• Aier
    • Dahuta
    • Eanna
    • Kyprosa
    • Melisara
    • Orchidna
    • Shatigon
    • No

Don't know anything about it, didn't even know of it until recently, but saw it mentioned in another thread.

Official site: http://www.archeagegame.com/en/

This seems to work to get you a key for the weekend event; http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=34924 (still had keys when I wrote this at 4:17pm central)

Gonna try it out since it's nothing to lose but spare time at this point. Seems like it could be neat but I don't expect much.

Anyone gotten to try it yet?

I've been playing the alpha for a few months.  It's a good game if you're into the whole medieval-fantasy sandbox genre.  It's not without its quirks, but tbh I can see myself getting sucked into it pretty seriously once it goes live.

Thanks for the link to the key, just got one and activated it without issue.

Been keeping an eye on this one for a while now so i'm curious how tomorrow's event will play out.

Yea. I played it last weekend during event 3. I really enjoyed it. I played one of each race up to around level 12-15. The story lines are nice but similar. I like the Elf story best so far.

You get to start with 1 skillset and add 2 more by level 10 to get you final class. But, you can switch skillsets out at any time after level 10 for credits. You can pick powers and create combos which is fun. And, there is suppose to be a whole way to level just by crafting and a lot of PVP starting around level 35. Also, you can build and fight with ships. I don't know if that will be fun.

If anyone needs a key drop me a PM. I ended up getting one and received a direct beta invite an hour later... Bonus!

Dislike it's yet ANOTHER client to manage the game... but I've been interested in trying it. Thanks for heads up, snagged myself a key!

I'm really into the whole premise and the apparent setup of it all, having been a UO player for quite a few years. Any system that even resembles an attempt to break away from the usual class-based ones gets a +1 in my book, and the scale of the world looks nice.

I'm really into the whole premise and the apparent setup of it all, having been a UO player for quite a few years. Any system that even resembles an attempt to break away from the usual class-based ones gets a +1 in my book, and the scale of the world looks nice.

Darkfall bro.  It's the most UO-like game I've played since, well, UO.  Full loot, full pvp, epicness.

Darkfall bro.  It's the most UO-like game I've played since, well, UO.  Full loot, full pvp, epicness.

Was in beta for it, tried it at live, couldn't stand it. :<

Come to think of it, I actually wrote an article on it for a game design club that I was part of in college. I think I sat down for three two-hour sessions and took notes as I did stuff and then did a write-up on it. I'll have to see if I can dig that up, I'd probably laugh at what I wrote now.

The release was disastrous.  Horrible connectivity and woefully inadequate server capacity led a complete fustercluck of a ration system to actually *buy* the game.  Then once you got in, the interesting-in-theory skill system was horrible because it was so repetitive that it encouraged (and enabled) players to level their characters while AFK through the use of macros.  Not to mention the lack of any sort of PvE content to drive the story -- everything in the game was geared toward PvP.  They improved the game tremendously over the first few months by streamlining skill gains, implementing some PvE content, and making it more noob-friendly, and if the game had been at release what it was ~6 months in, I think history would have been written different.  DF Unholy Wars was released a year or so ago, and is essentially an entirely different game from the original Darkfall.  It's light years ahead of where it was ~4 years ago when the first debacle went down: improved models, MUCH better mechanics, and functional player economy, and some semblance of PvE content.

But I digress... ArcheAge is pretty awesome.  I've slowed down on the Alpha/Beta now in anticipation of release, but I anticipate that the game will probably go live in the next month or so.  #ArcheumFounder4Life

Please explain this UO thingy to me.

Silly kids these days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_Online

Ultima Online, along with Meridian 59, basically created the genre of graphical MMOs.  It built upon the text-based MUDs and MUSHes of the early-mid 90s but improved them by adding a graphical interface.  If you've ever been sucked into WoW, Everquest, LOTRO, DDO, or any of the other MMOs that have come out in the past 15 years, you can thank Richard Garriott and UO.

THE FEELS T_T

rip Smithy the II, one of the six Grandmaster Mages of his time in the early days of Baja server.

Currently installing at work. Download goes fast but the actual installation is tanking this machine's performance.

