Dabba

Suggestions for another ftp mmo game?

Was it worse than Age of Conan launch?

Dunno, never played that.  It's just so bright, colourful, all the spells and casts are these eye shattering explosions...gaaa

Oh, so it's an issue you have with the art :P

I take it back, don't play PS2.

Play something less zergy and buggy.

Play PS2 if you've got a good outfit. Otherwise it's as above.

Overall I'm in the same situation. If I wanted to play WoW I'd play WoW (I don't). The millions of clones are le boring. Anything actually innovative seems to have died due to mismanagement (see pirates of the burning pee) or just vanished.

rip Dark Millenium, the last mmo I genuinely anticipated. Gotta wait on the new Camelot now I guess.

rip Dark Millenium, the last mmo I genuinely anticipated. Gotta wait on the new Camelot now I guess.

I was so upset when that got cancelled. An IP that rich deserves a good MMO. I guess someone, somewhere, will get it someday but it won't be soon.

I was so upset when that got cancelled. An IP that rich deserves a good MMO. I guess someone, somewhere, will get it someday but it won't be soon.

Yea. 40k/Fantasy seems to be the most mishandled IP ever that really needs another hit out of it. I hear GW is notorious for meddling though, so I think that may be part of the problem. A 40k mmo could have so much potential. Joe Mad is my favorite comic artist so I was extra stoked about that project, but from what I understand the whole thing was horribly managed from early on in large part due to the personality of one of the studio heads.

I've been disappointed in one way or another by every mmo that has come out since swg. Star Trek online was promised with amazing "screenshots" of the interiors of ships. Now it's just some shitty "could likely be something else" game if it had different models. Generic space mmo yeah... LOTRO came out and i was drooling, played it. Felt like any other new mmo with just lotr skins and maps. There was nothing unique about them.

TESO was the last game to crush my dreams. An mmo?! From TES?! A series known for it's amazing sandboxed worlds and gameplay?! I CANT FUCKING WAIT.

Get into the beta, play it. Lose all faith in anything marketed as an MMO.

I'm highly considering EVE for the sandbox and space element, but it just seems so hard to get into

EVE does demand a certain amount of time per week if you want to play seriously. I did in the yesteryear of EVE and it was like a second job.

Maybe pick up some Single player games that you missed or want to run again.

I was playing ArcheAge a bunch last night. It definitely starts you off with a themepark until you select you 3 paths and get your final "class". I somehow ended up as an Abolisher. The game so far would make a great single player. So, most likely not what you want. I have no idea how the end game and PVP works. IT does have something with player owned/built ships and combat at sea.

God damn it. Thinking about these games I used to enjoy and was looking forward to has put me in a gaming slump. Not feeling tanks or any of the other stuff I'd been missing with.

Now I have nothing to play, lol.

I'm generally mistrustful of Asian MMOs. The studios seem to be infinitely bad at redesigning tem for western markets. Grindfests aren't fun.

Put some time into a Wildstar trial over the weekend.

Was sort of fun but the problem was that it didn't do any one thing better than the games it borrows from. If I want that kind of combat, done better, I'll go play TERA. If I want linear quest hubbing action, I'll play TERA or WoW. If I want dumb humor, I'll play WoW. I don't think I'd play it even if it were free.

Guess I'll dip back into TERA and see what's up. I leveled 4 or 5 chars to cap and decently geared 2 of them before I quit after the initial release. Had some seriously good times in that game dicking with BAMs and high end content with my RL friends.

I am so tired of world of tanks. Can you recommend something else, pls ? What do you think about mmorpgs, like Archeage or Skyforge, for example ? One of my friends has recommended me to try some free mmorpgs from yourmoneygeek.com. However, I don't know anything about these games, and I don't want to waste my time on bad games. Can you please share some feedback ? I would really appreciate that