Rexxie

Planetside 2

I played for 2-3 months after my last post but stopped playing again, the game is kinda in bad shape.

If you play be prepared for indarside, 40%+ TR server pop and zergs ghost capping low pop continents. Since they changed the continent lock to use victory points indar rarely locks while zergs (particularily VS ones in Emerald) lock hossin/amerish with massive overpop before fights have time to develop.

8 hours ago, Shackram said:

I played for 2-3 months after my last post but stopped playing again, the game is kinda in bad shape.

If you play be prepared for indarside, 40%+ TR server pop and zergs ghost capping low pop continents. Since they changed the continent lock to use victory points indar rarely locks while zergs (particularily VS ones in Emerald) lock hossin/amerish with massive overpop before fights have time to develop.

well thats kind of depressing. are all servers that fucked or just emerald? my main is on connery

Meh about the construction system. Might give players that can't shoot something to do, but i don't think it's gonna be a net positive for the game, since it doesn't address the problem of indarside, pop inbalances and too many awful bases in the game.

13 hours ago, Aquavolt said:

well thats kind of depressing. are all servers that fucked or just emerald? my main is on connery

Pretty sure all the other servers are worse off than emerald since they have even less players.

3 hours ago, Shackram said:

Meh about the construction system. Might give players that can't shoot something to do, but i don't think it's gonna be a net positive for the game, since it doesn't address the problem of indarside, pop inbalances and too many awful bases in the game.

Pretty sure all the other servers are worse off than emerald since they have even less players.

i'll probably join some random outfit and just shoot things for a week or something before i get bored and quit again

On 4/27/2016 at 11:08 AM, Aquavolt said:

i'll probably join some random outfit and just shoot things for a week or something before i get bored and quit again

You could join JACS in NC emerald. Its a more competitive outfit and we use this point defense system which works well. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1DbT9gz94OeGtpoQI0hivT79eKdmTzXQR-nq1BnBoDpA/edit#slide=id.p Were a new outfit though so we have around 7 players online at a time during ops.

Oh man. I remember playing this game a while ago but I have to admit I couldn't make much of it. It just always seemed like a total clusterfuck to me. :(

I ended up quitting because:

1. I was really let down by the rate of progress once my six month boost ran out.
  2. The game has hilarious bandwidth requirements, basically needs 100% of my connection speed to sustain itself.
  3. Started feeling more and more cashgrabby. I came back and saw the GET REVENGE (for one low price of 1.99!) button and was instantly put off.

Good game if you're okay with grinding, have a good connection, a good computer, and can look past the raging F2P. Since my GTX680 died and my net issues have gotten more severe, I put down the game. Once I've moved I might pick it up again, but we'll see.

I kinda liked it but found it way too grindy, essentially without dumping money you can't do anything but upgrade one single path of vehicle or class and play that over and over. You don't get much bang for your buck either, I had a free code that gave me like $30 worth of points and ended up with basically junk to show for it. Had a lot of fun with friends for a bit, having a driver/gunner combo with the buggy for instance, but that only lasted so long. Also smelled of pay2win, every once in a while you'd see one guy somehow take on like 20 of your guys and hold them off for several minutes miraculously taking untold quantities of damage, they have these cheesy "batteries" which grant you extra powers that will take, you guessed it, real money to recharge.

15 minutes ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

I kinda liked it but found it way too grindy, essentially without dumping money you can't do anything but upgrade one single path of vehicle or class and play that over and over. You don't get much bang for your buck either, I had a free code that gave me like $30 worth of points and ended up with basically junk to show for it. Had a lot of fun with friends for a bit, having a driver/gunner combo with the buggy for instance, but that only lasted so long. Also smelled of pay2win, every once in a while you'd see one guy somehow take on like 20 of your guys and hold them off for several minutes miraculously taking untold quantities of damage, they have these cheesy "batteries" which grant you extra powers that will take, you guessed it, real money to recharge.

Now you're talking like a 45%er, the game has problems but pay2win isn't one. You can sustain rank2-3 implants without spending money if you don't suck and they hardly make a difference most of the time.

There are some highly skilled players that can take on two squads and come out on top, given the average PS2 isn't not any better than average WoT players, but PS2 demands a lot more situational awareness, specially when you're fighting in a base with many flanking options, or among 100-200 players in a clusterfuck in base the size of a city block in Ensk,.

Plus the same players mastered the art of medkit tanking, abusing a feature of medkits that the devs wouldn't dare touch after so long (instead of simply setting health to max value, medkits work as a super fast regen that lasts about 2 seconds, meaning the person is almost invulnerable unless you can chain headshots or OHK the person). They also mastered movement, spazzing around and becoming hard to hit because the netcode prediction can't keep up on the other player clients, compounded by latency differences. Besides those two issues PS2 has the best shooting mechanics i've played and a pretty solid netcode all things considered.

I've quit playing because sadly it's a dying game as the devs made many, many mistakes, the player base is dwindling and what's left are pretty cancerous, zergfits are the main forces and they're the equivalent of laveville valley campers, getting farmed all day in the same Indar stalemates or ghostcapping hossin with 50% continent pop, it's very hard to find a fun fight.

Wrel is not the best player ever but much of his advice is solid. Many of the top emerald players hate him for some reason tho'.

I don't care for being competitive but i did try to become a better player http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Shackram

18 hours ago, Shackram said:

Wrel is not the best player ever but much of his advice is solid. Many of the top emerald players hate him for some reason tho'.

I don't care for being competitive but i did try to become a better player http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Shackram

Nice. Whats the difference between being more competitive and being a better player? :P When I started I thought a 1.5 k/d ratio was hard now I could easily get higher than 2.0 k/d after today. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=675489388 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=675339611  http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/MajorStewie
 http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/FueledByMountainDew Majorstewie is my first char. Moutaindew is my 2nd one I made to join jacs.

On 30/04/2016 at 1:11 AM, MajorStewie said:

Nice. Whats the difference between being more competitive and being a better player?

I try to not use shortcuts such as only using a strong class (HA) and the better/easier to use weapon for the class (Anchor/Cyclone in case of NC) as well as not abuse cheesy mechanics like medkit spam.

I like to kill mans better and faster and dying less, but i don't care enough about my stats to bother padding them.

Well, i patched the game today, first thing i do when i get in is try to slide and bulletjump since i've been playing warframe the last month.

Still, i tried to get in Hossin and it was full! There's some hope for this game i guess.