OOPMan

The Object 416: SerB's Gift To Mankind?

The Object 416  

154 members have voted

1. 1. The Object 416 is...

• ...awesome!
    • ...incredibly awesome!!
    • ...fucking amazingly awesome!!!
    • ...so awesome I'd bear its children if that were physically possible!!!!
    • ...terrible (Warning: Picking this option will out you as a hopeless baddie 4 lyfe)
  2. 2. What I love most about the Object 416 is...

• ...the amazing gun!
    • ...the superb camo!
    • ...the manuverability!
    • ...all of the above!!!
    • ...all of the above AND the rear-mounted turret!!! (Warning: Pervert option)
    • ...nothing. I hate it and am a baddie by extension.
  3. 3. Do you think the Object 416 will ever be nerfed?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Depends on whether unicums keep using it to farm wins...
    • Never. SerB loves this tank like a child and it will never be nerfed!

When does the on-track end?  I may have to free XP through the rest of the A-44. Hate that tank so far. 

On 11/26/2016 at 7:25 AM, Griphos said:

When does the on-track end?  I may have to free XP through the rest of the A-44. Hate that tank so far. 

I know how you feel. I was so tempted to free xp through the A-44 too but if you use personal reserves then the grind is much faster while still frustrating, it just wont be frustrating for nearly as long.

I couldn't take it.  I used personal reserves, and ground through half the 100k, then used the 50k free xp I had saved up.  

I'm satisfied it was xp well spent.  

I finally got this thing after grinding through the turd that is the A-44. What is the general consensus on equipment? Rammer and vert stab are standard of course. I've read that some recommend binocs instead of optics? I would of thought that this tank would benefit more from optics as it's such a mobile machine.

49 minutes ago, DirtyACE7 said:

I finally got this thing after grinding through the turd that is the A-44. What is the general consensus on equipment? Rammer and vert stab are standard of course. I've read that some recommend binocs instead of optics? I would of thought that this tank would benefit more from optics as it's such a mobile machine.

Optics.

But not because of its mobility, but because it has absurd camo, allowing you to come as close as 250- 300 m and stay unspotted until firing (and even then, you are a small target for return fire).

Gun is kinda derpy due to slow shells and not great final acc, but it has tier 9.5 gun handling. It is not a Chai sniper...

But you can literally park behind a heavy brawl on Paris map in tier X, load skill ammo, and slap ppl every 12 seconds after you get unspotted after firing. With full camo crew+paint you are invisible until firing even in city maps.

On the other hand, because of the lack of frontal turret+gun depression, poking hills and activating binos is out of the question...you do need optics to stay safe vs lights and other meds at all times...and 3 seconds for 6th to activate is simply too long to know you are spotted. With optics (+full camo crew+paint+BIA+vision skills) there is not a single tank in a game that can spot you without being spotted instantly (unless bush/camo net).

I played it at first with optics but switched for binos later on. Its your team that's gonna do spotting for you, you are doing it wrong if its the other way around. But then in late game when you have to spot for your self... its just... legen...fuckin'...dary! Sure its a mobile tank but when you stop to aim it takes more than 2 secs to fully aim, wait 1 more sec befor you take your shot and there ya go. I habent felt any major difference appart form late game scenarios with binos, its like old meta tds x2

You cant go wrong with optics. Try out both optcs and binos and see which one floats your boat.

11 minutes ago, Jug0sLovEn said:

You cant go wrong with optics. Try out both optcs and binos and see which one floats your boat.

Good crew=optics, bad one = binos.

I have BIA, full SIA, a bit of recon and full camo...ran binos for first 2/3 battles in 416...

I feel safer with optics, but very dirty when you can exploit binos...feels like sealclubbing higher tier tanks.

I don't like binocs in late game scenarios when I'm 1 vs many tanks since you have to stay mobile if you want to survive. Binocs limit that. 

Binocs don't limit your mobility.  They just don't add range when moving.  You can still use your normal view range in late game scenarios.

3 hours ago, Griphos said:

Binocs don't limit your mobility.  They just don't add range when moving.  You can still use your normal view range in late game scenarios.

Wait what? Equipment that forces you to be stationary to be useful doesn't limit your mobility over using something that works all the time? Yeah spotting with 400-410 view range while being on the move works amazing when the enemy has anything that's not a heavy. 

No, it doesn't limit your mobility.  A broken engine limits your mobility.  Getting tracked limits your mobility.  Having equipment that isn't effective unless stationary doesn't limit your mobility. And optics don't give equivalent view range by a significant amount, so your choice is smaller increase all the time, or larger increase when stationary.  There are certainly occasions where the larger increase while stationary is more important on some tanks than a smaller increase all the time.  

In fact, in a late game scenario where it's you against several other tanks, and you have optics, and some of them have binocs, then you will get out-spotted repeatedly while you're running around.

1 hour ago, Griphos said:

No, it doesn't limit your mobility.  A broken engine limits your mobility.  Getting tracked limits your mobility.  Having equipment that isn't effective unless stationary doesn't limit your mobility. And optics don't give equivalent view range by a significant amount, so your choice is smaller increase all the time, or larger increase when stationary.  There are certainly occasions where the larger increase while stationary is more important on some tanks than a smaller increase all the time.  

