Shaggz

Jpanther2

Im having a hard time with this tank, bought it and maxed it out with free exp. how do i make it work consistently. some games i bounce shells like crazy and do great, other games i get 1 shot by a 183 or dunked by a fast mover. any tips or tricks? right now im using vents,GLD, rammer. 1 perk crew

Find rock, cover hull with rock, shoot things. Laugh maniacally as everything bounces.

On a serious note tho, try to be a bit more passive in tier 10,if you're getting shot at by 183's you're probably doing it wrong. In tier 8 you bounce anything not firing premium and then some guns will bounce firing APCR/HEAT.

Also is that crew 100% on first skill? Because not having sixth sense will hurt.

no sixth sense yet, didnt want to steal my wt crew

hull down until everyone is stuck in, then use that mobility and start breaking fights up by stabbing the enemies in the sides and back while they're busy fighting your teammates.

the first part is about map knowledge; learning the OP places to go. You are tall, and need to cover your entire hull, but also don't have tons of depression. seriously limits places. If you can't hull down, then kite view range.

the second part is about being able to analyze the map and find a small place where you can make the difference. Facilitate a breakthrough, more will follow. Second part is hard to do in games that aren't close - but >half of the games that aren't close are won already, so it's not as bad as it seems.

You are not a like your big daddy the Jagdtiger which can take absurd amount of damage when hulldown, no. You're more like an...SU100M1/Su101....just better

Not like there was any contest on which tank is better...

.1382483175617.gif

Im having a hard time with this tank, bought it and maxed it out with free exp. how do i make it work consistently. some games i bounce shells like crazy and do great, other games i get 1 shot by a 183 or dunked by a fast mover. any tips or tricks? right now im using vents,GLD, rammer. 1 perk crew

I would replace the vents with either Optics or Binocs.

I run Binocs/rammer/Camo net on most of my TDs to good effect.

I got a camo paint job as well

Its camo is actually worse than the JgTiger, but any camo is better than 0 camo

ya i got paint on it, figured with no turret net/binocs would break when aiming

if you ever are bored and want to show me the ropes im on most nights :)

you have to use the mobility and super structure to avoid damage because of  the crap camo but when you get into a position to use that amazing 128 you'll rip things up

I've been playing the Rhoomba more than the JgPzII lately, but I keep it because it's still a good tank and viable.

Faster better armor same gun vs same gun turret better camo.

With the meta shift to brawling it may be a better choice on several maps.

You are not a like your big daddy the Jagdtiger which can take absurd amount of damage when hulldown, 

I disagree, the JPII has an incredibly strong superstructure that reliably bounces everything short of guns with 270mm+ penetration, for example driving to the middle of tank alley on Himmelsdorf is a viable tactic in the JPII.

@OP, to do consistently well in the JPII you have to have good map knowledge and positioning to limit exposure (mainly be finding good places to go hull down). It has quite poor camo but enough to be "OK" when behind a bush or to out spot heavies. 

If you upload some replays I'll watch them and point out your mistakes.

Not having 6th sense is what's not working for you. Ideally you want 6th sense and camo skill on your JP2. 

I use rammer/ GLD/ Optics on my JP2, and play it more like a medium tank. 

the JPII has an incredibly strong superstructure that reliably bounces everything short of guns with 270mm+ penetration

Sorry but i have to disargee, this is not the whole truth. While the super-structure itself is "bounce-city" the gunmantlet is an easy autopen for almost every tank the JPII will meet. The armour values go down to 120.

No, not really. There's two things about that - first off, nobody aims for mantlets - especially not these kinds of mantlets. Shots that usually hit mantlets are aimed at the armor around the mantlet, which means the center of mantlets rarely take hits, while the edges too tend to take a lot of shells. The edges of the JP2's mantlet are incredible.Secondly, saying it's "easy autopen" is kind of silly considering how small of an area the weak armor encompasses, how agile the tank is, and how short of a time it needs to aim. It's just not viable.

Yea, just like the E-50/Tiger/other "cone" mantlet tanks, there are some really weird places you can get penned, but that just comes down to luck, those aren't places people actually aim for nor does it mean the majority of the area still isnt stupid thick.

You will get penned in the gunmantlet, IS3 and Tiger II which you will meet very often will pen your mantlet. Whether they aimed for it or not, the gunmantlet on the JP2 is not reliable at all. I have no idea if and what WG have done to it but since few patches ago this has become an issue, at least this is what i've noticed lately.

Sure, the mantlet itself isn't reliable but it's far from autopen and the fact is, people simply don't shoot at it. It's rare if the mantlet is penned at all, rarer still that it is penned multiple times in any given game. 

I have no idea if and what WG have done to it but since few patches ago this has become an issue, at least this is what i've noticed lately.

Please don't post stuff like that on wotlabs, that's official forum quality.