AirG

Type 62

Once upon a time i wondered how much worse Type 62 is compared to WZ-131. So i decided to rebuy 131 and get some sample size to compare them.

Unfortunately, new patch came and i dont have time to play now so i cant finish it properly with 100+ games for both of tanks. However the results were fairly consistent for both tanks and the numbers are what they should be so i share what ive got so far.

All battles are played in a single patch, same crew, same setup, and relatively equaly during the span of the day/week. Both with 85mm. Only difference is more HEAT carried in Type due to shitty pen on both rounds. (25/20 compared to 30/15. AP/HE). On general i fired twice as much Heat with type 62 than in 131. My guess is 2-3 per match in 131, and 5-7 in Type 62 on average.

WZ-131

~2,300 DPG

33 wins out of 48 battles =68%WR

Type 62

~1,900 DPG

56 wins out of 90 battles =62% WR

Sample size is too small to make conclusions about WR, reality wont be much different from this tho. DPGs are reliable,however,  since theyre both 100-150 higher than liast time i played these so theyre fairly consistent. I didnt eve bother with tracking spotting dmg since its even more map-dependant than WR so you need rly big sample size to be accurate and i dont want to torture myself with another 200 battls on each tank. But I expect assisted dmg to be roughly equal, 131 may be faster but the more dmg you do directly the less dmg is left there as spotting.

So there you have it, you can squeeze up to 20% more damage in 131 even with more liberal use of gold in Type 62. My guess on WR difference is 4%. And mind you, this is prior to last 131 buffs. Now the difference will be even bigger.

Make of it what you will, imo the credit gain doesnt compensate for it. You pay 5k creds fo 180 dmg, shoot 5 times and your profit is gone. Dont shoot them and keep bouncing on Panthers.

Great WG balance at work again(t-22anyone?).

That also makes me wonder why does the type 62 have higher wn8 expected values. Yes i know how it works, Type 62 is played on avg by better players, that means better avg values, that means higher expected. But since Type 62 is worse at everything (or more precisely, it isnt better at anything, literally!) there is no way between two same players to have better results with Type 62. Expected values are manualy set for rare tanks, why dont set them manualy for tanks that got screwed over by powercreep and metachange? Just food for thought.

IMG_20151222_084644.jpg

Type looks like it has identical armor, somewhat worse mobility due to weaker engine.  Dispersion, terrain resistance and camo values are all practically identical.

WZ has alpha and pen, Type has DPM, aim time, and a small accuracy advantage. On paper this looks like the two should be really similar; the differences look something like the Type 59 - T-34-3 matchup.

You're looking at the wrong gun, the 85mm WZ-131 is what you should compare the Type 62 too. Its also the gun most people run on the WZ anyway.

WZ advantages:

• Faster
  • More agile
  • Higher DPM
  • Higher Alpha
  • Better Gun Handling
  • Higher Velocity
  • Higher Pen
  • More HP
  • Stronger Modules

Type 62 advantages:

• Nothing, equal or worse in every category.

You're looking at the wrong gun, the 85mm WZ-131 is what you should compare the Type 62 too. Its also the gun most people run on the WZ anyway.

WZ advantages:

• Faster
  • More agile
  • Higher DPM
  • Higher Alpha
  • Better Gun Handling
  • Higher Velocity
  • Higher Pen
  • More HP
  • Stronger Modules

Type 62 advantages:

• Nothing, equal or worse in every category.

You're right.  I hit "top configuration"in the wiki stats and that shows it with the 100mm mounted.  Top 85mm looks much better.

Well, that's not good.  There are only three reasons to buy a premium - crew training, free XP and credits, and fun.  I just last night bought a Type 64, so crew training is covered, I have a couple other tanks likely to produce more credit profits than a Type 62, and if I want the fun of a Type 62, I can just buy a WZ and get a buffed Type in the bargain.

WZ advantages:

• Faster
  • More agile
  • Higher DPM
  • Higher Alpha
  • Better Gun Handling
  • Higher Velocity
  • Higher Pen
  • More HP
  • Stronger Modules

Type 62 advantages:

• Dank credits
  • Can platoon with new full-MM T8 prefs

FTFY.

FTFY.

I have other ways to get dank credits, though.

I'll be honest, I immediately had an itch to buy the thing.  The guitarists here have probably heard the term GAS: Guitar Acquisition Syndrome.  You drop by the guitar store and see a used guitar at a good price that you don't actually need but damn it looks cool, or maybe Musician's Friend is having a special on a Danelectro baritone or a slick looking Fender Esquire, and suddenly a bead of sweat forms on your forehead and you remember that you have your credit card numbers memorized, so you wouldn't even have to get out of your seat and grab your wallet to buy it.

