CiDisguise

T-34-85M Premium

From FTR:

An upcoming tier 6 Soviet premium medium tank. The description reads:

Modification of the T-34-85 tank, created by the Factory No.183. It differed from the original tank by its improved frontal armor (at the expense of reducing the armor of the rear part) and fuel tanks, moved from the combat compartment to the rear. Only one prototype was created, as the suspension proved to be unreliable.

As the description suggests, it’s basically a T-34/85 with more armor. It is equipped with 85mm S-53 gun and has following (preliminary!) characteristics.

Penetration: 126/167/43
Damage: 160/160/280
DPM: 2002,2
Reload time: 4,795
Accuracy: 0,4
Aim time: 2,5
Depression: -5

Hitpoints: 740
Engine: 500hp
Weight: 32,23 tons
Hp/t: 15,51
Hull turnrate: 40
Viewrange: 350

--------------------------------------------

Looks to me like a sluggish Type 58 with a bit of hull armour. Having loved the 58, that excites me quite a bit. Anyone willing to share their (hopefully more informed) opinions?

Speed is also dependent in large part on terrain resistance, something that the IS-7 and T-62A are clear proof of, and we still don't know what kind of armor it will receive. The gun looks fairly mediocre in terms of handling and penetration, but the alpha and DPM look workable. I probably won't buy it though, as I'm waiting for the Tier 8 premium medium.

It's a T-34-85, Super Pershing edition. I'm ok with this.

Speed is also dependent in large part on terrain resistance, something that the IS-7 and T-62A are clear proof of, and we still don't know what kind of armor it will receive. The gun looks fairly mediocre in terms of handling and penetration, but the alpha and DPM look workable. I probably won't buy it though, as I'm waiting for the Tier 8 premium medium.

The armor looks to be pretty good (there's some screenies from the tank inspector and tank viewer).  The frontal armor is 75mm at 60° with side armor most likely staying at 45mm thick.  The driver port is even thicker at 100mm thick, but the MG will be a weakspot considering that it is 90mm almost vertical.The turret is the same as the T-34-85, so it should offer decent protection.  Considering how early in development it is, I'll wait before making any judgments on the stats, but it looks like something that I would love to have.

Pref MM or GTFO. The T-34-85 is already my most played tank. I see no reason to spend gold on a gimped version for whatever measly extra credit earning bonus it gets.

T6 prems for the stronghold player I see. Clever WG.

Now put the M-50 Super Sherman in at T6 with the German/French 75mm and we'll talk.

T-34-85 is one of my favourite tanks. I don't see a reason why buy a version with worse gun and slightly better armor. Maybe if the turret armor was much better - 110+ mm and got pref mm (gun pen sucks even with sprem).

Pref MM or GTFO. The T-34-85 is already my most played tank. I see no reason to spend gold on a gimped version for whatever measly extra credit earning bonus it gets.

The T-34-85 is my most-played tank too, and I'll probably buy the premmie just so I don't have to add games to the tech tree version ;) 

T-34-85 is one of my favourite tanks. I don't see a reason why buy a version with worse gun and slightly better armor. Maybe if the turret armor was much better - 110+ mm and got pref mm (gun pen sucks even with sprem).

The hull armor is a lot better.  Instead of being 90mm LoS thickness, it'll be 150mm LoS thickness.  That means instead of a hull that can only protect against tier 4s, you have a hull as strong as the Jumbo's.  I was also fairly impressed by the turret on the Type 58 when I played it, and this tank has the same turret, though maybe with one less cupola.

I've thought some more and I'm undecided if it'll be pref mm or not.  You've got the armor of a heavy and the speed of a medium (unless it gets IS-7 tracks), plus a gun that is pretty much the same as the top gun on another medium in its tier (and then several that have similar pen like the E8 and jumbo).  However, much crazier things have happened, so I'm just going to wait and see how things pan out.

With those gimped gun stats I detect sheltered MM. Sticks with WG's preferred theme for premiums which is great armor but lackluster guns. Also, the side armor liability means less angling, which means less overall armor to the point I couldn't see it as a standard 6. Compare it side by side the M4E2 and it's junk, so I can't see them making it standard MM. Game also needs more sheltered 6s, Togs get lonely.

Overall it looks like a great, well balanced tier 6 sheltered, I'd get it in a heartbeat.

With those gimped gun stats I detect sheltered MM. Sticks with WG's preferred theme for premiums which is great armor but lackluster guns. Also, the side armor liability means less angling, which means less overall armor to the point I couldn't see it as a standard 6. Compare it side by side the M4E2 and it's junk, so I can't see them making it standard MM. Game also needs more sheltered 6s, Togs get lonely.

Overall it looks like a great, well balanced tier 6 sheltered, I'd get it in a heartbeat.

I'm pretty pumped for it too.  More tier 6 pref tanks wouldn't hurt.

The side armor will be pretty weak, but it's just thick enough to not suffer from x3 overmatch from anything smaller than a 150mm cannon, which is more than most tier 6 meds can say.  The gun honestly isn't much worse than the Type 58's, it just has somewhat worse handling, though things like high movement dispersion could easily make it a lot less workable.  I'm not going to try to deny though that this gun will arguably be one of the lower performing tier 6 med cannons.

Tanks like the AT 15A and Ram II make me question if this will get pref mm, though I still think it should get it.  I'm just hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.