AirG

Type 62

It is perfectly functional as a premium tank.  Not as good as the WZ-131, but it shouldn't be.  Comparing them is like comparing the IS6 to the IS3 - of course the IS3 is going to come out ahead in the gun department.

I had little trouble doing well in it.  The lack of pen never proved to be a problem considering you're going to be looking for side shots.  I like it.  Don't see many of them around either.

It is perfectly functional as a premium tank.  Not as good as the WZ-131, but it shouldn't be.  Comparing them is like comparing the IS6 to the IS3 - of course the IS3 is going to come out ahead in the gun department.

I had little trouble doing well in it.  The lack of pen never proved to be a problem considering you're going to be looking for side shots.  I like it.  Don't see many of them around either.

Strictly speaking yeah premium tanks shouldn't be better than normally acquired tanks but they shouldn't be direct downgrades from existing tanks either.

This might be a bad example but look at the Lowe compared to the TIger II. The tiger 2 is better armored, faster and has more DPM, but the Lowe has better penetration and accuracy. Though it isn't great, it at least carves out a niche.

One notable difference between Type 62 and WZ131 is matchmaking.

According to Wargaming http://youtu.be/UwGiwkPqmbw?t=4m27s scouts get balanced by such rules just like arty:

• The MM weight of scouts of each team cannot differ by more than 30%
  • The number of scouts cannot differ by more than 1

And here is the punchline: Type 62 is NOT considered as one of scouts, just like low tier slow light tanks. Playing Type 62 almost ensures a number advantage of scouts. This could lead to an advantage / disadvantage depending on the map and your scouting skill.

if you play 1390 with full apcr loadout don't bother, then it's nothing special.

now if you can handle low pen it's awesome because

a) it's a light

b) it makes a ton of credits everytime you play it

type 62 has HEAT as premium ammo, and to be quite honest the HEAT round isn't anything special even, so you are better off with 131 if you like to have more than 145 pen in your lights.

i believe someone has posted a more in-depht review on this forum?

It's pretty bad, but like all high tier scouts can give you some pretty amazing games due to the 225 HEAT pen and XP modifier.

And yes, as far as I know, it's literally just a WZ-131 but worse in every catagory. It does have one perk though, something like half a percent more camo when firing. Yay...

One notable difference between Type 62 and WZ131 is matchmaking.

According to Wargaming http://youtu.be/UwGiwkPqmbw?t=4m27s scouts get balanced by such rules just like arty:

• The MM weight of scouts of each team cannot differ by more than 30%
  • The number of scouts cannot differ by more than 1

And here is the punchline: Type 62 is NOT considered as one of scouts, just like low tier slow light tanks. Playing Type 62 almost ensures a number advantage of scouts. This could lead to an advantage / disadvantage depending on the map and your scouting skill.

Why wouldn't the Type 62 not be considered a scout? It has the same MM and MM weight as the WZ-131. I havent heard of the Type 62 getting any special treatment.

I have 500+ games in the WZ-131 and Type 62. Right now the go-to LT premium for pubbing is the Type 64. Never seeing 10s is a godsend to the LT. BT10 is a very common for the Type 62, where as by never seeing BT10 the Type 64 often gets BT7 and 8 where it really can be fun to drive. Both make OK credits, the Type 62 probably makes a few more but I am not sure the frustration is worth it. 

To this day still love my Type 62. One of my most played tanks however crab is right about one thing. The go to fun run and gun light tank is the Type 64.  Though you're going to need a radio operator for the 64 since none of the other higher tier LTs have a radio man.  But every once in a while, I pull the old girl out.

The best time to have owned one, was when it first came out as a tier 6 LT. There was no other tank like it.

Why wouldn't the Type 62 not be considered a scout? It has the same MM and MM weight as the WZ-131. I havent heard of the Type 62 getting any special treatment.

Because WG logic. I want to prove it but consider matchmaking is a blackbox w/ multiple variable inputs (server population, time of the day, etc.), I don't even know what a viable proof would look like.

All I can say is "get one and see for yourself"  :sad:

Because WG logic. I want to prove it but consider matchmaking is a blackbox w/ multiple variable inputs (server population, time of the day, etc.), I don't even know what a viable proof would look like.

All I can say is "get one and see for yourself"  :sad:

It gets the same MM as any other tier 7 LT.  I wish it got Pref MM and never saw above a tier 8 or 9, but alas that is not so.

The Type 62 is one of only 2 premiums I have bought and it is a great practice tank for doing the WZ light line. It is the same as a near stock 131 apart from the crew skills where there is a difference in the sit awareness allocation - on 62 its on cdr, on the WZ's its on another crew member, so that doesnt help as its a supposed to be a crew trainer.

With close to 900 battles in the 62, it must have made me almost 20M credits as it averages 20k net per battle.

I'm really glad I bought it - I think it was 50% off one weekend about 18 mo ago. I was annoyed when they nerfed the HEAT but it really didnt matter al that much as if you put the tank in the right places you can get by with the regular AP except when shooting at Maus/E100 flanks, etc., which is a lesson well learned before starting the WZ line, where spamming HEAT would be far more expensive  (in a non premium tank).

Hey guys, I just got this tank tonight and I outfitted with with a 100% crew training camo, Rammer, Stab and optics.

I've been playing kind of like my type 59, only more cautious not to get shot, and trying to flank people or circle lone heavies. Like a kind of oppurtunist that can't take a hit.

Any tips or explanation of playstyle? The only light i've really played extensively was the t71. I'm kind of using it like a light medium.

No, the suspension is just comparatively weaker than it used to be, "nerf" implies it had something changed so as to be worse.

I always thought that a change in the game causing a tank to perform worse than before, even if the change is indirect would mean that the tank is nerfed.

Ok I won this today. 1 tier 8 game and one tier 9. I did reasonably good since I don't play much LTs and I have 75% crew.

I got optics, rammer and v.stab.

I basically play it like soft medium and scout when needed since my crew is terrible.

I noticed that gun gets damaged easily.

P.S. some replays/tutorials on how to play it?

Ok I won this today. 1 tier 8 game and one tier 9. I did reasonably good since I don't play much LTs and I have 75% crew.

I got optics, rammer and v.stab.

I basically play it like soft medium and scout when needed since my crew is terrible.

I noticed that gun gets damaged easily.

P.S. some replays/tutorials on how to play it?

I'm not sure if I'm quite the designated person for this, but I'll remind myself to send you some replays of my Type 62 games.

Note, I'm doing 57% in my Type 62 compared to my most played tank Type 59 which is only 52%.

I'm not sure if I'm quite the designated person for this, but I'll remind myself to send you some replays of my Type 62 games.

Note, I'm doing 57% in my Type 62 compared to my most played tank Type 59 which is only 52%.

Send them over. You played more games in Type 62 and in general you play more LTs, so...stats don't matter :)