Dabba

Suggestions for another ftp mmo game?

I need a break from tanks so I'd like to play something else. I like the older style mmos that are more sandbox than themeparked. I tried eve online because of the sandbox element plus space but seemed very complex and hard to get into. I've played star trek online and tried lotro but quit because I didn't find many people and it seemed to themeparked.

I really appreciate grouping and amazing environments with pve. Any games I could try that gets you right into the action with people with no long boring newbiezone?

I may go back to the star wars galaxies emulator but the game isn't done yet so.

iil probably get negged for this but whatever.

i recently got into league of legends and it has since taken over my computing time with me almost never playing tanks anymore, its a game that i find really enjoyable with a massive playerbase.

You'll either love it or hate it. im loving it so far

War Thunder?

if you don't want tanks, the planes are still fun.

WT and WoT are literally the only f2p MMO games I play atm, so I can't help you otherwise.

oh, actually, Planetside 2 maybe? or Warframe, I think they are both f2p

I thought about World pf Warplanes, but am looking forward with mucho anticipation to Worls of Warships

Are there any newer mmorpgs that aren't purely profit driven? The amount of P2W in every one I've tried drives me away but I enjoy the style a lot.

Are there any newer mmorpgs that aren't purely profit driven? The amount of P2W in every one I've tried drives me away but I enjoy the style a lot.

Nope.  This is a terrible chapter in game development where "most" games aren't actually innovating anything and just making copycats and raking in cash as fast as they can before abandoning the game and making another cash-cow copycat.

Nope.  This is a terrible chapter in game development where "most" games aren't actually innovating anything and just making copycats and raking in cash as fast as they can before abandoning the game and making another cash-cow copycat.

I'd say that's harsh. Sure, you see that kind of stuff from CoD and some of the big (crappy) franchises, but I would argue that game development is more innovative now, given the scale of indie game development, especially as promoted by kickstarter. 

On topic, I'd toss out SWTOR. It might be a little "themepark", and not exactly what you are looking for, but it has a pretty large pve/grouping side (plus pvp, as well). Imo, it's worth playing for the character stories alone. It isn't pay2win, but the game does make things a little more difficult (logistics wise, like inventory management, travel options) if you don't subscribe, but it isn't game breaking.

I'd say that's harsh. Sure, you see that kind of stuff from CoD and some of the big (crappy) franchises, but I would argue that game development is more innovative now, given the scale of indie game development, especially as promoted by kickstarter. 

On topic, I'd toss out SWTOR. It might be a little "themepark", and not exactly what you are looking for, but it has a pretty large pve/grouping side (plus pvp, as well). Imo, it's worth playing for the character stories alone. It isn't pay2win, but the game does make things a little more difficult (logistics wise, like inventory management, travel options) if you don't subscribe, but it isn't game breaking.

I'd recommend SWTOR as well, I've played it for two years and haven't subbed, the story is great, the pve is great - the pvp is rough around the edges though.  The overall game has a bad rep in the mmo world due to the bugs when it first came out, but they've moved beyond that now.  Just make sure you get on a populated server.

I heard of rift. I'll check out those lists. In my mind the mmo genre has been dead since WoW came out. Most feel like single player games that you bump into other people in instead of actively encouraging grouping and being social

See if you can get a key for this weekend's ArcheAge beta test. I got no idea if it will be good or not, but why not try it out?

Maybe try out Lord of the Rings Online? I was deep in that game for a while. It's F2P till around level 25ish. But, you can farm turbine points and buy unlocks for the regions. I have almost everything unlocked in that game and my total costs over the past 3-4 years is under $100 (from buying the newest expansions).

Planetside 2, first person shooter with a persistent world. You will want to play either the New Conglomerate or Terran Republic sides. Stay away from the purple guys in spandex.

Rift, a typical fantasy MMORPG but a nice change of pace,

Warframe isn't too bad, but it's nothing amazing. I'd definitely recommend trying it out just to see if you like it.

Warframe has it's moments but the grind, oh dog the grind. Every few months DE comes with a new way to suck time out of their players for minimal returns.

I've tried planetside 2. It was fun but it didnt run too well on my system, I think, like this game, it wasnt too optimized for mutlicore. I have battlefield 4 so If i want a shooting game I'd probably do that. I was looking more into space/fantasy.

Man. I feel like there are a ton of options but none appeal to me. Maybe I'm just getting olde.

I've tried planetside 2. It was fun but it didnt run too well on my system, I think, like this game, it wasnt too optimized for mutlicore. I have battlefield 4 so If i want a shooting game I'd probably do that. I was looking more into space/fantasy.

Man. I feel like there are a ton of options but none appeal to me. Maybe I'm just getting olde.

Yea... I know what you're feeling. There are many half decent options out there. I get stuck in a decision loop on which games to play. So, when I finally do my time is up!

=D

Elsword if you want some sidescrolly action combo beatemup game

Planetside 2 (not at release, way too unoptimized) but it seems to run great now on my old system.

Everquest 1 cause why not! Get in that motherfuckin time machine baby.

TERA cause boobies and big weapons and fun combat.

Wish Wildstar were free. Seems like a fun month-long diversion.

I just derped around on STO, good time waster but nothing like tanks can be. 

As far as MMOs go, I pretty much agree with this guy:

Elsword if you want some sidescrolly action combo beatemup game

Planetside 2 (not at release, way too unoptimized) but it seems to run great now on my old system.

Everquest 1 cause why not! Get in that motherfuckin time machine baby.

TERA cause boobies and big weapons and fun combat.

Wish Wildstar were free. Seems like a fun month-long diversion.

Wildstar was one of the single worst weeks of my life.  I had to watch paint dry for days afterward so my eyes could recover.

Wildstar was one of the single worst weeks of my life.  I had to watch paint dry for days afterward so my eyes could recover.

Was it worse than Age of Conan launch?