AirG

Type 62

I just got mine today, and personally I am really enjoying it. After having the only high-ish tier lights I've played so far are autoloaders or the chaffee/T37, I enjoy the punchy-ness of the gun. Low pen isnt that big of a deal, and heat ammo can go through the sides/rear of basically any tank. The extra income bonus is great, it might end up becoming my go-to moneymaker from now on. (IS-6 APCR spam 2 op)

Hows the creditmaking with moderate HEAT-spam?

I expect it to be quite ok with a proper crew and considering it to become my primary moneymaker (SP sux), but I can't really tell since I sling all the HEAT right now with my 75% crew to at least get some damage so I consistently lose money without prem account.

I've had mine for 1000 battles and as a green I average +20k per battle in the long run with a premium account

Have played around 15 games in mine now after getting it via the mission.  It's alright, not great.  I still prefer my Type 64 to it though.  Gun is decent, and the mobility is solid, though I wouldn't mind a top speed a little higher than 60.  My complaint with it though is that its fuel tanks get lit up fairly easy, even from the front.  Having a hard time running food on it knowing it gets lit up so easy.  Also, only 390 view range rather than 400 is underwhelming.

So I'm just wondering, stronkhold wise the 131 fully upped its better than the type, but couldn't you use the type for credit farming while block farming in stronks?

Hows the creditmaking with moderate HEAT-spam?

I expect it to be quite ok with a proper crew and considering it to become my primary moneymaker (SP sux), but I can't really tell since I sling all the HEAT right now with my 75% crew to at least get some damage so I consistently lose money without prem account.

I play type with 5 HEAT shells. Since it doesn't go with T10 you can play it like tier 7 medium and spot when you have to. That way you can earn quite a bit.

One notable difference between Type 62 and WZ131 is matchmaking.

According to Wargaming http://youtu.be/UwGiwkPqmbw?t=4m27s scouts get balanced by such rules just like arty:

• The MM weight of scouts of each team cannot differ by more than 30%
  • The number of scouts cannot differ by more than 1

And here is the punchline: Type 62 is NOT considered as one of scouts, just like low tier slow light tanks. Playing Type 62 almost ensures a number advantage of scouts. This could lead to an advantage / disadvantage depending on the map and your scouting skill.

Ok, I didn't believe this initially, but it's true. You don't need to play the thing to prove it: Just search for Type 62 replays on wotreplays.com and count the scouts weights on each team. The Type 62 clearly does not count towards scout balancing.

An extreme example:

rg1Caib.jpg

My guess is that this isn't intentional. They just forgot to set the scout flag for the tank.

Had a game today with 3 Type 62 on my team and no scout on the other team, so yeah.

So far I've found it's biggest problem are tier 10 games where it is completely useless, considering that it is strictly worse than the WZ-131 it should get preferential MM. Been doing ok in T8 and 9, but I've had many 0-300 damage T10 games where I just wasted 15 minutes of my time.

On the other hand...
RLtDay3.png

dat statpadding.

2660 WN8 so far despite having a junk crew.

You are reduced to almost pure spotter for most of T10 games. You can't influence the battles with damage, only with spotting. At least until gaps open up, but this usually doesn't happen before either side has a significant advantage. This sucks when you get a city map, but what can you do?

I really enjoy my Type 62. I think it is a fun tank, which is important when I want to make credits with it ;)

That's where my shitty crew comes in, I can't outspot anything at T9 and 10, average assist dmg is at an incredible 71 after 25 games so I am reduced to trying to do at least some damage with HEAT-spam. I'm pretty sure that's gonna change when I get my first crew skill done though.

How shit is your crew? Even my 3-skill crew can't outspot any tier X medium on an open field, but it is not 'meant' to be that way. I try to use bushes and the like to get the camouflage advantage.

I'm at 90% + vents main skill right now, not as horrible as when it was 75% but the lack of any camo and 6th sense still hurts a lot.

Then there is your problem. In tier X games, knowing when you are spotted is invaluable information, as you will get rekt if you are hit by almost anything.

I got this little beast via the month long event. Didn't really like it at first but it has grown on me. Passive scouting in high tier games, I have had 8k spotting damage games and get 5k plus pretty regular. Lower tier games I just go hunting. Even though the armor isn't supposed to be good I have bounced a lot of big hits. I was hull down and caught out of  position and bounced three jpz 100 hits in a row, 4th killed me :(

I now actually love this tank. Passive spotting in high tier games has made me 80k-100k cred profit without firing a shot. Not great for wn8 but hey who cares!

I wouldn't run food because of frontal fuel tanks. Too risky to be worth that small extra output. Also, it is a premium so you want to make some credits in it, no? ;)

I wouldn't run food because of frontal fuel tanks. Too risky to be worth that small extra output. Also, it is a premium so you want to make some credits in it, no? ;)

Eh, I make plenty of credits in my T34, IS-6 and E-25 to offset using food in all three of my Chinese light tanks.  Crew is getting trained up fast by triple training them every time I play.  Don't have much for fire problems in my 132 or 64 but the 62 like you said just gets lit up cauz of those frontal tanks.  Back to Auto Ext on it I guess.

My god just checked VBAddict and I haven't played my Type in a year! I need to dust this puppy off! And with the loss in prominence of the WZ-132 due to creep, I wonder if I should re-skill the crew for the type...

Combined damage + assist after now 60 games is at 1173, compared to 1317 in the 12t, 1057(1462 recent) in the ELC, 1135 in the T21 which I played as a 1600 recent WN8 player without any crew skills and 1664(1881 recent) in the T71.

Also with the necessary HEAT-spam I make <10k profit per game, I just don't see a point in driving this tank anymore after I finish the 1st crew skill for the 59-16.

For one good game however theres 20+ catastrophic failures where I'm reduced to sitting around in the back and wasting my time. And thanks to necessary heat spam it's now miles behind even my regular tier 5 and 6 tanks in net earnings so no reason to ever play it again.

Hey guys!

I also noticed that my type earns pretty low for tier 7 premium. Or I think it does.

Here is comparison of 2 premiums, same conditions of win...

shot002.jpg

Is this normal? TBH I don't think I will sell my type since it can be fun tankee sometimes but earning is bad.

If you fire gold in the type, you cripple the credit earnings. Getting (spotting) damage on high-tier tanks greatly elevates your earnings. I make an average of 50k in my Type 62, so I feel like it has potential to be a great credit earner - if you dont fire gold.

In this game I didn't fire gold but. .. Shouldn't tier 7 premium earn more than tier 5 premium just because it is 2 tiers higher? This would be reasonable considering the prices of two mentioned tanks?

1500 dmg for a tier 5 is significantly better than 1500 dmg for a tier 7 (although it is a scout). 

I think your T14 game was an above-average credit game. Try to play 20-30 games in either and compare the credit earning after that :)