Lately I've had a baaaaaad case of TAS.  A few months ago all I had was the SP, various gift tanks, and a T14 and Ram - all of it gifted.  Then I bought the Berlin pack, and that broke the dam.  Next thing I knew I was buying an IS-6, and it snowballed from there.  I bought a KV-5, KV-220 and Church III that I hardly play, I bought a JT88, I bought an FCM I show zero evidence that I comprehend how to play, and just a few nights ago I bought a T-34-3.

So last night I picked up a Type 64, and before the sale ends, I plan on picking up a T-25, T-15, I'm probably gonna get an SU-122-44, and I've even considered picking up an SU-100Y cuz boomstick and I've even thought briefly about whether the Excelsior was all that bad on the off chance I decided to grind the Brit heavies.  I mean, seriously.

So of course I immediately considered buying a Type 62.

I have bad TAS.  o_O' 

The Type 62 only makes credits if you have some sort of moral difficulty slinging HEAT shells at all the targets your 145mm base pen won't scratch. The WZ-131's top 85 has better silver pen, better premium pen and CHEAPER premium shells. They do more damage too.

The WZ-111 1-4 pays the same money for a premium shell that does 490 damage :disco: Type 59 pays less for premium shells than the Type 62 does, which makes like no sense.

I bought it when it first came out. I've played over 1k games in it and done countless LT missions while padding my credit balance.

I also have many games in my Type 62 dating back to the time before they nerfed its HEAT pen and made the premium shell more expensive.

Sadly these nostalgic memories do not accurately reflect the current reality.

Well, considering you earn equal amount of XP on both, type 62 and 64, the 62 should still be better at crew training since your "accelerate-training-xp" arent dumped into a useless radioman. All thing accounted for, those four guys that you use on 131 and 132 should gain XP about 13% faster. But whether you need a crew trainer for a non-CW/TB/SH tier 8 LT is quite debatable. And credit income is simmilar because both have shitty pen and cutthroat prices for theirs gold rounds. (Btw for JPE100 HEAT you pay about 7 silver per point of damage. For Type 62s? 27 silver. Almost four times as much for half the pen. WTF?)

Oh and i remember, there is one stat that is in favor of 62 instead 131. Type 62 has like 0.1% better camo across the board. True story.

Bought mine today, love it. Wish it had slightly more pen on the regular shell. Only can pen sides & rears of mediums reliably.

Going to play this to train my WZ-131 ladies~

Well, I don't know if this makes me a:

1. hypocrite
  2. sucker
  3. dumbass
  4. all of the above

...but after all that arguing about how I didn't see the logical sense in buying a Type 62 instead of just owning a Type 64 and a WZ-131...

...I said "fuck it, it's a lousy $20 for the tank and another $20 for some gold" and I went ahead and bought the thing.

Feel free to snicker under your breath, point and laugh yourself sick, or anywhere in between.

:/

The WZ-111 1-4 pays the same money for a premium shell that does 490 damage.

Type 59 pays less for premium shells than the Type 62 does, which makes like no sense.

Something bad happened to the numbers when WG up-tiered the Type 62, like some intern just pulled the new numbers out of thin air and no one ever went back to check on them when they added the rest of the line.

That's basically what happened. When the Type 62 was first released, it was pretty much the posterboy for HEATspammer. It had 250mm HEAT that had no problems with spaced armor, and it was very cheap. You could spam HEAT like the IS-6 spams APCR and make good profits. Normal play with restricted HEAT usage made pretty awesome credit, too. It was well worth playing.

All the gold spam in the game was getting out of control, but there was probably some balance dev in that day that decided the Type 62 deserved extra hard dickings. A gold ammo cost rebalance was released and the Type 62 got fucked over harder than any tank in the game.

Idk if I am good at this tank, or if people are bad... I got the mastery badge within 7 games of buying it? It's not a bad tank, but gotta lay off the premium shells and you'll do OK!

*EDIT just checked, VBaddict says avg dmg is 576??

On 1/4/2016 at 10:47 AM, Matross said:

Idk if I am good at this tank, or if people are bad... I got the mastery badge within 7 games of buying it? It's not a bad tank, but gotta lay off the premium shells and you'll do OK!

*EDIT just checked, VBaddict says avg dmg is 576??

Easy to get mastery because no one plays it. It is a fucking terrible tank. The main problem for me was I noticed I was seeing lots of tier 10 matches. So I started counting. 48% of matches where in tier 10 games. WTF? The gun handling is just so bad kind of like being in amx cdc but without the speed or gun depressions and that tank fucking sucks. 

One anomaly is that the MM doesnt seem to count it when balancing number of scouts. If you play it, you usually find your team has one extra scout.

I have over 1000 battles in mine, would be nice if it had a few buffs; the 131 is so much better in both gun and engine terms