AirG

Type 62

To be honest I am not 100% familiar with how the credit amount is calculated for a given premium tank. I just know that if you well, you get more credits. The higher the tier, the more credits you earn. :)

Holy shit, I forgot how much of a difference 6th sense makes

Wqc67d2.jpg

Although to be fair it still is a shitty WZ-131, completely hopeless in T10 battles and stops making credits as soon as you fire a HEAT shell.

edit: just noticed I am still running Vents alongside Optics and Rammer. Is it worth switching it out for VS?

Apparently there is going to be a buff to reload time and ground resistance (the WG way of buffing mobility without changing the engine stats)

I'm honestly disappointed. This brings the DPM/handling in line with the WZ-131, but it still remains worse in virtually every other way. The gun is still considerably worse, it's still slower, and still has less HP. Very tiny buff for one of the most deserving tanks in the game. Guess it'll always remain a garbage version of the 131.

This is actually a pretty substantial buff.  Gun handling becomes slightly better on the Type and DPM gap is closed a bit.  Improved terrain resistance make the horsepower/ton on terrain almost identical to the WZ-131.  I know that doesn't make them equivalent, but it puts them in the same ballpark.

The 145 pen on the Type is still awful and the HEAT round is still way too expensive for no good reason so the tank remains inferior to the WZ, but the gap is a lot smaller.  For those of us who still like to take the Type 62 out this is very welcome.

I know I'd be able to carry a lot more games in something like a Bulldog or T71, but I can't bring myself to selling my Type when I did a semi-long mission to get it, it's kind of a rare tank, and I have it triple marked.  I just really enjoy the Chinese light line, not really a bad tank in it.  Also, the Chinese light premiums are WN8 padders if that's what you're into:

lebegn5.png
Edited by RollerCoaster47

EU patch notes dated 15th July 2015 say;

"

Type 62:

• Dispersion on the move and hull traverse of the Type 62 suspension decreased by 12%.
  • Crossing capacity of the Type 62 suspension on solid terrain increased by 17%.
  • Crossing capacity of the Type 62 suspension on medium terrain increased by 14%.
  • Crossing capacity of the Type 62 suspension on soft terrain increased by 7%.
  • Reload time of the 85 mm Type 62 gun for the Type 62 turret decreased from 5.7 to 5.5 s.
  • Dispersion on turret traverse of the 85 mm Type 62 gun decreased by 17%"

Anyone able to confirm these buffs?

Played it today, it feels much better and I was getting good results. One other thing I noticed that was that it seems to give a lot more credits than it used to. Maybe that's just me doing more damage, but see what you think

My conclusion:

Still complete junk. 10% better acceleration doesn't help when it's capped at 60kph, almost as slow as the SP I C, reload buff is very minor (I went from 4.8 to 4.64), only the dispersion buff can be actually felt, but it doesn't make the gun magically better. Still completely undergunned for a T7 light and the shitty premium HEAT is still WAY too expensive for no reason.

Quoting myself here: 

One notable difference between Type 62 and WZ131 is matchmaking.

And here is the punchline: Type 62 is NOT considered as one of scouts ...

This seems to be no longer true since 9.9. Type 62 is now properly balanced as a scout when matchmaking, albeit it's not mentioned in the patch notes. WG is actually fixing things.

Agreed with Breeze here, the buffs didn't really help this tank out. The Type 62 has been underpowered for a while, but map changes made it pretty horrific for the last few versions. The buffs only bring it back to its previous underpowered state. There's just not much there to use; bad gun depression, unremarkable gun, unremarkable mobility, bad penetration. You're just slightly smaller than most lights.

While it does need another buff, the real problem lies in the fact that the WZ-131 and Type 62 are literally the same vehicle. As long as WG keeps the two tanks so extremely similar, you won't ever have a reason to own a Type 62.

Anyone kept track of their stats on Type since 9.9 came out? This patch the Type lost its different MM and now it has regular tier 7 LT MM. And i wonder whether it was an indirect nerf or not since my stats are basicaly the same as they were before even with improved rof/dispersion/mobility. I know the buffs werent groundbraking but i expected a bit more...

So anyone noticed a statistical improvement and its just me being rusty or were the buffs negated by the MM change?

It's not an amazing light, but it has its moments. 

Victory!

Map: Sand River 
Vehicles: Type 62 
Exp: 2,747 (x2 for the first victory each day)  Credits: 48,516
Battle achievements: Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Repairs:    -263  
Ammunition:    -27 960  
Total:    20 293      WN8: 9 607 (100) 

It's not an amazing light, but it has its moments. 

I agree, here's my first battle yesterday:

karelia-china-type_62-20430288988896479.

101k gross credits isn't bad for a tier 7 light...

On 1.08.2015, 03:57:38, Rexxie said:

Agreed with Breeze here, the buffs didn't really help this tank out. The Type 62 has been underpowered for a while, but map changes made it pretty horrific for the last few versions. The buffs only bring it back to its previous underpowered state. There's just not much there to use; bad gun depression, unremarkable gun, unremarkable mobility, bad penetration. You're just slightly smaller than most lights.

While it does need another buff, the real problem lies in the fact that the WZ-131 and Type 62 are literally the same vehicle. As long as WG keeps the two tanks so extremely similar, you won't ever have a reason to own a Type 62.

I agree it's unremarcable but it does make decent credits if you don't spam too much gold. Don't know why but it's a decent moneymaker. 

To be honest if the shell speed was at least a bit faster I'd be really ok with the tank as for now the shells fly so fast I'm pretty sure I could outrace them and ram the enemy before they hit him.