In fact, in a late game scenario where it's you against several other tanks, and you have optics, and some of them have binocs, then you will get out-spotted repeatedly while you're running around.

1. I understand optics gives less. So wtf are you even saying that? The thing is without optics most meds spot you before you spot them when you are on the move. That is a problem

2. Binocs limit your mobility unless you have bought them not to use them. If you want to use binocs you have to stay stationary longer. 

3. In a late game scenario when many tanks have binos? In trier 8? What? Which non shit view range tanks run binos on t8? 

4. Yes I agree there are ocasions where a larger increase while stationary is more imortant than a smaller increase all the time. The problem is it's not 2014. We are no longer in the vision meta. The number of ocasions when binocs are a good solution are rare.

5. 9 times out of 10 a better position with clear vision lanes is more important than extra view range. You speak about extra view range like it's some magical push to win thing. It isn't. Inteligence about enemy positioning while relocating is important. You spot the enemy before they spot you while you are both on the move so you can outrun your vision. Otherwise you will get spotted while relocating and your binocs will give you shit. You seriously post this like it's trier 5 not trier 8 and some meds have 470m vr so they spot you at 440.

btw. Do you base your response on Wotlabs not reading my acc stats properly and going "oh he's a 50% noob, he knows shit". Don't you have only 3 battles in your 416 ? 

No, I don't care about stats.  Yours or anyone's. I'm not trying to disparage you in any way.  I just think you stated your point badly and took issue with your particular formulation  

I don't think you're understanding that I'm simply taking issue with your main claim: binocs limit mobility. That's just too simplistic a formula.  A tank with binocs has the same mobility. Its equipment choice is irrelevant when on the move, yes. But if you're on the move and other tanks aren't, you're going to get out spotted regardless of your equipment.  You'll spot them out-spotting you sooner with optics, and, if they aren't already shooting you, can take evasive action sooner, yes.   

I'm not arguing that this doesn't help.  I agree that optics are usually a better choice than binocs  but I think vents are often a better choice than optics.  Your position would have to be they are not, since, by your logic, vents limit mobility (when, in fact, they slightly increase mobility) because of the three options, vents give the smallest view range enhancement  

By your logic (getting out-spotted = limit in mobility) then you shouldn't ever move because a tank moving is spotted much sooner than a stationary tank (which means you might as well have equipped binocs). 

3 hours ago, Griphos said:

A tank with binocs has the same mobility

binocs weigh 50kg, coated optics weigh 0. Tanks with binocs have worse p/w ratio by 0.0000000000666%.

Checkmate.

:disco::disco::disco:

On 12/3/2016 at 7:58 PM, BlackAdder said:

:kappa:

xPmZVCq.png

You have a 5 skill crew? Because commander is also the radio operator.

Also, running food is diminishing returns in 416. Your gun handling/dpm is already the best in tier, and risk of fires is huge. besides, you bleed credits from HEAT spam, so any additional costs, and you need to play one game in a premium tank just to make up for silver losses.

I personally think that both optics or binos are fine. You will adjust your playstyle accordingly. Optics give me more WR, due to flexibility and vision kiting on the move (protecting me all the time from getting spotted before i spot them), while with binos you can farm dmg much better.

6 minutes ago, Felicius said:

You have a 5 skill crew? Because commander is also the radio operator.

Also, running food is diminishing returns in 416. Your gun handling/dpm is already the best in tier, and risk of fires is huge. besides, you bleed credits from HEAT spam, so any additional costs, and you need to play one game in a premium tank just to make up for silver losses.

I personally think that both optics or binos are fine. You will adjust your playstyle accordingly. Optics give me more WR, due to flexibility and vision kiting on the move (protecting me all the time from getting spotted before i spot them), while with binos you can farm dmg much better.

I switch crews for GOLD/CR and I don't have many crews so hance skills.

100K loss net / game with excessive HEAT and FOOD spam. :D

Just now, BlackAdder said:

I switch crews for GOLD/CR and I don't have many crews so hance skills.

100K loss net / game with excessive HEAT and FOOD spam. :D

Hm, my top crews are reserved for tier 9/10, where i also need full repair on my meds. Had yet to get a single one past 4.7 skills...it takes ages to tick to 4th anyway. 

All 4 skill crews are strictly for above tier 8, 3 skills for tier 8 and lower tier keepers.

34 minutes ago, Felicius said:

you bleed credits from HEAT spam, so any additional costs, and you need to play three game in a premium tank

FTFY, Do you even ZUBK4 M9

Just now, Jug0sLovEn said:

FTFY, Do you even ZUBK4 M9

I use about 1/2-2/3 HEAT on average, depending on the matchup and map...and do i have time to aim for weakspots.

Full heat is fun, but reload is so good that you can permatrack ppl and kill them for full health.

23 minutes ago, Felicius said:

I use about 1/2-2/3 HEAT on average, depending on the matchup and map...and do i have time to aim for weakspots.

Full heat is fun, but reload is so good that you can permatrack ppl and kill them for full health.

But then they won't rage at you and call you a gold noob and such...:kjugh:

4 minutes ago, Jug0sLovEn said:

But then they won't rage at you and call you a gold noob and such...:kjugh:

They used to, until WG banned the general chat.