanics (Where to shoot tanks/ Sidescraping/ Abusing your armor/ Camo and spotting)

Situational Awareness (Looking at your minimap/Keeping aware of where tanks can shoot you from and when you can shoot back at them without having to take damage)

Map Knowledge (This has to be gained over time, Also look at guides on where to go.)

Lucky for you, you've stumbled on to the best place to get this information.

Here are some links to get you started:

Welcome aboard Burnout, you've already made the first step to get better in joining this forum. Have a read, watch a few videos and most of all have fun.

OP,

STOP

PLAYING

ARTY

only suggestion you need\most important suggestion you will ever get.

Shfty©

Stop fishing for complements

Just messing around but seriously hes a lot better than I was when I actually seriously started to learn

But a serious reply to OP how I start was learning how to successfully win a fight Armour angling aiming weak spots an maneuvers before learning tactical play that is a great way to start for example lets say a heavy tank with lots of armor is pushing you and you can only shoot the front a good idea is to reverse and after building up some speed turn to the side so he pushes you around his tank into the side armor

Yeah, I said it. I suck ass at this game and I need some help on how to do better. I Seriously hate being the last tank alive and I can't do shit about it because everyone else is better than me. Any suggestions?

You are making a wrong assumption. You can always try and learn to become better. So study mechanics, watch replays, experiment with various tanks/spots. And get sixth sense as soon as possible to evaluate positions on maps. First step is pointing out your own mistakes in each game and thinking what could you do better. Set some personal goals - I can't see your stats right now, so I may be off. Start with doing your tank hp in damage or getting 5-6 succesfull shots (gun dependant). Winrate comes later when you improve in general game mechanics. And yes it all takes some time and effort to learn usually.

If you find yourself alive at the end of the lost battle too often, then risk more a try to get to more advantage positions. Being last one alive during defeat usually means you:

1) were at the wrong place not contributing.

2) were hiding too much not contributing.

3) did everything well and utilized your camo/armor enough to survive - this is ideal, but usually doesn't happen. There is always room for improvement.

Hmmm, Can anyone link me to T57 Heavy Replays so I know how to play it when I get to it? I'll be starting medium lines as the T57 Heavy Is the only T10 HT I will get..

(gulp) 

you have 5,500 more games played than I do, have likely forgotten more than I have learned in total and are playing at much higher tiers than I am but I'm going to make just a few observations based on a hard look at your numbers and trends I saw (that is close to something I do irl)

Sample sizes include some very small samples but here goes:

1. your performance is much much better at tier 7 and below than tier 8 and higher. (Based on W/R trends and avg exp.)

2. staying alive doesn't seem to be as problematic for you as another area of your stats to date: accuracy(based on a subjective interpretation of accuracy percentages and avg damage dealt).  It was mentioned earlier to learn to hit your spots (where to shoot tanks, know the weakspots to shoot for etc etc.)

It could be inferred (loosely) that you are still learning where to shoot tanks at tier 8 and higher and if so, perhaps staying at tier 7 or lower in the near term to learn in stages might be suggested as a possible solution.   I have had to pause at tier III-IV for exactly this reason.

3. With two exceptions noted (T69 and M4 Sherman) your best performances(looking at W/R and Avg exp only) seem to be from more mobile tanks.  ie: see your Ferdinand, KV1, T34 ht, Lowe, JPanther, JPzE100 etc as examples of your worst performers.  Apologies if I misidentify slow tanks for fast etc there. Had to look several of those up)

edit: 4. your T69 poor performance noted above might be the result of it being tier VIII because as also noted; tier 7 and below seem to be your best tiers.  The raw numbers seem to suggest an exception to the "better performance in more mobile tanks" observation, but the reasons for those numbers may have more to do with the tiering and thus facing higher tier tanks with which you may be less familiar than those at lower tiers. 

also this comment below is one I read yesterday or so in this thread and found useful for my own gameplay.

The good thing is that you're already good at staying alive, most pubs' problems are yolo'ing in the beginning of game to much and dying. 

3 Things to learn:

Core Mechanics (Where to shoot tanks/ Sidescraping/ Abusing your armor/ Camo and spotting)

Situational Awareness (Looking at your minimap/Keeping aware of where tanks can shoot you from and when you can shoot back at them without having to take damage)

Map Knowledge (This has to be gained over time, Also look at guides on where to go.)

Lucky for you, you've stumbled on to the best place to get this information.

Here are some links to get you started:

apologies if I overstepped.