Sign in to follow this  
halphalphalp

GLD, useless on some auto loaders..?

First post. New here and to the game(ish). So I've been researching forever on best equipment setups and everyone seems to say that all autoloaders must have GLD. Most (if not all, didn't check) french auto loaders have the exact same aiming time that it takes to reload the next shot. Why on earth would you put one on to bring down your AMX 50 B's aiming time to 2.25 seconds when you have to wait 2.5 seconds to fire again regardless? This leads me to believe that the only time the GLD is ever useful is on the first shot, and that is only if you are standing still. My understanding is that you should never be standing still in an autoloader unless you are clipping an enemy who has lost his way and is away from the herd. So why does everyone say GLD is a must-have? What am I not understanding?

To take some confusion away, from; http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics#Accuracy_and_Dispersion

Aiming Time

The aiming time listed for each gun (in a specific turret) describes the time it takes for the aiming circle to shrink to a third of its size. However, most of the penalties described above increasee the aiming circle by a factor bigger than three, which is why fully aiming the gun typically takes longer than the listed amount of time.

So the aim time is not equal to the time to be fully aimed, it also doesnt take into account the different types of accuracy penalties like moving, shooting, etc. So using GLD is advised as you need to aim longer than you think to be accurate. And with autoloaders you really dont want to miss shots.

autoloaders really need to hit all there shots and minimise exposure and most of the time are balanced with bad fire control and armour, hence GLD being essential for almost all of them

autoloaders really need to hit all there shots and minimise exposure and most of the time are balanced with bad fire control and armour, hence GLD being essential for almost all of them

Swapped out the GLD for optics on my 50B just a couple of days ago. This is actually doable now with the buffed aim time and I feel that the massive improvement in view range is worth it. 

Swapped out the GLD for optics on my 50B just a couple of days ago. This is actually doable now with the buffed aim time and I feel that the massive improvement in view range is worth it. 

But how good is your crew and do you run food? ;)