OOPMan

The Object 416: SerB's Gift To Mankind?

The Object 416  

154 members have voted

1. 1. The Object 416 is...

• ...awesome!
    • ...incredibly awesome!!
    • ...fucking amazingly awesome!!!
    • ...so awesome I'd bear its children if that were physically possible!!!!
    • ...terrible (Warning: Picking this option will out you as a hopeless baddie 4 lyfe)
  2. 2. What I love most about the Object 416 is...

• ...the amazing gun!
    • ...the superb camo!
    • ...the manuverability!
    • ...all of the above!!!
    • ...all of the above AND the rear-mounted turret!!! (Warning: Pervert option)
    • ...nothing. I hate it and am a baddie by extension.
  3. 3. Do you think the Object 416 will ever be nerfed?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Depends on whether unicums keep using it to farm wins...
    • Never. SerB loves this tank like a child and it will never be nerfed!

The first games I did with this tank I hated it because it had no armor and poor gun depression. After 140 games the second barrel-star was handed out for the glorious performance of this machine. Thanks to camo and binocs, armor and gun depression are irrelevant since it can just park on top of a dune or hill or whatever and destroy with its great DPM. This is definitely a tank to keep until it's nerfed.

The Obj. 430 II I am skeptical of. T-54 may be the better choice.

Is this one of the tonks one should use binocs instead of optics?

Just bought it and was a bit fast mounting optics..

(standard med eq stab/rammer/optics mounted)

I wouldn't bother to mount binos on obj 416. It moves too much, and the situations where you should be sitting still being forward spotter with binos being actually helpful instead of doing something else are far too seldom, in my opinion, given it already gets decent viewrange with optics.

Vision, whilst might be the occasional king, is too occasional to waste time on top of a dune. Yeah sometimes you can snipe from such distances where using binos and/or camonet can be helpful, but not often enough given the mechanics I would ever use them on this one.

Don't mistake it as just being td with low alpha - it can still flank, it can still activ scout, it can still wipe weakened opponents, it can flex. Sure, it can camosnipe as well, but limiting yourself with camonet and binos isn't what I would do.

I finally aced this last night but it's been pretty dank, even stock it wasn't too bad since it was pretty much the T-44 gun and I'm used to the T-44 gun (though not the rear turret).

But with the top gun... man, this thing shouldn't be in tier 8

BUMP. Got a Steel wall in this. Strenk armor made of Stalinium and blessed with communism, bounces all capitalist shells. What do yuo mean, spamming heat is of no proletariat? In Soviet Russia it's of free, and we no use credits much anyways. Have a  Vodka on me comrades, Cheers.

https://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=135051 

I've been playing this tank without sixth sense so far and it actually feels balanced

And by balanced, you mean not a complete turd in T10 matches with its 330lolpen?

Because top tier, it is far from balanced. 

Funny enough I haven't actually fired HEAT from the gun yet. 

haven't really seen the need.

but no it feels balanced because sometimes I'll forget that I'm probably still spotted and then arty balances me

Funny enough I haven't actually fired HEAT from the gun yet. 

haven't really seen the need.

but no it feels balanced because sometimes I'll forget that I'm probably still spotted and then arty balances me

I drove this tank for a while without 6th too. I really comes into its own when you have 6th to TD snipe, relocated, triangulate, and ultimately do 4x the rest of your team's combined damage. 

Sometimes AP just seems to have no pen at all. Today I bounced off a AMX13 75, Type 62 butt, VK3001P side, Fv201 side and some more. Loaded gold right after, was not disappointed. 

This tonk is one of the few non-pref 8s which I'm not hesitant to drive without having fear of T10s. Pershing/SP are a close second. 

So I finally decided that there was no point keeping the venerable old T-54 in my garage now that it had over 500 battles and I never played it anymore.  Retrained its three-skill crew to the 416.

so gud

but fuck those shells are expensive any time I miss or bounce my credits cry out

So I finally decided that there was no point keeping the venerable old T-54 in my garage now that it had over 500 battles and I never played it anymore.  Retrained its three-skill crew to the 416.

so gud

but fuck those shells are expensive any time I miss or bounce my credits cry out

This tank is the closest we have to "Credits to WR/WN8 conversion". T69 used to be like that, but RIP 300pen HEAT

Any suggestion how to play in current meta. Most said it is good but I'm struggling to find a role for it. Can't brawl, camo snipe is dead, even worse the mid to long range accuracy is fairly low plus the shot falling way too much. It drains credit so bad that even my best games were in red with premium. I'm not having top turret yet will it make a different ?

15 hours ago, wes said:

Any suggestion how to play in current meta. Most said it is good but I'm struggling to find a role for it. Can't brawl, camo snipe is dead, even worse the mid to long range accuracy is fairly low plus the shot falling way too much. It drains credit so bad that even my best games were in red with premium. I'm not having top turret yet will it make a different ?

You "can" brawl, do a sidescrape to bait shots to miss or hit the tracks, then blap them in the face. 

Top turret gives you better HP and RoF so yes, it will help.

Camo snipe is not dead...for this tank.

350 m view range tanks (like IS-3) will not spot you until closer than 200 m...and only when firing. Maps that are "city" like Plsen, Kharkow, etc all have lanes about 250 m long where you can abuse this...and maybe only in ELC or Rhoomba. Need 30% and upwards camo on the move.

