What's your platooning playstyle?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What's your platooning playstyle?

• Platoon for wins.
    • Platoon for stats.
    • Platoon for fun.

Banish to a platooning etiquette thread and categorized platoonmates into three categories. Here's the relevant quote:

First things first, from my experience there are three different types of platoon mates:

The Play4Win:

These people care about winning, and will usually leave the platoon if you have two or more losses in a row.

The Play4Stats:

These people care about how well they are doing, and will usually leave the platoon if they are doing badly.

The Play4Fun:

These people care about having fun, which usually is a mixture of playing well and laughing a lot in the platoon.

To put my own spin on it (and possibly to make it a less lopsided poll), I'd describe the categories as follows:

• Platoon for wins: You prefer playing in a platoon with an ideal team composition and a sound strategy because you're in it to win it.
  • Platoon for stats: Platoon composition matters less to you than does your individual contribution to each game.
  • Platoon for fun: Platoon composition and winning take a back burner to having a good time with your platoon mates. You'll sometimes bring along ridiculous tank setups for the laughs.

What category do you most fall in?

Fourth category missing: Platoon for not having to bear all the idiotic pubness all alone.

Fun, winning and stats are just side products.

Solopubbing is just so frustrating...

Much as I hate to admit it, I'm probably closer to a platoon-for-stats-er. I always want to play better today than yesterday, regardless of whether or not our platoon carried or had a derpy good time doing it.

I intentionally made this poll single choice only because it's probably safe to assume that most people want all three.

I think my solo play has the greatest stat/win focus.

It's an odd dichotomy, but I feel that I expect to win in platoons, but don't consciously play for wins.  I don't obsess over tank selection, and am willing to play with a sub-par tank or player, so long as they can do reasonably well.  

That being said, losing in a platoon tends to be extremely frustrating.  I have very high expectations of my platoon mates, and get quite upset when they do not live up to those expectations.  As a result, there are very few people (4, exactly) who I will always accept platoon invites from.  I truly do enjoy the solo game, and generally prefer a ~60% wr solo session to a ~75% win platoon.  

So, it seems I find platoons less fun, and I generally have worst stats in platoons.  I suppose that puts me in the platoon to win category, even if winning is not my primary intention when accepting an invite.  I think I want them to be fun, but outside of a select few players, that fun doesn't really materialize.

I mostly platoon for fun. Sure, I might get carried by my platoon mates and I might also carry them. WR sure is higher than usual, but for me platooning is the reason why I started WoT: I spent time with my IRL friends. Now, most of them have stopped playing except for one of them (he even started a YouTube channel, so he has a certain need to stay in touch with WoT). This also reflects my current play style: I solo more when I play and I play generally speaking less than I did in the past. However my play itself improved since I spent more time thinking about my play.
On that note I will try random stuff when tooning for teh lulz: Sometimes that means the dreaded TOG-toon, sometimes we DERP in K-2s. The KV-220 is a nice fail proof way to have a few fun games. We also had a phase where all of us ground low tier arty together just for the sake of laughing at our inevitable demise due to T2-5 teams marvelous competence...
I make sure to never fail platoon though. Screw the guys who do this.

Platoon for wins. If we can't win more than me playing solo, I'm really not too interested in platoons. Luckily, I have several great people to play with.

I should platoon more :/ I spend alot of time with music up running solo

I should platoon more :/ I spend alot of time with music up running solo

This is me about is me about 99% of my total games are solo. If i would platoon more i'm sure that my stats would get better. But i have been platooning more ever since i joined BIMBO. So with that being said Carbonated your are now one of  my Non-Official Official platooning buddies. 

why cant i pick all 3?

That was intentional! Just click "platoon for stats" and be done with it. ;​)

Good game on Malinovka last night, though. Pretty neat to see how you get that ridiculous damage in person.

This is me about is me about 99% of my total games are solo. If i would platoon more i'm sure that my stats would get better. But i have been platooning more ever since i joined BIMBO. So with that being said Carbonated your are now one of  my Non-Official Official platooning buddies. 

Oh yeah, there's a ton of great people to play with on our TS. Glad to have you in the fam and would definitely platoon with you again! Maybe next time without the random dude in our channel talking like he's in our game, though...

Good game on Malinovka last night, though. Pretty neat to see how you get that ridiculous damage in person.

Oh yeah, there's a ton of great people to play with on our TS. Glad to have you in the fam and would definitely platoon with you again! Maybe next time without the random dude in our channel talking like he's in our game, though...

...what TS? o3o

...what TS? o3o

So glad you asked! It's at limbo.teamspeak3.com.

We love to see folks there, even if they're not in the JKLB. We've got it set up by tier and server, which makes it ridiculously easy to find a platoon mate for whatever tank you're running at the moment.

</shill>

that game is decent, was 4.4K dmg with 6 kills i think, didnt feel i did that much, surprised all the mediums on your team just camped or went south, only a 430 went hill.. i wouldnt call it ridiculous damage until i hit something like 7-8K damage..if that BC and Leo got up there at the beginning, things could be alot different, welp..

I'm at the point with this game that if I play it, I play for fun. I hadn't played for a few days because I wasn't interested until some people in TS were asking for platoons so I logged in last night. Didn't get the spot but ended up platooning with a longtime friend. We won all 4 games but my WN8 was terrible. That said, I played scouts and was averaging over 2.5k spotting. My friend also in a scout, was more concerned with dealing damage and told me for the night he was around 10k WN8.

Platooning with  friends or people in TS is one of the few things that makes me login as the game doesn't have the same draw it once did.  

that game is decent, was 4.4K dmg with 6 kills i think, didnt feel i did that much, surprised all the mediums on your team just camped or went south, only a 430 went hill.. i wouldnt call it ridiculous damage until i hit something like 7-8K damage..if that BC and Leo got up there at the beginning, things could be alot different, welp..

I was actually on your team in the Cent 7/1. You gunned straight for the building on the hill and I flanked in the brawly area on the hill, then RTB'd along the plateau after we rekt the folks on the hill while you circled around the rush road. Got a shit ton of spotting damage in and it was one of my better games for the night. Poor PeanutFly on the other team, though...

I platoon for win because I can't solo pub anymore and I hate losing. Sometimes I platoon for stats because I don't want look like a baddie anymore. My overall and recent W/R has been increasing dramatically because I've been platooning a whole lot more than I have before. But sometimes it is hard for me to find platoon mates. I grind tiers that no one hardly plays. So when I can't find any platoon mates I just leave the game.

I have fun and accumulate good WN8 and ~60% WR solo... Which I've done too much of over the summer.

I platoon for the wins and the fun. I've recently started doing daily platooning event within LIMBO and its siblings.

Today is Win-Rate Wednesday!