StephenHawking

T-43?

The T-43 is not a bad tank. It is very well rounded with good DPM. It's also very comfortable to drive. It doesn't stand out but it really impressed me as to how reliable it is. Compared to its peers this tank will always be able to find something to do in a far greater number of match-ups than its peers. This versatility meant less monster games for me but fairly good overall stats. Consistency is a thing. When it's top tier, it just decimates the opposition so much more easily than other mediums of the same tier like the Comet or Panther.

I personally found the T-44 less enjoyable. Shoot me.

The T-43 is not a bad tank. It is very well rounded with good DPM. It's also very comfortable to drive. It doesn't stand out but it really impressed me as to how reliable it is. Compared to its peers this tank will always be able to find something to do in a far greater number of match-ups than its peers. This versatility meant less monster games for me but fairly good overall stats. Consistency is a thing. When it's top tier, it just decimates the opposition so much more easily than other mediums of the same tier like the Comet or Panther.

I personally found the T-44 less enjoyable. Shoot me.

I found the Comet to be pretty ridiculous when top tier, and not so with the T-43. Must be me, I guess.

I just finished grinding through the T-43. It took me about 80 battles to really figure out how to play the tank and begin to get decent stats in it. The biggest issue with the tank is that it comes after the T-34 and T-34-85. Both of those tanks are monsters for their tier. Even fully upgraded, the T-43 doesn't really shine in any one category, and the alpha for a tier 7 is kind of weak. You've really got to pick your battles and find ways to flank, as it struggles to win head on battles. 

At first I thought the tank was absolutely atrocious. But it has kind of grown on me over the last 50 battles or so. Most folks will probably struggle to get a high WN8 or decent win % in the tank like I did (then again, I struggle to get solid WN8 and win % in anything lol). But once you figure out the tank and come to terms with its limitations, it is actually kind of an enjoyable tank to drive. It plays much more like a true medium in my opinion than its predecessors. That in itself is probably a reason for most of the disappointment in the tank, as it is a very big change in playstyle from the T-34-85.

EDIT: All that being said, I still think it is likely to be a stepping stone tank and in no way a keeper. I'd much rather cruise around in the T-34-85 or move up tiers to the T-44 or T-54.

I like it and have done well in it thus far - 46 Battles with a 69.57% WR smallish sample size, but i like it better than the Comet

I finished 200 games at a 53% WR, which was better than my 49% average at the time, kept playing it so I could work on a T-54 crew while grinding the 44, playing more like a scout worked better for me, covering flanks and waiting for opportunities to get some side/rear shots on the main enemy push. It can get some good bounces on occasion, but don't count on them. Not my favorite tier 7, but not bad at all.

Please give this piece of shit a workable gun. The gun is barely adequate for T6 battles. When you are seeing T9 tanks, it's absurd.

I'm enjoying this tank a lot. At the moment after 39 battles I'm at 77wr, 1300 average damage. Solo and with very limited gold usage.

For me it plays better than the Comet which I just finished with 64%wr.

It will go down a bit for sure but still it will be my best tank played. So I'm looking forward to the T-44.

Please give this piece of shit a workable gun. The gun is barely adequate for T6 battles. When you are seeing T9 tanks, it's absurd.

When 144mm pen and 180 alpha is barely adequate in tier6, the problem may not entirely be the gun. The 85mm is excellent at tier6 and just adequate at tier7. I prefer the gun over the Comet's gun, that low alpha grated on me a little, even if the rest of the Comet is a superior vehicle.

I found the T-43 a little...boring maybe? It has decent mobility, decent gun handling and decent dpm, and normally I'm all for generalist tanks. I guess I was thrown off by it being so similar to the T-34-85. I like my KV-13 and that's basically the same tank with less gun depression and dpm, but some armor. The armor is not often useful, but it changed things up enough to make me like the KV-13 more, even though I really should be doing better with the T-43 and its additional reload speed and depression.

The KV-13's armour is really pretty damn good for a medium though, and that makes it much more stompy against lower tiers. I'm considering getting one the next time it comes on sale.

KV-13 also seems to have low expected values. Just before 9.3 hit and I was too lazy to reinstall a wn8 mod, I had some generic 1700 damage game that ended up giving me like 4k wn8.

Almost felt condescending. "Wow, you managed to do 50% more damage than your own hp! Yer a wizard, 'Arry!" :thumbup: I should play it more before I burn out again on grinding lame tanks I don't enjoy playing.

My stats in the KV-13 are absolute shit by the way cause I played it when I was a crap player and before the buffs to the 85mm - 160 alpha and 2.9 aim time on a tier7 med, aw yeah.

How to? In my glorious quest to acquire a T-44 I have stumbled upon this roadblock.

It seems this tank sucks, so then I ask:

How to do?

How I feel during le grind:

FineNeatKodiakbear.gif

EDIT: FUCK THIS TANK IM FREE XP'ING THANK YOU GOODBYE.

P.S. T-44 OP

Shit tank wish I had the xp to free xp it.

T-43 is stronk like ox stealthy like leopard

http://wotreplays.com/site/1292912#malinovka-meirzin-t-43

Yes we have all had rare good games in it. When it top tiers it's ok. It's better than the vk 30.02d, but that is the only good thing I will say about it.

Yes we have all had rare good games in it. When it top tiers it's ok. It's better than the vk 30.02d, but that is the only good thing I will say about it.

I jumped in and was able to do that after not playing that tank in months. I personally really enjoy the tank.

I enjoy the T-43 so far. Have to get the last engine and will go for the T-44.

Feels a little bit slow in acceleration but speed and travers are okay. No hard grind at all.

Took me a while to get used to it but I had nice results going after scouts in the early game and then flexing later in battles. The speed allows you to spot scouts before they get to their prefered spots and the damage was high enough to make most of them head for cover. That said I'm no super player but I managed to get it to 56% wr. 

when it's bottom tier it blows hard (especially since I haven't even gotten the turret yet, i've literally played 7 games in it.)

But my 7th game was my mastery, lol. 

http://wotreplays.com/site/1345429#highway-cpraf104-t-43

I don't know how I pulled this out of my ass, I do admit I played a bit dumb by just sitting there and risking the Bert permatracking me, and the two arty shotgunning me, but hey, a mastery badge is a mastery badge.

What kind of crew skills would you guys recommend?

I was thinking Sixth, Snapshot, Smooth Ride, and Sit Awareness. Any glaring flaws to my plan? Never played it before.

Why this tank gets so much hate? It isn't much worse compared to other tier 7 mediums. I mean it's a shitty tier for mediums but T-43 doesn't really fall much behind Comet or T20 in my book.

Why this tank gets so much hate? It isn't much worse compared to other tier 7 mediums. I mean it's a shitty tier for mediums but T-43 doesn't really fall much behind Comet or T20 in my book.

Its not a bad tank, but the T20 are Comet are much better tho.

So why the fuck people skip it all the time?

Because they can't play it. They think there are superior like in the T-34-85 which wrecks stuff if its top tier. Suddently there are more often in Tier 8's and 9's and they just get fucked because they dont know how to play it. I have to admit, that you can't influence the game by that much in it when its not top tier, but then you should think with your brain, where the enemy scouts or equal tier tanks are going. Dunno the gold pen is something like 190? Thats enuff for many Tier 8s lower frontal plates (dunno about the WZ-111 but it should be enough too)