What's your platooning playstyle?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What's your platooning playstyle?

• Platoon for wins.
    • Platoon for stats.
    • Platoon for fun.

I'm at the point with this game that if I play it, I play for fun. I hadn't played for a few days because I wasn't interested until some people in TS were asking for platoons so I logged in last night. Didn't get the spot but ended up platooning with a longtime friend. We won all 4 games but my WN8 was terrible. That said, I played scouts and was averaging over 2.5k spotting. My friend also in a scout, was more concerned with dealing damage and told me for the night he was around 10k WN8.

Platooning with  friends or people in TS is one of the few things that makes me login as the game doesn't have the same draw it once did.

I'd have quit wot if it weren't wotlabs.

Makes the game worth playing.

I was actually on your team in the Cent 7/1. You gunned straight for the building on the hill and I flanked in the brawly area on the hill, then RTB'd along the plateau after we rekt the folks on the hill while you circled around the rush road. Got a shit ton of spotting damage in and it was one of my better games for the night. Poor PeanutFly on the other team, though...

Heheh, rip Peanut.

I voted play for fun, because its closest. I play for the win, but I won't just up and quit straight away if we lose a couple. I only tend to quit if I start tilting. I'm almost always platooning with IRL friends. We will try and pick complimentary tanks, but if we have a double or a grind in a piece of shit we want to do, we just harden the fuck up and get it done.

Ultimately stats for me are just a way to measure my own performance and improvement thereof. Changing the way I play the game in order to artificially inflate my stats makes no sense from that perspective - it would be apples to oranges. I tend to flit from tank to tank fairly whimsically during most of my play sessions.

I platoon to play with good people who are enjoyable to tank with, while also making more bearable the swarms of pubbies out there. So the best encapsulation of that is fun for me, mind you, I like to play well and win, and good stats is a bi-product of that.

So, I platoon to play for fun with people who are also decent or better at tanks because winning is also fun.

I only platoon with my real life friends so it is just for fun. However both of them are baddies with <900 WN8 so it was actually win rate suicide to me.

a modified play for win and play for fun. 

i platoon to get through my dailies faster on my tanks that need exp so that we have time to play tanks we enjoy without feeling guilty about lack of tank progress.

Play to win.

If I am soloing I pad cause I can. In platoons I want to win. Since I came back I've been platooning a lot and winning a lot. I'm ok with this.

I always (try to) play for the win. However, I can never seem to maintain my performance while tooning. Not sure exactly why, but because of it, I essentially never platoon.

I platoon for fun. Winning is fun. Doing things that get you good stats often helps you win.

Therefore I platoon for stats to help me win fun-ly?

Also, where's the option for training/improvement?

Edit: Heck yeah - Sweet Caroline! (I don't really know why I feel the need to comment about my forum title every time it upgrades, but I just gotta!)

Edited by Istanbultaye

I'm not sure what I platoon for because I lose more, play poorly, and have less fun than solo. I'm not really sure why that is.

The only person who I play consistently well with has a small garage because he has a standard account, so my choices are small. (especially since he mostly plays light tanks)

I suppose maybe I just need to ask around on TS for different players that I can platoon with.

Wins or bust.

Nothing gets the blood pumping for me than a well-carried, or clutched game. The exhilaration, the feeling of utter success and dominance over your pubbies who decided they would do everything in their power to deny you that win. Ah it makes you feel great.

I can farm purple wn8 by myself, but getting the WR to match? You need reliable backup, with comms. I find platooning pointless if people don't chat, or plan during countdown.

Good wn8 comes from winning anyway, it just means you will get the occasional victory with low damage. Worthy trade imo.

I platoon to win, but I won't do so at the expense of all semblance of fun.  I like to have good platoon tank compositions most of the time, as in I'm not a fan of running 3 Tier 10 TDs or 2 arty with a JPE or something like that.  I generally try to make sure platoon has something flexible, something with good DPM, and something able to take a hit at the very least.  But then sometimes you just wanna have a giggle and run a 3 person e25 platoon too.  

Just a couple nights ago I was training up a crew for the RU251 in my T15.  Tier 3 is absolutely awful.  You either get 1k damage and 6 kills and win or 200 damage and 1 kill because your team collapsed completely in 30 seconds.  You can't plan anything or anticipate where any player is going.  It was an awful solo experience.  So I asked in the muster channel if anyone wanted to run some Tier 3s, mostly as a joke.  2 people joined up in their Pz1cs while I ran the T15 and we had a nice giggle as our rounds bounced off most everything.  Won 90%, wrecked our wn8.  Still, it was fun.

On the other hand if a platoon is so serious that someone gets upset and rages because we lost 1 game in a series because the last person alive made 1 mistake (forgetting the fact that we had already lost the game 5 minutes earlier with bad positioning, dumb pubs, and poor tank comp for the map) then that platoon is no longer fun and the desire to win has stopped becoming fun.  I'll generally find something else to do in that case.

Generally I platoon4fun, and as long as I know that I'm playing to the best of my ability and my plat m8 isnt a total potato I really dont care about wins/losses. Like I'll go full on fck arty mode at times, but mostly it's just chill stuff. If i like the people im having fun.