Sign in to follow this  
Captain_F22ACE

Meteor Madness Month-long Mission

• "Separate control scheme "Keyboard" was removed. For full emulation of this scheme, you can use the joystick profile (but you need to delete the axes settings first)"

Wargaming Sucks.

I might seriously try the La line. I remember how great it was back in closed beta. I wonder how PVE mode will work out with getting up in tiers.

Just remember this sad fact: even in PVE mode, many people will still lawndart at the start of the match or into ground targets.

• "Separate control scheme "Keyboard" was removed. For full emulation of this scheme, you can use the joystick profile (but you need to delete the axes settings first)"

Wargaming Sucks.

I immediately thought of you when reading that change a while back. Really sucks, and I honestly have no idea why they would remove that control scheme when it can still be emulated... Seriously, what's the point?

Also: The "new" PvE bots are awful. I was in a 109F and a Spitfire couldn't even out-do me in a rolling scissors... They also can't seem to attack ground targets fast enough to offset the new supremacy system (despite it ticking up slower).

The new AA/rear gunner effects look better (or at least are more visible), allowing you to see just what the AI is actually aiming at. May not look super realistic, but it's easier to read and may help the idiots who are getting shot down by AA think twice about continuing on into the enemy base... Probably not.

On the aspect of the new, complex ground targets: I love that they are changed in this way. ILs now actually HAVE to aim RIGHT at the truck, tank, or bunker to kill it. This means that ILs who are simply just bad at the game in general WILL do worse since they didn't really have to aim precisely before. Bombs and rockets splash damage the entire group of targets, but they are probably going to be saved for the "armored" targets now. Being able to knock out individual AA guns has also become easier, possibly making diving into enemy territory easier to control.

Finally, the new weighting of ground targets versus fighters and heavy fighters is great, in my opinion. Individual targets give you ~1-3 points of supremacy where a fighter would give 15, and a heavy would give 20. Ground Attack planes give 25, which seems odd but may result in making supremacy easier to beat back down when hunting the ILs down at the end of the game. I'm glad that WG is actually making player-controlled targets worth more than stationary AI-controlled ones for once...

Didn't like the Meteor in War Thunder. Its undoubtedly going to be the lower end Meteor as well in WoWP.

Game is still shit... nope. Not interested.

Didn't like the Meteor in War Thunder. Its undoubtedly going to be the lower end Meteor as well in WoWP.

Game is still shit... nope. Not interested.

That's what most of are expecting, and to answer Antiledo's question: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/32050-rumor-new-tier-7-premium-aircraft/

I'm very sad to not see the Me 609 in there.

Just remember this sad fact: even in PVE mode, many people will still lawndart at the start of the match or into ground targets.

Exactly.  I think that's the point.  Let them learn with training wheels, then graduate.  This should improve the quality of game play in the PVP game, at least at lower tiers.

Having just rerolled on the EU server, I can vouch at how bad the low tiers are.  This new mode should give people a chance to learn the basics before they get to fight the seal clubbers.

Thanks Cap.

I dove in head first in this mission; got 2 kills left on the week and am about 60 wins in, so ahead of schedule. I've literally had to tell myself to find at least one flight mate to make the game bearable. Otherwise, I agree with Kat that WoWP is less fun and just mostly frustrating.

I don't think PvE mode will help much. It will certainly help to some degree, but people still lawndart or strafe GTs in fighters at tier 6+. You can't fix stupid like that.

Ok, enough negativity for now...

It's funny that you guys mention WoWP not being fun, but I'm actually enjoying it more than tanks lately.  Was good to see you in game this weekend Ant. 

Working towards the meteor as well.  My logic is this, if I can do 50,000 experience in a weekend...twice for the 81-A, the meteor shouldn't be too bad.  Admittedly I'm not looking forward to purchasing a GA again...

From my perspective WoWP is fun, but random battles are not.

When you add in a good flight to each side, then you can have some epic and enjoyable battles. Tournaments are fun (in the right doses). Inter- and intraclan scrimmages in training rooms are fun.

On the other hand, when you have 5 lawn darts in a match, no matter if it is my team or the enemy, the match becomes significantly less fun; it is either a trivial win or a near-uncarryable loss.  Games decided by supremacy are typically less fun than otherwise. Games with one side stacked with RU/JP fighters vs another side with DE/US fighters are not fun. Games with more ILs than anything else are not fun. Games with just 262s and not much else are stale.

That being said, I'm still enjoying the first 5 days of the mission, but I am almost exclusively flying in a flight. The few battles I fought solo just run into the above situations too often so that I can't play for any serious length of time without going on tilt.

