Rexxie

Planetside 2

Don't worry, they removed everything remotely interesting from the roadmap.

In fact the roadmap is now just minor balance tweaks, bug fixes and more shop items. That's literally it.

Anybody still playing this?

I started again about a week ago, playing better than when i left even. But it's also harder to find a decent squad or platoon on emerald NC since GOON doesn't do daily platoons anymore.

I've removed it from my SSD and plopped it on the regular HD. 

How the mighty are fallen.

I imagine it's still Redeployside rubbish.

Every op night: Redeploy, redeploy, redeploy. Zzzzzz. No one had any really good standup fights apart from the odd NC outfit. The bigger outfits on Vanu just swamp anything with bodies and spandex. Last time I played we still kicked massive arse but they fucked the map system up so badly that RIP ever having fun again.

They actually did a change to the reinforcements needed thing on yesterday's hotfix that apparently fixed redeployside a big deal. http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/38bv9k/so_how_about_those_spawn_changes/(GOKU are the masters of redeployside on emerald)

But late night Emerald is otherwise the same old shit, VS locks Hossin and spam maxes everywhere.

Still a better love story than twilight shooter than other shooters tho'.

We always used to Galcrash. It always fucked people who expected mass redeploy from the spawn to get thirty maxes dropped on their sloping foreheads. 

IMO continent locking needs to be reversed. It was really fun to go all saboteur in the low pop hours in enemy territory.  

Bah..might be time just to remove this game from my registry. 

IMO continent locking needs to be reversed. It was really fun to go all saboteur in the low pop hours in enemy territory.  

Bah..might be time just to remove this game from my registry. 

No. 

Indarside is bad, hmmmk.

Pre-continent lock it was just Indar hogged the server pop while Esamir was dead, Amerish slightly less dead. Hossin spiced it up though. 

Indar is cancer. It still keeps most of the population when it isn't locked. :/

They do need to rework lock rewards, at least hossin, half price maxes is bad.

TR: Migizikodi
VS: SneakOrBeSnucked

NC: SneekOrBeSnucked

all emerald

Plays 10-15 mins at a time, takes 30 min break, checks if AFK-kicked if im not the cycle continues

and I actually like redeploying to find good fights instead of zerging down lattices

I don't mind redeploying to look for better fights, but i'm finding out that low pop fights (a squad and half or less per side) are cancer. At least i don't waste time looking for people to shoot or support when zergs clash.

I'm finding out that low pop fights (a squad and half or less per side) are cancer. At least i don't waste time looking for people to shoot or support when zergs clash.

wat

I play planetside for the big battles (else i'd play any of the other plentyful small fights FPS) and prefer platoon level engagements, 3 to 5 squads per side. Most bases can handle that without being too overcrowded, but specially good on the larger 3 point bases and amp stations. Towers are cancer no matter how many players are in them.

In most of the squad level fights i end up in you always have to deal with 2-3 maxes and 1-2 A2G esf padding their K/D against a handful of enemies. If you're not a MAX, HA or sometimes LA you're mostly useless as there's too few players to support.

Is anyone playing on Connery? And Cuni, I find that zergs and large groups of enemies in general are nice when you pull out a sniper rifle, since there are always people sitting still or moving in a reasonably predictable pattern. With a BASR, you become a monster on the battlefield, with the ability to become visible for just a fraction of a second while scoring a kill, leaving the rest of the zerg wondering how their teammate suddenly dropped dead next to them with a large, plasma-burned hole in their head. In smaller fights, people generally seem to be more aware of their surroundings and actually react to sniper fire, making it a lot harder to get into a good place to snipe the shit out of them. Unlike the majority of the NC and TR featured in the video below. Consequently, most of my kills on the way to getting the directive sniper rifle were actually in Connery's prolific 96+ fights, where AV nests and other campers were everywhere. There are no squad-level engagements on Connery anyway.

I screwed up the embedding, so I'll just leave a link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f90cNcfEDLo

I'd skip to 3:25 ish. That part shows exactly why I like larger fights. I so should have gotten counter-sniped, but through the magic of groups of Connery NC, I managed to rack up a good amount of kills without any return fire.

I used to play PS2 early march, stopped after a few months. I heard Daybreak managed to impress a lot of the community after the split from Sony, I might pick it up again.

I used to play PS2 early march, stopped after a few months. I heard Daybreak managed to impress a lot of the community after the split from Sony, I might pick it up again.

I recently started playing it again and it seems fine. I don't play it too often though because I don't have any friends to play with.

I recently started playing it again and it seems fine. I don't play it too often though because I don't have any friends to play with.

well thats too bad, because im not gonna be your friend kappa

i have a vanu on connery, but i can probably go and make a new one

well thats too bad, because im not gonna be your friend kappa

i have a vanu on connery, but i can probably go and make 

I can make a new one as well. Connery is West right? 

I can make a new one as well. Connery is West right? 

yeah, east might be a bit more populated and/or balanced though, i actually havent tried it