Hello Everyone,

I haven't played much since 9.0 and just recently decided to get back into things.

I generally like to just focus on one tank and play it all the time. (I like leveling up a crew.)

In the past I've used mainly the T49, ELC AMX, and I was just getting back into the VK 2801.

I love all these tanks because they've been able to carry a lot of team. (I mainly solo pub).

Recent updates have taken away a lot of the advantages of these tanks though.
It seems like every updated map takes away the great scouting spots. And the TD firing bonus hurt my play-style too. (though with a 4 skill crew, high octain fuel, and vents; the T49 also plays very scout like).

I'm wondering what's the best tank to carry in now days? Should I be trying out some Mediums? I never liked playing Heavies or slow TD's, but is that the direction to look in terms of carrying?

Very interested in hearing all your experiences!

Cheers,

IS-6,E75,ST-I ... All kind of spearhead Heavies can carry well nowadays.

T49 still remains the best Tier 5 carry tank.

If you want to carry in Medium Tanks,choose the one that has workable armor like T-62A.Those tanks are the best carry tank currently in game by good players.

IS-6,E75,ST-I ... All kind of spearhead Heavies can carry well nowadays.

T49 still remains the best Tier 5 carry tank.

If you want to carry in Medium Tanks,choose the one that has workable armor like T-62A.Those tanks are the best carry tank currently in game by good players.

Till the 9.3 chaffee split and the tier 5 Chaffee makes the T49 look like a windup toy.

Chaffee is likely going to hit pretty hard. Look at how the 50-2 is gone, what the 2801 was nerfed into, and you still think the chaffee will be good post changes?

Pershing is good, most tier 10s, type 59 can hold its own most of the time. KV-5 and IS-6 as well.

Till the 9.3 chaffee split and the tier 5 Chaffee makes the T49 look like a windup toy.

they will nerf the chaffee to useless, trust me. 

good luck getting even match ups in t54 at least 60% of my games are tier 9-10 exclusivly i dont care what anyone says about mm i get throw into tier ten far more them i see 7s and 8s. but whinge aside i run 50/50 ap/heat so no problem comrade 330 pen HEAT kill everything very balanced ok i win now

My favourite "carrytanks" for each tier (with a negative note). I selected these tanks because of their camo values, manouverability or the ability to being almost indestructable as top tier or in hulldown.

Tier 1: T1 Cunningham

Tier 2: PzKpfw 38H735 (f)

Tier 3: M22 Locust (not good against tier 5 enemies)

Tier 4: Matilda (not good against tier 6 enemies)

Tier 5: T49 (ammocount)

Tier 6: Hellcat

Tier 7: T29

Tier 8: Type 59

Tier 9: E-75

Tier 10: STB-1 (I need to use BIA+Vents+Food to actually hit anything with this tank)

I play mediums at tier 9 rather than E-75, but the reasons why I did not select medium as the best "carry" at tier 9:

- T-54 and 430 II have troubles with penetrating tier 10 enemies, otherwise absolutely wonderful tanks against low tiers. I still have T-54 in garage.

- WZ-120 turret is easily penetrated by tier 10 guns, and the 3 degrees of gun depression will hurt you badly in some maps.

- Type 61 can only carry if its not being shot at or enemies miss it

- E-50 is a good candidate, but I feel that I cannot trust the turret armor at all against tier 10 guns.

- M46 Patton's turret is too weak and gun is too inaccurate and lacks penetration

- Lorraine 40t, please.

- Centurion 7/1 is too slow and the turret armor is not to be trusted

- Leopard PTA is a good candidate, but you have probably lost the ammorack twice by the time you are supposed to carry anything at end game.

With the new update about transmissions not being set on fire German heavies will have great potential. 

E 100 

Especially against noobs.

Oh the tears ^^ 

E100's are great, Today I watched 2 of them fight it out on lakeville. they were the only remaining tanks left (both tomato's) and they couldn't pen each other. Eventually one died to HE....

But against noobs, almost all tanks work.

For someone of meh skill I find a tank with decent vision, some armour and a bit of speed the best to carry in.

I found the KV-1 was good at stomping reds but come up against anyone of a similar ability and they would play vision games.

Hellcat was ok but couldn't take a hit 

I guess a heavy with decent visions and eyes is the ideal go to for a carry. E5, T57 and FV215b for tier 10 and me

There are several solid tank choices that all of the best players would agree on are optimal.

Object 140

T62A

E50M

T110E5

Those 4 are universally best pub tanks for various reasons, most notable that they are all very stable and reliable. They don't have niche problems and they never let you down unless you screw up or suffer really bad RNG.

I may have missed one or two from the list though if so they would be arguable. The ones listed are not.

Some others that can be taken for a ride without an issue:

T57

AMX50B

Batchat

there are a few others depending on taste.

Anything that bears the holy trinity of speed, armour and firepower.

Any tank that combines all three to an acceptable degree I can carry with.

So most tier 10 meds, a few tier 10 heavies (E5, 215B) and even slow but sprightly buggers like E-75s and E-100s.

Anything that lacks one will suck. No point being able to bounce it all if you move like a slug, and there's no point being able to be mountain goat level in mobility if you can't penetrate the sides of enemies.

Anything that bears the holy trinity of speed, armour and firepower.

Any tank that combines all three to an acceptable degree I can carry with.

So most tier 10 meds, a few tier 10 heavies (E5, 215B) and even slow but sprightly buggers like E-75s and E-100s.

Anything that lacks one will suck. No point being able to bounce it all if you move like a slug, and there's no point being able to be mountain goat level in mobility if you can't penetrate the sides of enemies.

I agree and have found that this is the case for me, personally.  I need a tank with mobility (resets) and enough armor that I can bounce an occasional shot (mostly due to my error prone nature).  Better players probably don't need the armor component as much since they make much better shot trades. 

I've also found that this month's medium mission has exposed me for my inability to carry well in mediums.  My 60 day WR has dropped from ~59% to 55% playing almost exclusively mediums.