Still, enjoying it more than tanks. Just playing for 1 win a day this past 5x weekend for the free premium reminded me of that fact rather quickly.

And good to see yall in game too :)

From what I can gather, the mission objectives are making pubbies go crazy. Diving on the first red dot they see (more so than usual, at least) is usually now done by the whole team in an effort to get that kill to count towards the Meteor. I am seeing a wide spread of kills among pubbies now, which either indicates they are getting more involved in fights, or are getting involved more quickly so that the enemies don't die before they get a chance to shoot/ram an enemy.

I am having nightmares when imagining what the 2nd week will be like, with every pubbie trying to get 300 ground kills all at once... So many ILs... So many fighters bombing targets... Why WG, Why?

From what I can gather, the mission objectives are making pubbies go crazy. Diving on the first red dot they see (more so than usual, at least) is usually now done by the whole team in an effort to get that kill to count towards the Meteor. I am seeing a wide spread of kills among pubbies now, which either indicates they are getting more involved in fights, or are getting involved more quickly so that the enemies don't die before they get a chance to shoot/ram an enemy.

I am having nightmares when imagining what the 2nd week will be like, with every pubbie trying to get 300 ground kills all at once... So many ILs... So many fighters bombing targets... Why WG, Why?

Better learn to play at odd times of day then.....

Yeah my flight mate was musing about how it would've been smart of WG to stagger the missions instead of making them tied to a specific time.  When you complete one it unlocks another.  At least that way we wouldn't get as many folks running GA during the mission.  

I sincerely think it's going to be pretty miserable...Only time will tell.

My biggest problem during GT week will be all those ILs close to the ground, just waiting for a rocket splash kill. How can you pass up that opportunity? I think I will run US heavies and just rocket spam all day... forget about winning or getting GTs :)

My biggest problem during GT week will be all those ILs close to the ground, just waiting for a rocket splash kill. How can you pass up that opportunity? I think I will run US heavies and just rocket spam all day... forget about winning or getting GTs :)

hmm...might be a good time for me to buy the P-38 again. They hold 12 rockets or some such, no?

10 or so. Going to get at least 1 of the epic triple rocket kill medals before resigning myself to fate and having to kill GTs...

At least on the EU server, ground targets only count for the Meteor mission if they are done in a GA:

http://worldofwarplanes.eu/docs/weekly-missions-page/

Mission 3: Hunting Meteors II Goal Destroy 300 enemy ground targets flying the required aircraft. Reward

5 x First Aid Kit

5 x Automatic Fire Extinguisher

Conditions
  • Must be flying Attack Aircraft
  • Once per account

Fuuuuuuuck.  And here I was hoping at least to not be stuck in GA for the entire time.  Was planning on loading rockets on my P-38 firing a few at a gt and the rest at poor helpless GA while giggling manically and watching them 'Splode.  So much for that plan.  It doesn't say specifically that it requires flying an attack aircraft to get the kills, but the missions that lead up to it specific that you need an IL.  We shall see...

jfc, goodbye winrate, this is freaking pathetic.  How is this actually fun for people?  Seriously, can someone explain this to me?  You have little to no influence over the final result of the game, you can't out maneuver anything because you fly like a semi-truck. The only saving grace is if someone is stupid enough to literally fly through your field of fire making for an easy kill, and even then that's only if they don't duck out in the 5 seconds it would talk to kill them. 

I'm 10 games in and I have yet to win on my newly re-purchased IL-2.   Sad freaking panda over here...

jfc, goodbye winrate, this is freaking pathetic.  How is this actually fun for people?  Seriously, can someone explain this to me?  You have little to no influence over the final result of the game, you can't out maneuver anything because you fly like a semi-truck. The only saving grace is if someone is stupid enough to literally fly through your field of fire making for an easy kill, and even then that's only if they don't duck out in the 5 seconds it would talk to kill them. 

I'm 10 games in and I have yet to win on my newly re-purchased IL-2.   Sad freaking panda over here...

If I'm gonna do GA runs, I'll do it in a Heavy Fighter. Get a Brit or US HF and load rockets, and bombs if you want. I'd kinda shy away from loading rockets/bombs on Light Fighters unless you know what you're doing. Granted you won't be as agile and it takes longer, but at least you can fight back more than being in an IL.

Plus, you can always rocket/bomb the IL's trying to take your GT kills.  :tongue:  8)

Oh thank heavens, I don't have to run an IL.  I finally managed to get the 37 on the P38.  That thing makes a big difference.  Now I just try to clip peoples wings of and rocket stuffs.