FlakTrack

Solopub win rates

Quoting myself, but: http://www.vbaddict.net/issue/954-Parsing-solo-pub-winrate-from-ADU-uploaded-replay-files

Looks like parsing solopub winrate out of the replay files will be coming to a future update of vBAddict.net.

Correct me if I am missing something but can't players just upload good replays only? So the stats will not be accurate/trusted?

Correct me if I am missing something but can't players just upload good replays only? So the stats will not be accurate/trusted?

This would be a feature of the ADU, it will grab results after each battle is played.

After talking with Xen I wrote a program that combs replay files and calculates your solo and platooned winrates. I realized rather quickly that as soon as you exit a battle, WoT stops writing to that replay file. That means if you leave before the battle is over, the file will not contain the information regarding which team won. We devised an alternative solution: Use the temporary dat files created after each battle to track the stats we need. Since WoT deletes these dat files when closed, the program will be unable to retroactively calculate the winrates. I will write an extension to the current program, it will launch WoT and then monitor the battle results folder for the dat files. Phalanx wrote a utility for converting these dat files into usable JSON that I have incorporated.

If anyone is interested in the current version that works off of the replays, I'll make it available.

Shrug, people could theoretically game the stats on a solopub challenge by not including bad replays too.  But really the point of doing it with VBaddict is to use the ADU so that every battle gets uploaded after it is done.  And it will more likely pull the data from the after battle screen's .dat file than the replay anyways.

If anyone is interested in the current version that works off of the replays, I'll make it available.

If I understand right, it will work off of any replay that contains a full length game, but not off of any where you exited early?

Regardless, I'd like to see it.

Does it support all versions, or recent patches only?

If I understand right, it will work off of any replay that contains a full length game, but not off of any where you exited early?

Regardless, I'd like to see it.

Does it support all versions, or recent patches only?

Yes, once a battle finishes WoT writes a bunch of data to the replay file, included in it is a field stating which team won. If you leave the battle before it finishes and exits normally, WoT will never write that final information regarding who won to the file. So battles that you are in to completion are usually victories.

To my knowledge, it will work with all replays created from the 0.8.2 client onward. The format has been the same since then as far as I'm aware. I haven't seen a pre 0.8.2 replay before, but I would hazard a guess that they would be added to the "incomplete replays" count that the tool tracks since they probably don't have the data it tries to mine.

I can't seem to attach files, so here's a link: http://www.filedropper.com/wotreplayanalysis_1 And here is the source code: http://pastebin.com/gdPgV5xt

First you need to close WoT before running the tool. While running WoT keeps a handle to a blank "temp" replay file, my tool will attempt to access it and since I was too lazy to use a try catch block it will crash if WoT already has a handle to it. Then just drop the program into your replays folder and run it. It will ask for your WoT name, type it in and press enter. The check is case sensitive.

This would be a feature of the ADU, it will grab results after each battle is played.

After talking with Xen I wrote a program that combs replay files and calculates your solo and platooned winrates. I realized rather quickly that as soon as you exit a battle, WoT stops writing to that replay file. That means if you leave before the battle is over, the file will not contain the information regarding which team won. We devised an alternative solution: Use the temporary dat files created after each battle to track the stats we need. Since WoT deletes these dat files when closed, the program will be unable to retroactively calculate the winrates. I will write an extension to the current program, it will launch WoT and then monitor the battle results folder for the dat files. Phalanx wrote a utility for converting these dat files into usable JSON that I have incorporated.

In that case (and correct me if I am wrong) wouldn't you be able to integrate it with xvm and say ok this guy has 30% chance to win and does double the rest of the teams damage and kills but still loses. He gets more for that than if was on a good team and did the same?

That has always been a bug bear for me. I have not had one platoon in the whole time I have been playing, so I would love to see non platoon wr from WG but as that isn't going to happen anytime soon this would be next best thing.

TLDR : give more weight to a win/or even loss if it is against the odds?

Couldnt you have your program save those temp files as we play? Like save them before WOT closes.

Also I want this program pls.

First you need to close WoT before running the tool. While running WoT keeps a handle to a blank "temp" replay file, my tool will attempt to access it and since I was too lazy to use a try catch block it will crash if WoT already has a handle to it. Then just drop the program into your replays folder and run it. It will ask for your WoT name, type it in and press enter. The check is case sensitive.

Interesting.  65.47% solo, 75.57% plat.  About a 67/33 split.  Nearly 2/3 of my replays were incomplete though.  I suspect I have more complete replays when platooned, as I am far more likely to stay and watch if one of us is alive.

I'll run it in my replays archive folder, see how it handles older replays.

Seems to be churning out "Wrong name" errors while chewing through my archive.

Yep.  8800 replays in the archive, none could be handled by the program.  Oh well.  Appreciate the effort.  Wish WG had done this 3 years ago.

I've got a 68% solo, 78% plat over 1800 replays (2.2k incomplete). Of course, there's a huge bias towards wins because of the way replays are handled. Still interesting, though!

Was checking my dossier summary on VBAddict just now. They've changed the main summary page, and on the winrates tab, it now shows your solopub and platoon winrates for all matches you've had uploaded to VBA.

I've had every single game played since November 23, 2013 uploaded. According to the Wotlabs time machine (http://wotlabs.net/na/player/canadiantrex/1385164800) I've played 4,911 battles since then.

I'm at 69% platooned and 69.2% solopub.

Unfortunately, I cannot find any battle count of solo vs. platooned on vbaddict. However, I solo about a dozen matches a week...and over 8 months that's 32 or so weeks...

Honestly, I had no clue I was winning that much solo.

What's the numbers for the rest of you folks that use dossier uploader?

Unfortunately, its slanted towards wins in solopub.  In platoons if you die, you sit there as your platoon goes on and are likely to get the replay regardless.  Solo if you die, you exit, meaning broken replay = not recorded = losses are less likely to be recorded.

69,2% solo and 75,8% platooned, but it also says i have 2485 WN8 so i'm a little sceptical about VBaddict.

69,2% solo and 75,8% platooned, but it also says i have 2485 WN8 so i'm a little sceptical about VBaddict.

That's about right for your overall WN8, jostie. VBA is a version or two behind on the expected stats lookup table.

Someone needs to teach me how to win more. I can only win 63% solo but 75%+ when platooned. I think it's because I rely on pubs to do smart things. rip me

I'm pretty much at the point where I don't want to solopub any more. It's just bad for your sanity.

I've been at that point for a while. That's why I was shocked when I saw my solopub winrate.

Scariest thing is I mostly solopub in my light tanks or my FCM Fitty-Ton.  o_o

Here's mine:

kSgyiMH.png

I'm the one that suggested that Phalynx add this to VBaddict.  I'll follow up with him to see if it is based upon replays or after battle .dat file.  If it's replays then it may be skewed by rage quits out of games.  If it's the .dat file it's pretty accurate for games uploaded with the ADU.  If you don't use ADU (and hopefully the BRR mod that ensures you get every after battle result) then this page will be utterly worthless.

You can track the status of this request on the vbaddict forums.

Solo: 55.4% Platoon: 62.7% I don't solo pub anymore because I just can't do it. Platooning is more fun for me because there is someone with you to watch your back and vice versa.