Garbad

Garbad Ranks the t8Tanks -- Power Ranking 8/2/2014

Personally I wouldn't give the Obj 416 a 10 ranking. I agree with everything that Garbad said about it, but the awkwardness that Garbad talks about is exactly why I'd ranking it lower. Maybe a Unicum can overcome the awkwardness, but for me I just couldn't get into it's grove. I personally feel the Pershing, and T-44 are better, so I'd rank the Obj 416 at a 7 or 8.

when a scrub like myself has just over 200 battles in the 416 with by far my best win rate(54.2%) of any tank with over 175 battles....its pretty op and deserves a 10.

dat gun....dat camo....

IS-6 > IS-3

JagdTiger 8.8cm needs better score

Am I the only one who think IS-3 is overrated?

I will admit I am surprised he rated it so far above the T32. I thought Millard was the only purple not in love with the T32...but perhaps I'm behind the times from my time among the barbarians in WT?

Yeah I plan on cycling through tier 8-10 every few months.

I'd ask you to drop down to 6 and rate those tanks, but (1) I know how you hate dropping below Tier 7, and (2) after you played the T1 at my request and hated it, you're probably loathe to jump into a tank I recommend. o_o

Cent - 3 - Similar to other mediums in tier, but softer and slower with no real advantages.

AwfulPanther - 1 - Firepower was great on a tier 6...but this is tier 8...leaving the awful panther with no camo, no firepower, low HP...and nothing at all worth a damn.

I thought the AwfulPanther was a lot more combat effective in tier 10 games than the Cent, even before they buffed it (apparently, haven't picked it up since I made 300 games). I find that a shitty light tank driven effectively is more useful than a very slow medium in higher tier battles.

I am totally biased though, I hate the Cent and I enjoy light tanks.

I thought the AwfulPanther was a lot more combat effective in tier 10 games than the Cent, even before they buffed it (apparently, haven't picked it up since I made 300 games). I find that a shitty light tank driven effectively is more useful than a very slow medium in higher tier battles.

I am totally biased though, I hate the Cent and I enjoy light tanks.

U WOT M8?!

seriously though, the Centurion might be a 3, but it is HARDLY awfulpanther level.

U WOT M8?!

seriously though, the Centurion might be a 3, but it is HARDLY awfulpanther level.

I disagree, my performance in the awfulpanther is like 66% wins and 4500 WN8 after 300 games. I can't carry anywhere near that much in the cent. In fact my cent stats are laughably average (or below average by unicum standards). Fast tanks are just more flexible than slow ones that have nothing going for them. I think that it comes down to the role of each tank, how well each tank fits that role and most importantly, how vital that role actually is to winning a game. The role of a light tank or a fast/camo medium can swing a battle, however "snipers" rarely swing battles, especially slow ones with poor DPM, poor camo and shit speed. People under estimate the auf panther, if you run 105 octane it's actually half decent, it just costs a stupid amount to run, considering that the t69 earns its rating with gold ammo I think it's only fair. 

I'm surprised the t-44 and t-34-2 got rated so high, also surprise the sta was rated so low, but then again what do I know.

I disagree, my performance in the awfulpanther is like 66% wins and 4500 WN8 after 300 games. I can't carry anywhere near that much in the cent. In fact my cent stats are laughably average (or below average by unicum standards). Fast tanks are just more flexible than slow ones that have nothing going for them. I think that it comes down to the role of each tank, how well each tank fits that role and most importantly, how vital that role actually is to winning a game. The role of a light tank or a fast/camo medium can swing a battle, however "snipers" rarely swing battles, especially slow ones with poor DPM, poor camo and shit speed. People under estimate the auf panther, if you run 105 octane it's actually half decent, it just costs a stupid amount to run, considering that the t69 earns its rating with gold ammo I think it's only fair. 

I took a peek at your stats, and I see what you mean. How you maintain those stats in the awfulpanther is beyond me. Of course, you might think the same of my Cent. It has workable turret armor, comfort, and mobility. It can have an effect beyond dmg, if you position it right and focus the right targets. I've managed to make it work and somehow come to disagree with the majority of hate poured on the tank.

Regardless to what we feel, both the Cent and the awfulpanther are flawed tanks that other tanks can outperform in most areas. We're outliers as it is. Are we succeeding with the tank, or despite it?

The Cent's rating is awful. For what it offers above the other tanks, I think it should he a lot higher. Slightly less alpha but loads of gun depression, a hardier turret than the Pershing IMHO, it has great acceleration and movement though it has a lower top speed, and excellent gun handling on par with the Pershing. Its an easy to drive sniper and flanker that has ridiculous penetration for its tier, and with prem, it becomes a gauss gun with total disregard for most armor. The STA-1 is better in some aspects, but I have never seen one out brawl a T-54. I outbrawled a T-54, full HP, several times with my Cent 1. The thing just clicks. It may not be in your 'meta niche' but its much better than the Indien for its job.

The Cent's rating is awful. For what it offers above the other tanks, I think it should he a lot higher. Slightly less alpha but loads of gun depression, a hardier turret than the Pershing IMHO, it has great acceleration and movement though it has a lower top speed, and excellent gun handling on par with the Pershing. Its an easy to drive sniper and flanker that has ridiculous penetration for its tier, and with prem, it becomes a gauss gun with total disregard for most armor. The STA-1 is better in some aspects, but I have never seen one out brawl a T-54. I outbrawled a T-54, full HP, several times with my Cent 1. The thing just clicks. It may not be in your 'meta niche' but its much better than the Indien for its job.

