Sign in to follow this  
FlorbFnarb

My First Kolobanov's - or - I Seal-Clubbed Shamelessly And Would Do It Again

Does a Kolobanov's lose its luster when gained via seal clubbing?  It does not, in fact, and it looks quite nice pinned on my nice new warm seal skin coat that matches the seal skin hat, boots and gloves.  It was the first match of the evening, so it was nice to have such a good one.

Now, to be fair, I had the following things going in my favor:

• I drove a top tier KV-1 on Himmelsdorf Encounter
  • sufficient teammates actually pushed the hill
  • teammates who went to the cap area managed to reset when needed and gave their lives to do so
  • I got some lucky bounces
  • that T1 HT at the end had the stock gun
  • dem tracks!

Did 2,398 damage, and my armor absorbed 3,975 damage.

After the match I actually complimented a couple people on both teams for a good game - I'm sure that BDR guy was pissed he only tracked me - and specifically I thanked the resetters for resetting.  Some of these people were honest-to-God bad players, but they did the right thing and were new, so I figured a little positive reinforcement couldn't hurt.

The video:

http://youtu.be/1_1dvaXut7M

The replay:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1098661#himmelsdorf-florbfnarb-kv-1

The end-of-game screenshots:

npYCKNP.jpg

PVLgTFI.jpg

2mU8E7Z.jpg

Thanks.  I think I'm gonna have to make it a practice to note when new/bad/both players do something like reset, at least when it's something that saves the match like it did this one.  So many potatoes out there, the stick has to be balanced out by some attaboys as well or they just rot and turn into Venari7.

Nice job, I just got my first one a few days ago (definitely NOT seal clubbing in my SU-122-44 hue). I didn't even realize I would get one I was so concentrated on the match. 

The one I got was utterly fake.  I was defending in Assault on Erlinburg.  I was in my 50b.  The team was dying left and right, I retreated and started counting down the clock.  Eventually my 6th went off and I started running for my life.  There was less than a minute to go and 3 enemy arty (one was a batchat) began to rain down death.  Multiple heavy tanks began to appear on my flanks to shoot at me.  I dodged, ducked, dipped, dived, and dodged my way to the last 5 seconds on the clock.  I was easily a one shot for anything left alive.  A shot came out, hit my tracks and I skidded to a stop.  As the clock ran out, an enemy arty blast hits where I would have been if I was not tracked.  Time ran out, got the medal.  Completely undeserved.

Then there was the time where I got an assist for the medal.  It was on ensk.  My platoonmate who was in a slow useless POS tank was capping out the enemy base.  As was some pubbie.  The enemies had 3 on cap and were way ahead.  I knew the ONLY was to possibly win was to go back and do a heroic defense... in my tier 9 lorraine!  So I rush in, shoot one tank, ram another and shoot the third.  Complete reset.  I die in a fireball.  Our counter gets to 100% and an enemy who ran back to their cap killed the random pubbie on our team.  Platoonmate was left alive with the base capped out.  Medal awarded... but I want some of the credit damn it!

You call that sealclubbing?

I got my only Kolo in the M22 Locust... That's proper sealclubbing right there  :verysmug: (also got my only Fadin that battle)

In all seriousness, good game and congrats with a nice medal. 

Kinda sad I never managed to get more, although I was close a couple of times. My playstyle probably doesn't generate much chances (at least, that's what I keep telling myself).

My only Kolo's is in my Marder II. It was after the true glory days of the Marder, but still, blapping tier 2s as they round the corner one by one with the PAK 40 is barely fair. My highest kill count (10) was also in the Marder. Province with binocs and camo net. The hackusations were coming left and right.