I wanna try some duel wielding assassin type... Maybe Battlerage/Shadowplay/Witchcraft...

Go to arche-base.com to figure out what type of skill combos you can get when combining skill sets.

Everyone say what server/faction and maybe we can all roll the PvP areas!

I watched some video where the races were described as;

"White people, elves, wierd cat-things, and asians".

Gonna roll Asian.

Well, this is pretty enjoyable. Character movement isn't clunky or annoying. The UI is nice and lightweight even though it could use some aesthetics work (those pointer arrows on the ground are placeholder-esque). I love the map overlay, was a huge fan of it in Tera. The only thing I dislike about it so far compared to newer MMOs is the lack of a loot-suck feature. Not too nuts about the idea of Labor points though especially for a Western release but I have yet to mess with it first hand so I dunno what the actual impact is.

The game gets bonus points for using MUSIC as a combat skill. Bards from UO/EQ and music users from DAoC were some of my favorite classes so it's nice to see it again. I'm likely to play at launch just for the fact that I can play a music character again, lol.

The labor system will be their big carrot to encourage people to purchase a sub.  It's *possible* to do just about everything in the game as a f2p player, but the increased labor generation you get with patron status helps IMMENSELY.

Well, this is pretty enjoyable. Character movement isn't clunky or annoying. The UI is nice and lightweight even though it could use some aesthetics work (those pointer arrows on the ground are placeholder-esque). I love the map overlay, was a huge fan of it in Tera. The only thing I dislike about it so far compared to newer MMOs is the lack of a loot-suck feature. Not too nuts about the idea of Labor points though especially for a Western release but I have yet to mess with it first hand so I dunno what the actual impact is.

The game gets bonus points for using MUSIC as a combat skill. Bards from UO/EQ and music users from DAoC were some of my favorite classes so it's nice to see it again. I'm likely to play at launch just for the fact that I can play a music character again, lol.

We westerners have increased labor regen compared to the rest of the world, so they might be aware that it's a fairly "ehh" concept over here.

If you can eliminate it via sub, I'm not too worried about it since I have no qualms with throwing $15~ at a game if I'm enjoying it for even a week. Especially if there's no box price to be paid.

I've no idea about the viability of such a thing, but I'd probably end up doing a Songcraft/Vitalism + Auramancy or Occultism character at release. I love buffs, debuffs, DoTs and pets, which is why I played the shit out of Bard and Shaman in EQ!

Aaand sold, at least for now.

The baby leomorph got me. DEY GWOW UP SO FAST!

77EB4nz.png

816I13l.png

I've no idea about the viability of such a thing, but I'd probably end up doing a Songcraft/Vitalism + Auramancy or Occultism character at release.

Unfortunately Songcraft is a relatively weak skill tree in general because it doesn't combo well with the other classes.  Consquently, characters with it in their builds are really only suited to a support role and tend to have trouble when playing alone.

A cleric (vitalism/songcraft/auramancy) is a decent dedicated healer/buffbot and a Tomb Warden (Defense/Auramancy/Songcraft) is a great help in larger groups, but as a general rule anything with Songcraft is going to be mediocre compared to some other combos as you progress into higher levels due to lack of synergy with your other trees.

Excellent.

I shall continue to thrive in mediocrity!

Edit: Well, I went my planned setup and yea, I can definitely see how that would have problems later, lol. It told me I was a cleric and I was like... ok! Lets go.

My mana needs halp. And my staff needs to bonk harder.

Thaumaturge 4 lyfe!

Glad you like it so far. I think I can get into the game for a while too. The only concern is later levels where you need to roll with a possy. Will need to find a guild or something.

What kind of names are people using in this game?

Some MMOs Ive seen people use like normal names like the ones we use here, some have like XxXxXxbullshitxXxXxX and other times its like *actual* fantasy MMO names like something out of LoTR

Cat person; Purrsonal Purreference

Asian: Currychan

I like the increase the odds that someone will be upset if I kill them in pvp by using a stupid name :P

I think I may be done for now. I'm probably going to buy the smallest founder package (I'm a sucker for head start) but in the past I've almost burned myself out in betas that get wiped and I don't want that to happen with a game that has so much potential longevity for me.