As much as I love the Cent, you can't gloss over its flaws. It tries to be a dpm support sniper, but has poor dpm and alpha. It's larger than some heavies. Objectively speaking it offers no advantage over the Pershing besides acceleration. I would rate it a 4, but I understand a 3 given the merciless curve.

The poor DPM I get. The size of a heavy tank is understandable. But at the same time, the Russians always made low heavies, the Chinese ones are mostly built off Russian ideals, the Americans are massive with relatively low speed up until the t32 and are massive with good turrets after. The Germans are super heavy in comparison, and the Brits are sorta designed after the Cent. It was a predecessor to a full MBT.

But the DPM kills it sometimes, I swear

I really like the list. I might drop the IS-3 down to an 8 because that front armour really isn't reliable at all any more and all the 175 pen russian guns go straight through it. Other than that thoough, the turret, mobility, and BL-9 are all great. APCR out of the BL-9 can pretty reliably pen the LFP on an E-100 which is pretty good imo.

I might also knock the JT88 up to a 4. If you can hull down in it, you can really hold lanes all on your own with the DPM and accuracy. I mean, I still regret purchasing it as my Pref 8 (the credit making lured me in!) but I think it's slightly better than a 3.

Other than that thoough, the turret, mobility, and BL-9 are all great. 

Turret is anything but great, roof is autopen, and if you're not facing a bad player, he'll know that. Which leads to fact that you can't rely on turret at all. Other than armor, IS-3 is very good though and it's currently my "go to" tank, if I'm having a bad streak.

I've always been quite fond of the Caern.  It has a lovely little gun and a trollish turret.  I think it's at least a 5.  I also loved my 4502A and Ferdi.  Then again, I played them before tier 10 mediums and when you had to actually use gold to buy premium rounds.  Back then, both of those tanks were trollish with their armor.

Is the 416 really that good?  I love rear mounted turrets on my heavies, but it just seems kind of out of place on a medium.  

I've always been quite fond of the Caern.  It has a lovely little gun and a trollish turret.  I think it's at least a 5.  I also loved my 4502A and Ferdi.  Then again, I played them before tier 10 mediums and when you had to actually use gold to buy premium rounds.  Back then, both of those tanks were trollish with their armor.

Is the 416 really that good?  I love rear mounted turrets on my heavies, but it just seems kind of out of place on a medium.  

Yes.  You won't regret it.

The 416 basically has tier 9 medium firepower. Who cares about armor or even HP when you out-damage your peers almost 2 to 1.

The 416 basically has tier 9 medium firepower. Who cares about armor or even HP when you out-damage your peers almost 2 to 1.

Shooting 7s with a tier 9 medium gun is fun. Ergo shooting 6s is even more fun!

A tier 8 medium being able to reliably pen the turret face of an E-100 or the front of a T95 is balanced, comrade!

Why no love for the centurion mk 1?

It's got really good gun handling and a powerful acceleration

Decent strong reliable turret to peak and abuse terrain with high view range..

I'd honestly run a cent mk 1 than a indien panzer in my honest opinion.

I agree,   the caern was frustrating with its side armour, but i got my highest exp game in that thing.  I also like the rear mounted turrets.

I really want to argue that the JP88 is better than a 3.  But I cannot.  I simply like it more than a 3 deserves.

Those times when you get it hull down, and permatrack kill someone, 100% to 0, are memorable enough to push the 200 damage, circled by a heavy until dead games fade.  

Something about the IS-3 I feel I am supremely qualified to point out is that it has a low skill floor, which makes it better than most of its opponents when played by unskilled players.

For example, look at my stats. I'm a very mediocre player, hanging around 49.6% for pub battles while trending upwards slightly. That's not very good.

Take a look at my IS-3, and it's 2.5 percentage points higher. Compare it to my other tier 8s (which, while I have owned them longer, I still play at an orange level at best) and the IS-3 is a whopping 6 full percentage points over the other tanks.

That combination of decent armor, decent mobility and killer firepower make it effective even in unskilled hands like mine.

Something about the IS-3 I feel I am supremely qualified to point out is that it has a low skill floor, which makes it better than most of its opponents when played by unskilled players.

For example, look at my stats. I'm a very mediocre player, hanging around 49.6% for pub battles while trending upwards slightly. That's not very good.

Take a look at my IS-3, and it's 2.5 percentage points higher. Compare it to my other tier 8s (which, while I have owned them longer, I still play at an orange level at best) and the IS-3 is a whopping 6 full percentage points over the other tanks.

That combination of decent armor, decent mobility and killer firepower make it effective even in unskilled hands like mine.

I thinks you mean high skill floor; a bad player's performance only goes so low in the IS-3.

Do the data bear that out, though? Do weak players actually perform above their norm in the IS-3?

I thinks you mean high skill floor; a bad player's performance only goes so low in the IS-3.

Do the data bear that out, though? Do weak players actually perform above their norm in the IS-3?

Skill floor has conflicting definitions, it's weird, but also irrelevant.

I can try running a challenge of some kind to find out. Perhaps a random survey of stats of IS-3 players in game.