cpraf104

Churchill VII - oh god why

Opinions  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about this piece of crap (my opinion is obvious)?

• It's bad.
    • It's meh.
    • It's good.
  2. 2. How did you get through this tank?

• Free xp
    • Platoon grinding
    • Solo grinding
    • Rage sold, never finished

I may not be the world's greatest player, but I do want to improve, I do want to have good games, and so on.

And I'm intelligent enough to know when things are just pointlessly retarded.

This tank is one of said things. 

I can deal with bad mobility. The 77mm gun is fine IMO on this tank, or rather, for a tier 6 heavy.

But the armor is garbage, and having no mobility plus no armor is just fucking retarded. Enough said. I'm not even going to waste time ranting about this.

I'm about to just leave this in my garage and just brute force my way through this tank, playing one game at a time in a platoon. You know what I mean.. Just play games mindlessly, not caring for the results, just pressing battle repeatedly. 

No matter how I try to work with it...it's just bad. Even when top tier you can't rely on your armor because of all them Hellcats/Cromwells/Nashorns/any other tank with high pen/good mobility/good camo. And of course when you're not top tier... I'll just leave it at that. The bad mobility just adds salt to the wound. 

So tell me oh players of WoTLabs. Just how?

I did one daily after another until it was over and done with... then after 2 games prompty garaged the Black Prince and only bring that eldrich abomination out for x3/x5s, unless they announce FV215b is going to be a free Tier 8 premium like the 4202 will be.

If you think the 7 was bad, the BP is almost worse, since you are bottom tier more often (8s these days are pulled up to tier 10 matches a lot more, which Church 7 players should be thankful for)

I do not remember a single match played in the Church 1 or 7, it was that bad. My brain deleted them from memory.

The churchill 7 wins the award for crappiest tier 6 heavy, especially considering other tier 6 heavies are really good. The churchill 7 is thus one of 2 tanks I have rage sold and not finished the grind (the other being the pz38 nA). The gun is simply pathetic. The armor is already meh and cannot hold up to gold spam.

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but playing the churchill 7 will not help your play or teach you anything besides how to rage but not quite break a keyboard. Free exp to the BP if you don't mind the cost. The BP improves the design just enough to be bearable in t7, so long as you master the art of dancing when people try to hit your frontal weakspots. 

Ultimately, if you're looking to improve, the british heavy grind is not an ideal line to do it on. The Russian mediums and heavies, as well as the American heavies and autoloaders arguably are some of the better lines for improving gameplay, and end in decent t10s. I would advise you to hold off the brit heavies for now.

Hey i enjoyed the Black prince but of course when i got into T9 games i was willing to smash my head into a wall.

can't really remember the grind for the churchill VII but i dont think it was a pleasant, all i can say is either grit your teeth an bear with it or free EXP, so far the only tank i free exp so far is the Lee i just couldnt enjoy it. but back to orginally target i got to agree with biguglyD the british heavy probably wont do well with your stats. while they have the rate of fire the problem is you need to pen an need the enemy to just sit infront of your gun for that to happen while you have soviet tanks just derping your face for an average of 390 which is about half your health.

British tanks are crap

Centurion 7/1 and FV215(b) 120mm says "hi"

If you count the low and mid tiers:

-Comet (with gold when bottom tier)

-Cromwell

-Matilda

-Cruiser IV

-Cruiser II (haha tier 3 KV-2)

All the above tanks are above average to excellent for their tier. Need I say more?

The Churchill VII is actually very good, but there IS a very particular approach you have to use. For starters you need vents, coated optics, and rammer to make it shine. Then when you engage another heavy I'm kidding it's terrible.

Actually made me laugh when I got to the "I'm kidding it's terrible" part. Excellent little bit of trolling there, I honestly thought that I was about to hear a "unicum secret"  :thumbup:

Not to mention British heavies all suffer from the design flaw of having hull behind tracks.

I can penetrate any Churchill series tank from the front by shooting the weak armor behind the tracks, allowing me to track you and deal damage without having to shoot your side.

I have slaughtered these in my T1HT, Wolverine, and Crusader. The entire Churchill line is crap. I stopped after the Churchill I. Even if you play well and hammer your flank 75% of the time the other flank collapses and you lose via cap anyway. Thanks but no thanks.

