Rexxie

Planetside 2

i get around 30 ping on connery and 90ish on emerald

i havent noticed much of a difference really, and if there is a difference it isn't very noticable. maybe it explains why i lose more 1v1's on emerald over connery, maybe its just because im bad.

ACX11 4 eva

I see they finally released the PS4 version. 

Maybe they'll remember they have a PC version now?

Yeah the high rof carbines are pretty nice most of the time. 

Just the left-biased recoil will take some getting used to, after auraxiuming the Razor that pulls to the right.

Maybe they'll remember they have a PC version now?

Nope. Xbox port next.

Ways to spice things up 

1. Run around knifing people as an infiltrator, isn't good for anything except fun

Running solo ain't shit for anything.  

You want to meaningfully have an impact you have at minimum a full squad. Even then all your hard work will get curb stomped the moment a platoon arrives, especially if you choose an important base. If you can take that with a singular squad in the first instance. Even then a full platoon gets zerged by VS. 

Honestly with redeployside and the way it's all designed individual skill or grouped tactics don't mean shit. It's just zergless numbers>all. It's what forced me to leave, it just got tiresome running in combined ops platoon and just being consistently outswarmed by pubbies, instantly.

i made the mistake of buying the gauss spr

god dammit

Honestly, provided the meta hasnt changed, unless you are elusive1 or someone insane, you will not do well with anything other than mid to high ROF.

LYNX, JAG, SMGs, the starting MG for TR, TAR. These were all the meta weapons pretty much for TR. One noticeable thing: They all have good ROF. 

So unless NC and Vanu are different, I would just go for GD7F, a fast firing carbine (They have a 500~ cert one I think), and provided the SAW is as good as it used to be, stick with it.

i was planning on auraxing infiltrator and going for the sniper directive while i was at it. for some reason i had 400 certs and just went and impulse bought the gauss because it said sniper rifle.

getting headshots with a sniper is probably the most satisfying thing in this game for me, i figured i might as well go for the moonshot. but the gauss is just EHHHHHHHHHHHH

Honestly, provided the meta hasnt changed, unless you are elusive1 or someone insane, you will not do well with anything other than mid to high ROF.

LYNX, JAG, SMGs, the starting MG for TR, TAR. These were all the meta weapons pretty much for TR. One noticeable thing: They all have good ROF. 

So unless NC and Vanu are different, I would just go for GD7F, a fast firing carbine (They have a 500~ cert one I think), and provided the SAW is as good as it used to be, stick with it.

NC carbines above 600rof is just the 7F and the Bandit and the latter is just 650ish.

NC stuff is stuff is all 500 to 650ish ROF, with the exceptions of GD-7F, GR-22, Carnage AR and Blitz that are above 700. And the 7F left-biased recoil is very awkward.

The SAW is okay after you learn how to use NC weapons, but it's the worse starting weapon by far, very high skill floor. GD-22 is the best NC LMG for learning how to control the recoil and get headshots.

NC carbine line up is pretty dissapointing to me, i'd love a 143/750 carbine.

i was planning on auraxing infiltrator and going for the sniper directive while i was at it. for some reason i had 400 certs and just went and impulse bought the gauss because it said sniper rifle.

getting headshots with a sniper is probably the most satisfying thing in this game for me, i figured i might as well go for the moonshot. but the gauss is just EHHHHHHHHHHHH

Semi-auto snipers are pretty useless. LA80 is my go to as NC.

Semi-auto snipers are pretty useless. LA80 is my go to as NC.

whats good about the LA80? when i look up best nc sniper rifles its either railjack or longshot

Well, it's middle of the road between bolt driver and longshot, decent bullet velocity and chamber time.

The railjack has the best bullet velocity but a about a half a second delay in firing

If anyone wants some platinum weapons for the exceptional directive, it's probably the last change to get them.

https://www.planetside2.com/news/platinum-guns-bundle-pc-limited-time-august-2015

The NS weapons are surprisingly well rounded. 

The NS1115 thing for HA was one of my favourite weapons. Good middle ground between AR and LMG, dat 0.75x ADS movement <3

If anyone wants some platinum weapons for the exceptional directive, it's probably the last change to get them.

https://www.planetside2.com/news/platinum-guns-bundle-pc-limited-time-august-2015

4999 DBC for 3 platinum guns, wtf? 

That's just how DBG rolls. They've always been very cash-cow oriented, like WoT. Main difference being that the return for your investment is a lot less impressive in PS2. It's sad, but for now it seems to be working well enough to keep them afloat. They're probably afraid to change it.

4999 DBC for 3 platinum guns, wtf? 

4500 if you got membership. And well, It's cheaper than 3 gold guns (2k DBC each) and count for the Exceptional directive (black camo reward) instead, which the black/gold versions doesn't.

It's also the price most people spent to get them thru' the recruits reward.

I just wish it were NS-11P instead of the NS-15MP, because i already have the NS-15AE.