Also, at closer ranges never forget that you have 15-20% BETTER gun handling than best tier 9 meds(T-54, e50)...it is tier 9.5 gun handling...if enemy heavy is moving at any speed and is not in autodetect range, you can pop the corner in front of him and lob a shell before he understand what is happening.

HEAT+snapshot...and you are a very small target in sidescrape...enemies need 2.5-3 seconds aimtime to hit you from 100m +, and you will be out, having 1 s of aim,FIRE and back in cover before they could blink twice.

Dpm is the last resort, buy you can always just burn throw enemy hp faster than he could through yours if cornered.

I run rammer+vstab+binos(binos because vision is either totally out of equation, or helps a lot to have 500+, like lakeville mid, prok, malinovka...)...on 5-6 maps you can camosnipe at 400 m while staying unspotted even by tier X tanks...11% camo while firing, lol.

On corridor maps i stay 30-40 m behind my heavies, and when enemies unload on my teammates i shot them twice before they reload...

If you have concerns over credits, this tank is not for you...I am bleeding 30 k at a loss and barely make zero on win...i run 20 AP, 15 Heat...almost always run out of either, depending if it is tier 10 match with lot of heavies, or tier 8 match with soft tanks, so i end up burning ether ammo type...run out of all ammo once in 20 matches (open maps)...

IS-3 HD model made HEAT mandatory for reliably going through the pike...meaning about -5 k credit balance on avg for me per battle due to IS-3 being the most played tier 8 by far. The more dmg you make, more money lost...even AP only, with 70% hit ratio and 3/4 of hits are pens.

Expensive ammo+slow shells missing paper tanks make this a tank equivalent of a muscle car...not for everyone.FuelWalletMeter-47175.jpg

P.S. I do own a gas guzzler as a daily driver.

SyTzuKj.jpg

Actually rebought it for the lols, since i had a good crew lying around (put women in my t54 ltwt recently), thought i could give it another go since i didn't understand how it works the first time i bougth it..

Running rammer, vstab, vents

BiA, sixth, gun handling skills and safe stowage, planning on repairs + vision skills

20 AP, 13 HEAT and 2 HE for extreme decaps

i'm 2 bad at it, can someone show me the way of the pancake?

2 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Needs more vision. Strap on optics/binos(if you can't max out view range with optics).

I don't know what happened (probably got bored of camo sniping tbh) but I started sucking it up massively in this tank earlier this year and ended up rageselling it a couple weeks ago

It's still a good tank I just stopped liking the playstyle I think

11 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

SyTzuKj.jpg

Running rammer, vstab, vents

1. First go for full camo crew, bullshit driver/gunner /loader skills are not priority. Soft stat are better than in the T.54, almost zero bloom (especially considering limited turret traverse). Repairs next (if you got splashed by arty, 30-40% rep helps). Gunnery skills are like 5th skill. Driver is better off with preventive maintenence...once you complete BIA, camo, rep...engine fires are kinda bad, torched 2x 10 times in 450 games, not that i would drop AFE for food. Low caliber guns are cancer if hit multiple times, like Comet and shitty lights.

2. If you are intent on vision skills, use situational awareness, it is 3% vs 2% recon.

3. Optics=binos>vents. depends how active you are. I am a bit more passive, so for me Binos> optics. You need some kind of vision equipment. How you see past 400m???? You can snipe heavies right up to draw range! Just press 2.

4. Run AFE. rly, this tank burns. A lot. Even with that poor 1200 hp i was torched too much for my liking...fire % reduction is worth it.

3 hours ago, Nekommando said:

Always use AFE in any rear-turret tanks. Or did you skip A-44 and not learn the lesson?

no, i have my FE key on my mouse (Logitech Proteus Core) and i have the same (not always) reaction time as the AFE since my thumb is ALWAYS on that button..

i do this because sometimes it's just not worth to use the FE (low hp, match lost/won and no way to carry/do anything useful, also no reason to use a FE)..

i'm reworking my skills, playing it in stronks with personal reserves, going for full repairs and then preventive maintenance..

i was actually going to rebuy the A44, just because i love rear turreted tanks and how they sidescrape effectively compared to the others (think of the tier 9 VK, the fail lowe and the 215b)

BTW:

aced it on a 3.5k dmg tier9 match, was alone against 3 tanks (tier 9 vk, charioteer and a really bad tiger 2) still with full HP and 13 heat left, i sizzled everything and came out on top damage :doge: such a balanced tank..

48 minutes ago, WhatTheSkara said:

no, i have my FE key on my mouse (Logitech Proteus Core) and i have the same (not always) reaction time as the AFE since my thumb is ALWAYS on that button..

i do this because sometimes it's just not worth to use the FE (low hp, match lost/won and no way to carry/do anything useful, also no reason to use a FE)..

i'm reworking my skills, playing it in stronks with personal reserves, going for full repairs and then preventive maintenance..

i was actually going to rebuy the A44, just because i love rear turreted tanks and how they sidescrape effectively compared to the others (think of the tier 9 VK, the fail lowe and the 215b)

BTW:

aced it on a 3.5k dmg tier9 match, was alone against 3 tanks (tier 9 vk, charioteer and a really bad tiger 2) still with full HP and 13 heat left, i sizzled everything and came out on top damage :doge: such a balanced tank..

You could use scriptIn this case +10% on fire. ;)