I just bought this. I am all the way up the medium line so the whole heavy line is already almost completely unlocked module wise.

I can handle the speed

I can handle the plinky gun

I can handle the dubious armor

What I cannot handle is being too slow & un-agile to dodge arty! Anytime I am not in hardcover I am getting wrecked. :(

I just bought this. I am all the way up the medium line so the whole heavy line is already almost completely unlocked module wise.

I can handle the speed

I can handle the plinky gun

I can handle the dubious armor

What I cannot handle is being too slow & un-agile to dodge arty! Anytime I am not in hardcover I am getting wrecked. :(

arty the bane of the British due to the fact that even if they splash you the wreck ya. but sadly sometime you got either grit your teeth and bear with it or if you are rich enough free EXP it for the British i went heavy line first got frustrated at T8 then went down the medium line and found it more enjoyable.

i plan to go back to the heavy's for the conqueror played it on the test server and found it enjoyable shame about the limited ammo but damn that heavy cannon gets some of the bestrate of fire.

I think the British heavy line is rather lack luster it can be enjoyable when it in your favor but honestly until you get to the T9 even then you still have to get the 120mm gun before it can even be classed as a heavy tank. form T5 to T6 they are just slow great rate of fire tanks but it seems with poor armor (to me).

The black prince again it slow but has surprising decent turning speed with workable armor but almost is almost completing aggravating in T9 games but if you fire purely gold rounds you probably wont ever profit i think, but i rather enjoy this tank i sold it but i thinking about getting it back.

I ground through the Churchill VII solo, mainly daily doubles, and managed a (very good for me) 56.7% winrate.

Yet I still hated every minute in it.

I do okay in the ARL V39 as well, to the point that I've still got it hanging around until I get sixth sense on the commander before proceeding any further up the line. Or I would do if I could bring myself to play the thing...

The churchill 7 wins the award for crappiest tier 6 heavy, especially considering other tier 6 heavies are really good. The churchill 7 is thus one of 2 tanks I have rage sold and not finished the grind (the other being the pz38 nA). The gun is simply pathetic. The armor is already meh and cannot hold up to gold spam.

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but playing the churchill 7 will not help your play or teach you anything besides how to rage but not quite break a keyboard. Free exp to the BP if you don't mind the cost. The BP improves the design just enough to be bearable in t7, so long as you master the art of dancing when people try to hit your frontal weakspots. 

Ultimately, if you're looking to improve, the british heavy grind is not an ideal line to do it on. The Russian mediums and heavies, as well as the American heavies and autoloaders arguably are some of the better lines for improving gameplay, and end in decent t10s. I would advise you to hold off the brit heavies for now.

It teaches you anger management, very critical for mediums getting shot at by HESH-183s or any tank getting shot by the occasional RNGesus-blessed arty in high tiers. Therefore, it DOES teach a critical skill. It also teaches you how to basically cut your mental wrists day after day and not die from it.

if you want a shit tank try the churchill GC. REP for anyone who can consistently do well in it

Amen.

Churchill VII is the  ARL V39, the M3 Lee, the Sturer Emil, the crusader SP of the British Heavy line. It's purely there to soak up Free-xp. 

I found the V39, Lee, Sfl V to all be tolerable. Haven't begun the CSP yet tho. Church 7 was an abomination, BP is little better but somehow has better acceleration... on the other hand I got out-raced by KV-3s all the time.

Odd... i have the Churchil 7 and i don't think it's THAT bad. At least in pubs since people rarely know where to shoot makig the armor shine.

it's no T-150 or KV-1s but comparng it with the Lee is downright insulting.

Sure churchil 1 is bad... terrible in fact... hell i penetrated it with the tier 6 chinese scout with the autoloader but 7 and BP actually patches the most glaring holes in the armor.

It might still be easy to pen but at least it's not "shoot frontal plate anywherre but the small 177 mm thick plate to pen" anymore.

Uh...if you expose the front of your tracks, you'll get penned. There's hull behind the tracks. If you don't, your side gets angled too much or you can't shoot. This is a tank that I have never respected even when I was a 50% yellow. I just don't see it being useful at all.