Rexxie

Planetside 2

just finished a short session with mereel after making some new TR on connery, wasnt too bad after a few months of not playing

the massive amount of players and chaotic atmosphere is amazing. after playing nothing but vanu for several months, i couldnt help but fall in love with TR gun sounds.

Wotlabs NC is kill.

Only me playing currently, Rexxie haven't in a few months.

tom jojo and i made NC on emerald a couple days ago, i should be playing every now and then

tom jojo and i made NC on emerald a couple days ago, i should be playing every now and then

Welcome to Planetside 2 hard mode.

What's your char name?

Welcome to Planetside 2 hard mode.

after getting that NC char to 20, i've noticed emerald definitely has a lot more skilled players than connery. there are A LOT more 100's and a lot less potatoes, NC has also been doing really shitty with alerts.

connery on the other hand is pretty much playing planetside 2 easy mode, its literally wot east and west servers. not sure how i feel about that.

after getting that NC char to 20, i've noticed emerald definitely has a lot more skilled players than connery. there are A LOT more 100's and a lot less potatoes, NC has also been doing really shitty with alerts.

NC wins alerts in prime time, but late night (the time i can play) the VS often have a serious overpop and they just steamroll alerts. Nobody zergs and cheeses like Emerald VS, the MAX spam is unreal, plus countless magriders and ESF.

That said, emerald VS has the most pro outfits/players, because the Orion is balanced.

I don't play medic much but i probably will after i get the aurax carbine.

Shield bubble, meditool, c4 and regen implant, gib all the certs.

NC wins alerts in prime time, but late night (the time i can play) the VS often have a serious overpop and they just steamroll alerts. Nobody zergs and cheeses like Emerald VS, the MAX spam is unreal, plus countless magriders and ESF.

That said, emerald VS has the most pro outfits/players, because the Orion is balanced.

Good to know VS zerging isn't restricted to just Miller. 

when i play i mostly go for score/hour or as many kills as possible, playing for the objective is reserved for organized squads/platoons/clans

playing sniper with the railjack is satisfying as hell, much like the parallax on VS.

the zerging though sometimes gets annoying, it kind of sucks getting completely shit on by VS and then TR coming over to twist the knife, but it's all about that kdr yo

VS faction trait is refusal of using stuff that isn't broken OP and crying about how UP they are.

Good to know VS zerging isn't restricted to just Miller. 

They get easier to use weapons in general (high accuracy and ROF, low recoil, fast reloads), the best LMG, the best tank for farming infantry, the best ESF for for both AI (LPPA) and airbushido hover duels (slim, hard to hit profile and best nosegun) and the most versatile max. They have bad sidearms i guess?

In short both bad/average and top players have an easier time doing better with VS gear.

Uhh, we got shotguns, a bolt action as the default sniper weapon and a shield on our MBT? And guided missiles.

Theoretically NC are the harder hitting faction, weapons have lower ROF with higher vertical recoil and higher damage, so higher skill floor because they're harder to control and a missed shot is more costy. But sadly, ROF is king in PS2, it's far easier to make an Orion work in long range than it is to make a Gauss Saw work in CQC. 143dmg/750rof is the sweet spot and NC only have single weapon (Carnage AR), plus a carbine and another AR above that on that tier.

VS has the lowest skill floor and NC the highest, TR are somewhere in the middle.

I suppose NC would work better with low ping (an non overloaded server), but i get 220ms at best and it's really hard to compete with higher ROF weapons, i get clientsided by shit like the Lynx or Serpent far too often while i opened fire half a second first.

Got my stats here if you wanna look it up, i'm improving slowly but it can be very frustrating.

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Shackram

https://recursiontracker.com/?p=c&c=achievements&pid=5428011263295107473

NC has a very newbie-friendly MBT - the shield allows a bad vanny to basically just drive straight into a bad mag/prowler and always win, and even experienced players have to keep on their toes around vanguards of all skill levels. If I'm in a 2/2 Vanguard and someone pulls a 1/2 AP Prowler in front of me, they're not even going to damage me before they die. If I'm in a 2/2 Prowler and someone pulls a 1/2 AP Vanguard in front of me, I'm going to lose at least a third (maybe half) of my HP, leaving me much more vulnerable to anything nearby.

NC MAX coordinated drops are pretty stronk, too. I don't like the NC MAX in general; the horrific range, small clips, and gigantic reload times really hurt your ability to keep up with VS/TR MAXs, but a well-coordinated NC MAX crash onto any base with an enclosed capture point is really hard to beat.

Other than that... not too much.

1PKpdSp.jpg

My first session as NC in a little while, I would say it was pretty good. Played LA/Engineer initially then switched to Infiltrator for the second half (Maxed out motion spotter is crazy good for exp in large fights, and SAS-R is pretty legit.)

Also in some of the differences between NC and VS, VS have comfort. The Maggy can dodge easily with a little range, but the downside is that it is a pain in the ass to make minute changes to aim. The weapons are nice and work just fine without any attachments, manageable recoil and what not. Orion is pretty damn good, no surprise, and I can go toe to toe with a lot of people and win. I mostly played Engie, medic, and HA during my little Vanu excursion. The dual Comets are also pretty legit when it comes to scaring away, and killing occasionally, enemy armor. I dunno what else to say.

the VS max AV weapons are fun as hell to use, they're definitely a lot more reliable than ravens i think. scythe PPA goes without saying.

NC and VS feel around the same, but im still in my 20s on NC so i dont have that much experience. however, VS was probably easier to play as on connery as apposed to NC on emerald because of the skill difference.