SmalltalkJava

No More Fail platoons coming soon? Maybe...

Just an fyi. that on the Xbox 360 version WG has for the most part gotten rid of fail platoons.  So no more tier 3's platooning with tier 8's and such.    I don't know if this will make it over to the pc version but it may.

I'm not sure they have all the bugs worked out but i did see a chaffee and some tier 4 medium platooned together in a tier 9 match.   So i think they still need to tweak the scout fail platoon code a bit.

It should be by ceiling, the M24 is a de facto tier 6 light tank, by stats and by its tier 7 mm, so it will see tier 9 maximum.

So an M24 Chaffee platted with a Type 64 and an IS would be fine.

It should be by ceiling, the M24 is a de facto tier 6 light tank, by stats and by its tier 7 mm, so it will see tier 9 maximum.

So an M24 Chaffee platted with a Type 64 and an IS would be fine.

Chaffee is actually 7-11 MM still. Legacy of being the last End Tier V Scout. So, it platoons best with Tier IX tanks, or Tier VIII's that don't mind being the only non-Scout VIII's in the match.

Chaffee is actually 7-11 MM still. Legacy of being the last End Tier V Scout. So, it platoons best with Tier IX tanks, or Tier VIII's that don't mind being the only non-Scout VIII's in the match.

WOW!

2GKjGRn.png

Was I wrong! I misread the XI as IX!

I have to get one of these...

EDIT:

I really thought they changed it... but no, they actually left it a dinosaur? I have to check this in game...

EDIT2:

V0129Ta.png

Yeah... that's not right... it should be tier 5 mm.

I'm going to have to check Chaffee's tier range in game.

Edited by Cunicularius

No need.   I ran mine quite a bit last week.  Saw 10s with some regularity, was even TKed by a badchat.  Lowest match I saw had 7s as top tanks.

No need.   I ran mine quite a bit last week.  Saw 10s with some regularity, was even TKed by a badchat.  Lowest match I saw had 7s as top tanks.

Can confirm Deusmortis likes being tked in his Chaffee.

at least so far on the xbox the chaffee and scout match making is a loophole that exists to gets so players can get a non-scout matchmaker into a high tier game.   Whereas before you could group a Hetzer TD with a E-100 and get into tier 10 matches with the Hetzer.   Now WG won't allow a Hetzer to platoon with a E-100.     But Chaffee+hetzer gets into high tiers due to the chaffee's scout matchmaking.

EDIT2:

V0129Ta.png

Tier IV scouts get MM as if they were Tier V tanks, BUT they also have battle tier 4 added in. They have a 4 tier spread of MM.