Sign in to follow this  
KenadianCSJ

BDR: How do

So, started down froggy heavies in lieu of the on track. This thing is a...mixed bag. Nice alpha and pen, somewhat derpy gun. Accelerates nice for a heavy but is slow. Armour feels pointless. Not sure if I like it or not. Any advice for it?

How to BDR: free xp to 50 100

all joking aside, it is a 2nd line sniper. It can do tremendous damage as long as everybody isnt shooting at you. Supplement your better armor heavies with your high alpha

I used it like a mid range peeker. Then pop for OP alpha when reds are reloading or looking elsewhere. I really liked both the BDR and ARL. NOT digging the AMX M4

I played it more or less the same. Free xp the top gun, I made the mistake of grinding it with the 2nd 75mm and paid dearly for it in terms of my stats. I stuck a Rammer, GLD, and Binocs on it; Optics are worthless with 320 base view range, but the 400m of view range with the Binocs are invaluable, and while you're sitting still, waiting for them to activate, the crappy aim time is a non-issue.

Sidescrape! Those tracks are really nice for getting shot with 0 damage. Other than that, once you have the tier 7 gun it is quite a fun tank with good DPM (and good credits - 10-30k a game!). Running vents but might try binocs, sounds like a good advice.

I used it like a mid range peeker. Then pop for OP alpha when reds are reloading or looking elsewhere. I really liked both the BDR and ARL. NOT digging the AMX M4

The above for the BDR. I had sort of the opposite experience with the 2 consecutive tanks though. Hated the ARL with all my feels, but thought the AMX 45 was alright(ish).

Secret to both is spamming gold with the 105. You get extra damage(goes from 300-330) as well as pen so the bad aimtime at least feels worth it.

Secret to both is spamming gold with the 105. You get extra damage(goes from 300-330) as well as pen so the bad aimtime at least feels worth it.

There's no 105 on the BDR. :|

Still having mixed results in this thing. Sometimes it seems like it can carry, other times it feels nigh powerless with the slow reload and paper armour.

Side scraping, you'll absorb most shots of your tier and below in your tracks.  Peek a boo tactics are a must as the DPM isn't very good, but trading one for one shots with other tanks of your tier and you'll win with that alpha.

lots of very good advice here. if you aren't playing support sniper, find the nearest corner and angle, angle, angle. I managed a steel wall on himmelsdorf that way :P

The BDR isn't really a carry tank (though I've seen a BDR get a kolo's medal), but it can certainly turn the tide of battle if played patiently from a good position.

I've come to the conclusion I hate this tank. If not for the derpy as all fuck gun, simply because the teams are tier 5 are so goddamn rage inducing its cancerous just playing there.