Never

Color Scale Updated

Thanks for the update!

A total noob question - if you hit exactly the expected values, what colour does that give you (i.e. what level of play are the epxected values based off)?

Thanks for the update!

A total noob question - if you hit exactly the expected values, what colour does that give you (i.e. what level of play are the epxected values based off)?

Meeting all expected values exactly gives you around 1500 (1538, I think) WN8. Dark green.

Pretty new colors.

Shame my recents are no longer purple with their increase as well as the past two weeks being bad at tanks. I guess I'll just have to stop potatoing so often to get pretty purple recents again.

So to edit colors.xc, we need to change the "colorRating" part and the "wn8" part, right?

// Dynamic color by various statistical parameters.

"colorRating": {
      "very_bad":     "0xFE0E00",   // very bad
      "bad":          "0xFE7903",   // bad
      "normal":       "0xF8F400",   // normal
      "good":         "0x60FF00",   // good
      "very_good":    "0x02C9B3",   // very good
      "unique":       "0xD042F3"    // unique
    },
// Dynamic color by WN8 rating
    "wn8": [
      { "value": 315,  "color": ${"def.colorRating.very_bad" } },  //    0 - 314  - very bad   (20% of players)
      { "value": 760,  "color": ${"def.colorRating.bad"      } },  //  315 - 759  - bad        (better then 20% of players)
      { "value": 1325, "color": ${"def.colorRating.normal"   } },  //  760 - 1324 - normal     (better then 60% of players)
      { "value": 1980, "color": ${"def.colorRating.good"     } },  // 1325 - 1979 - good       (better then 90% of players)
      { "value": 2570, "color": ${"def.colorRating.very_good"} },  // 1980 - 2569 - very good  (better then 99% of players)
      { "value": 9999, "color": ${"def.colorRating.unique"   } }   // 2570 - *    - unique     (better then 99.9% of players)
    ],

You need to keep the original colors thats listed under color rating then add a new set of colors under colorRatingNew and then you add the new colors as definitions with the color code that

have been added and you can change the wn8 and winrate values to the new color definitions. Dont worry I was tinkering with it for 2 hours. If you remove the old colors it will break the other

values that you didnt change like the wn6 scale and I dont think it will show stats at all. Not sure if there is a better way but this is how I did it for mine since I use the OMC version of an xvm

config so I cant just copy paste.

I kind of agree with the plebs tho, red as average seems worse than it is.  Why not a more neutral color for average, then flesh out more and more red/purple as htey go potato/unicum.

Green as top 95% seems extreme.

The only solution I can see while keeping the numbers and ranges of categories is changing "average" and all names including "average" to something else. A lot of categories would probably have awkward or even stupid names.

Moving yellow or orange down to average would require the removal of a group or two in the green range, otherwise there would be even more ugly colours.

Side note: I think the new teal colour looks good on its own, or against some other colours, but almost every contrast it can have in the sig looks like puke.

Good job Neverwish. New scale seems better split up. Well I am not very happy that my colours have changed down, but some of them went also up. Sad is that it says something about me and my obsession with stupid colors. Good thing is that I keep improving no matter the colors and that is what matters the most (and is the first goal). So the second goal is to get rid of obsession with colors :) Btw nice post.

I wonder, what caused the change? Was the old table wrong or did the data changed that much? I read the original post so I know now. Oh the lazy me.

I have a quick question. Just to make sure about what I say before I use this as ammunition to convince my family and friends I am not wasting my time on internet tonks (lel, like that is going to happen).  :tongue:

Are the ratings/percentiles based on data from every server or just the NA servers?

i.e. I am purple in overall, so does that mean I am part of the best 0.1% of players on all servers combined, or just relative to the NA server?

I have a quick question. Just to make sure about what I say before I use this as ammunition to convince my family and friends I am not wasting my time on internet tonks (lel, like that is going to happen).  :tongue:

Are the ratings/percentiles based on data from every server or just the NA servers?

i.e. I am purple in overall, so does that mean I am part of the best 0.1% of players on all servers combined, or just relative to the NA server?

RU server only. I should really ask seriych if it's possible to get one for NA or EU to see if the distributions are similar between them (we are currently operating under the assumption that they are).

RU server only. I should really ask seriych if it's possible to get one for NA or EU to see if the distributions are similar between them (we are currently operating under the assumption that they are).

Huh. So Blue indicates the player is top 1% of the RU server? Interesting.

So I am safe to assume it counts as roughly top 0.1% of all players playing World of Tanks?

why not just have the under 450 stay white.. new players that haven't even registered stats with their tank(s) are white, and if your under 450, your still considered a noob (white)? then move the color scale up from there to get rid of that gawd awful turquoise color? though it does go well with my current sig.. guess i'll need to maintain what my current sig is so the colors don't clash so much.

My teal overall makes me feel a bit special.

I think it's humourous that we're the same colors but IMHO there's a huge difference between 2k wn8 and 2.4k wn8.  Oh well. 

Well i know it must really suck for your colour to go down, however the technical term for your recent WN8 position actually increased from below average to average, dont get hung up on the colours so much they dont mean much compared to the numbers and the title of them.

This.  It's just colors.  I wish mine wasn't teal.  Primary colors FTW.  But nothing changed in my stats besides color coding and my win rate is more important anyway.