68 members have voted

1. 1. Best t9 Heavy?

So I decided to give it a roll:

Yv093VX.jpg

Fv7qlTk.jpg

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/2RahQ5eVQS/

Comments:

So the VK4502 is a simple tank.  Its slow, the size of a house, lowish DPM...but hits hard and has huge slabs of raw steel all over it.  While its reasonably capable long range, its obvious this tank has one trick and one trick only -- it brawls, it sidescrapes, and it either wins tank alley or it goes home a smoking wreck.  Its a great blue tank -- you don't really need to concern yourself with tactics or cap, just pick a spot with a lot of tanks and brawl it out until you are the last one standing. 

So the question is if its worth it?  Well, my initial play certainly suggests it can brawl.  I can murderbot tier 8s and even withstand gold spamming tier 9/10s to a degree.  Meanwhile, the hard hitting, reasonably accurate, reasonably good penetrating 490 alpha can slice chunks out of your opponents.  The tank reminds me the most of the E3 -- extreme frontal hardness (but a few well known weakpoints) combined with very sluggish speed and difficulty going around corners.  Like the E3, it can overpower a lot of tanks...yet still lose a game if your pubs are bad enough.

TL;DR -- Its a lot better than it was, and will likely overperform in the hands of average/good players.  But its still got major flaws and limitations, and I believe its still inferior to the E-75 or STI.

I sucked in the E-75 due to it being my first line, and artillery. Even as a blood red, arty would make rage as my German heavy was savaged. The VK always seemed a step down, but now I find myself wanting a maus. I guess watching your replays will help decide if I want to go through this potential horror of a grind or not.

Any reason to run the VK over the E75 ? I can't find any. The small armor bonus you have isn't going to balance the lack of mobility and firepower IMO

n8Ya0i6.png

The armor bonus is pretty gigantic, not small. 215mm LFP vs 300mm is a big deal. Also you're looking at a stock VK vs elite E-75, idk why you posted that.

If I'm gonna grind a line to get a pointless tier ten/not get the 10 at all, I'd grind the American Med line. Oh wait I've already done that 8) .

I'd only ever grind that line if it was my last line to grind in the game (aside from arty, fuck arty). I just can't see me EVER enjoying the VK, let alone the Maus.

Only 1700 blocked? Try 3000 + crits.

Yeah. I'm not sure about my damaged blocked, but looking at my post-buff 9.2 replays I'm sitting at 5k potential received per game. That's pretty beastly, about what you'd expect from something like a Maus.

Correct if Im wrong, but is there a possibility of switching out vert stabs for something else due to the fact that the tank is so slow that it might as well be partly aimed anyways?

Yeah. I'm not sure about my damaged blocked, but looking at my post-buff 9.2 replays I'm sitting at 5k potential received per game. That's pretty beastly, about what you'd expect from something like a Maus.

Isnt it also vastly more OP at its tier than the Maus at 10?

I imagine a game on Ensk when you are 1 of 2 T9s and laugh. Lol IS6`s+T34`s cant even pen you from the front right? I mean aside from turret. Also the Failowe is my favorite shape as you can sidescrape so deeply but itsa front is flat and it still bounces now I imagine a way better front and its scary. Even at autobounce since the turret is so far back you have shots.

Also it has APCR and the gun is great for T9.

Rexxie isnt the shape of the turret still better when slightly angled away like a mini version of the E100 making the corener point towards the enemy and lessening the flat parts?

Also where can I watch your vk replays?

Isnt it also vastly more OP at its tier than the Maus at 10?

I imagine a game on Ensk when you are 1 of 2 T9s and laugh. Lol IS6`s+T34`s cant even pen you from the front right? I mean aside from turret. Also the Failowe is my favorite shape as you can sidescrape so deeply but itsa front is flat and it still bounces now I imagine a way better front and its scary. Even at autobounce since the turret is so far back you have shots.

Also it has APCR and the gun is great for T9.

Rexxie isnt the shape of the turret still better when slightly angled away like a mini version of the E100 making the corener point towards the enemy and lessening the flat parts?

Also where can I watch your vk replays?

Yes it is, no the turret is best straight on, and I havent uploaded any yet, but they will be on wotreplays.org.

Correct if Im wrong, but is there a possibility of switching out vert stabs for something else due to the fact that the tank is so slow that it might as well be partly aimed anyways?

Vert is too massive of a bonus to not use, imo.

I do use a superheavy spall liner in place of vents or optics. It is worth it considering how much HE spam you end up running into. Vstab is still needed as you have a 2.9s aim time, which is pretty bad compared to a lot of the tanks you run into. If you had 2.3 or even 2.5 I would drop it, but 2.9 needs some sort of compensation.

I got to watch Max play his a few days ago (while I worked my way down to the lower reaches of the WNMAX scale unfortunately).  There were battles where he pretty much charged straight into 6 opponents and won.  His damage blocked was always high and his damage output also.  Prok was about the only map he wasn't able to dominate a flank on.

It wouldn't be so bad on prok if the TDs sitting in the corner would move up enough to be in draw range of the enemies I spot. Sadly, they often refuse to do so, even though you have BETTER cover and camo farther ahead due to the terrain texture.

It wouldn't be so bad on prok if the TDs sitting in the corner would move up enough to be in draw range of the enemies I spot. Sadly, they often refuse to do so, even though you have BETTER cover and camo farther ahead due to the terrain texture.

I've been typing that out carefully and slowly for a year, and I doubt more than 2-3 people have learned..that forest safety. Its like Murovanka. Its where baddied get to return to the tanking womb and feel safe. Or something. 

Pushing out of that corner on Prok...  Such a feat of pub whispering has not been seen since the "At 13:30 all push across field" days of beta Malilnovka.  

VS tier 8 / idiots in tier 9, its unkillable, totally unkillable (dont have acces to screenshots here)

i just run into Arcti region noob alley, me vs 4 tier 8, they shot me non-stop and i killed them all, one by one, zeor dmg taken

Prokhorovka, i ``rushed`` trough the woods, i took like 30 hits, 0 hp lost (Jt-88 and some other spam td shooting over and over)

its totally insane

yet at the same time, tier 10 tds or high pen gold just wipe the floor with you, its still only Maus UFP, and MAUS UFP is a joke, Bl-10 can penetrate that head on...