AirG

Type 62

On 4/9/2016 at 1:47 AM, Ezz said:

They should just give it the top 85mm the 131 gets.

This.

I understand that premiums should be worse or at least on par with they regular counterparts, but totally negating this tank the ability to damage anything that's not a light tank or paper mediums is just plain stupid..

I bought it last year and I only played 113 battles in it.. now it's sitting in my garage without equipment..

It should get buffed to M41 90 levels, so it's similar to the wz 131 but not identical..

How do you like it post MM buff? The DPM and VR are nice but given the meh hp/t it plays more like a pocket med to me. Hard to active scout in this but it really works wonder if you are top trier.

13 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

How do you like it post MM buff? The DPM and VR are nice but given the meh hp/t it plays more like a pocket med to me. Hard to active scout in this but it really works wonder if you are top trier.

It always did play like a pocket med... except a bad one for tier (ie tier 8 ). Now it is one of the best meds for tier 7 with easily the best for vision and mobility. Firepower now is on par with its tier meds and realistically you'll only get outdone if one of the autoloaders corner you.

13 minutes ago, Ezz said:

It always did play like a pocket med... except a bad one for tier (ie tier 8 ). Now it is one of the best meds for tier 7 with easily the best for vision and mobility. Firepower now is on par with its tier meds and realistically you'll only get outdone if one of the autoloaders corner you.

That's true but with that pen and alpha it was hard to play like a med in it so I used the camo to try to scout. I really lke it but I also have the type64 and the amx 13 57 so I'm a bit spoiled.

Scouting still works fine from a vision perspective in the 62. Some of the difference you are noticing may come from being exposed to higher tier opponents with more view range of their own. The 64's view range is out and out silly in that respect for a tier 6 - but go go WG balance means it kept it. Basically you can't just yolo around in it and expect to get away with it. But if you know your lines and vision areas it will still dominate its tier.

1 hour ago, Ezz said:

Scouting still works fine from a vision perspective in the 62. Some of the difference you are noticing may come from being exposed to higher tier opponents with more view range of their own. The 64's view range is out and out silly in that respect for a tier 6 - but go go WG balance means it kept it. Basically you can't just yolo around in it and expect to get away with it. But if you know your lines and vision areas it will still dominate its tier.

Visionwise it's still good since I run food on mine but it's too slow for active scouting runs . Maybe not all of them but some plays are out and since scouting is problematic in wot anyway it makes for a less fun play.

Vision, dpm, mobility and credits. Pretty solid combo imo. Plus tier 7 mm seems less shit than a full 8. I basically run this and a pref 8 for credits. 

Decent and fun light nowadays because it didn't get its dpm and vr trashed like some of the other lights, but its definitely not best in tier like the Type 64 and GF at their tiers. Also make sure you know what you want to use it for, if you want to make money be prepared to stick with AP, prem ammo is crazy expensive.

This thing can be pushed out to pretty crazy view range limits combined with the CVS / LNES makes for a fun scout that is not too bad in the gun side. Just be prepared to spam plenty of HEAT.

17 hours ago, simba90 said:

This thing can be pushed out to pretty crazy view range limits combined with the CVS / LNES makes for a fun scout that is not too bad in the gun side. Just be prepared to spam plenty of HEAT.

It appears not to be able to mount a CVS. 

That said I gave it a whirl this morning. 20 games, 70% wins. 1500 dmg, 1400 spotting, 1400 xp/game. Made some credits but not a ton. I equipped it with LNE in the slot, and then bounty vents and optics. 43.7% camo and 503 VR at tier 7 is pretty broken. And the gun is fairly accurate at 0.32. Plus you get that punishing HE for cleaning up arties, winning LT duels even though you don't have a rammer, etc. Had a couple real monster games in there 5-7k combined. Despite the HEAT being super expensive 220 is actually enough to pen tanks that have weak points. I farmed a Tort cupola (invisibly) for example. 

36 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

It appears not to be able to mount a CVS. 

That said I gave it a whirl this morning. 20 games, 70% wins. 1500 dmg, 1400 spotting, 1400 xp/game. Made some credits but not a ton. I equipped it with LNE in the slot, and then bounty vents and optics. 43.7% camo and 503 VR at tier 7 is pretty broken. And the gun is fairly accurate at 0.32. Plus you get that punishing HE for cleaning up arties, winning LT duels even though you don't have a rammer, etc. Had a couple real monster games in there 5-7k combined. Despite the HEAT being super expensive 220 is actually enough to pen tanks that have weak points. I farmed a Tort cupola (invisibly) for example. 

Ah Yes, My mistake. I had my wires crossed with my wz132 setup. 

The type 62 was my go to tank when I wanted to play something fun before I got my bourrasque.

On 2/16/2021 at 2:32 PM, simba90 said:

Ah Yes, My mistake. I had my wires crossed with my wz132 setup. 

The type 62 was my go to tank when I wanted to play something fun before I got my bourrasque.

Still fun! plays unfair, earns nice. Not the zoom zoom boom boom thrills of the bourry-boi but one of the better tanks for earning solidly. 

I re-3-marked it today, took about 24 games (the mid tier hp rebalance must have pushed the marks up a little?). Using the set-up I outlined above - had a nice little 2k dmg + 1600 spotting session. Big hits for a LT at that tier, it's honestly probably ALSO the best tier 7 premium MT if you set it up for dpm with a vstab. None of the ammo or earning problems of the AMX 13 57.