westybig

t29 90mm or 105?

agreed plus gun handling that isnt russian. 320 alpha is to anaemic for me to justify close to russian 122mm gun standards, 6 and a half odd second reload for 240 alpha is fully upgraded tier 8 medium standards. plus a BONUS is people dont take you seriously so you can easy pump 2 - 3 shots in before they realized the mistake they made

Alpha intimidation is what makes the T29 so fearsome. I laugh at every 90mm T29 apcr or not.

Also, better accuracy and shell speed lol. If you're not at the front taking hits and brawling and you have time to snipe you're doing it completely wrong.

im always up front every game even tier 9 (coz dat turret) wherever i can get hull down. ive also never been in a position where ive needed to "intimidate" an enemy to win a fight. claiming that 320 average alpha is going to scare everyone off especially in higher tiers just wont work. im not saying the 105mm is a worse option mind you im simply stating why the 90mm is a very effective alternative if you prefer such a gun

Particularly because your alpha isn't spectacular already you don't want to reduce it further.

agreed plus gun handling that isnt russian. 320 alpha is to anaemic for me to justify close to russian 122mm gun standards, 6 and a half odd second reload for 240 alpha is fully upgraded tier 8 medium standards. plus a BONUS is people dont take you seriously so you can easy pump 2 - 3 shots in before they realized the mistake they made

Stop posting that bs. The gun handling is nothing like the Russian 122mm.

I like the 105. I have tried the 90 (apcr spam ofc) for tournaments because of accuracy and dpm, but I've found it very lacking when having to actually kill stuff up close. Went back to the 105.

I suppose you could prefer the 90 with apcr if you camp like a td from far away... not sure why you would do that, but that's the only situation in which I feel that gun would be better than the bigger boomstick. But then again im not a fan of the tank in the first place.

It's an excellent one-trick pony. Gets boring pretty quickly imho.

When I ran the 90mm on the T29, I played it like a tier 7 Super Pershing. Drive at the enemy shooting the whole time then get hull down in their face. I don't know what ya'll were doing wrong with the 90mm, but it's fucking amazing. Snap shots for daaaaayyyyyssssssss

The 105mm has 10.8% higher velocity with both types of ammo.

For reals? The 105 has always felt so derby to me compared to the 90mm.

Fucking piece of shit blue waffle cunt licking autocorrect. It's fucking derpy not derby.

105 all the way.

That extra penetration at short range and alpha damage is very nice, great for peekaboom. Also you don't give up much on accuracy and has the same aim time. Reload sort of sucks but it's worth it.

For reals? The 105 has always felt so derby to me compared to the 90mm.

Fucking piece of shit blue waffle cunt licking autocorrect. It's fucking derpy not derby.

Yep. Compare 90mm M3 with 105mm T5E1.

So not really relevant to this thread, but it happens to be the first T29 thread I found:

Has anyone played this much since it got nerfed?  Actually, I can't even remember if it actually got nerfed or not.

TL;DR - Is it worth me putting my extra 4 skill crew back on this tank and starting a new loader for it?

Hmmm........I remember it was part of those incoming nerfs that got delayed.  Didn't realize they never actually made it into any patches.

Good news though, I guess my T29 crew will be getting back together for some good old fashioned clubbing.

Run 105 just for the facts that your have less exposure time in the new meat vs the 90 mm, and the higher alpha will back people up more than the 90 mm does.

I first point and laugh @ T29s with our without 90mm, then i blow them up with my SU-152, gun them down with my tiger, or murder kill them with my in stalinium coated KV3

One of the most overrated tanks of the game, and if you  wanna spam full gold in tier 7 (and you dont wanna play SU-152) your better of driving the amx M4

- 2392 dpm with 330 alpha and 223 pen,

- 1683 dpm with 320 alpa and 245 pen,

- 2133 dpm with 240 alpha and 243 pen, 

hmmm

(or you play SU-152 or KV3, with full gold, both wreck those puny US tanks...)

I first point and laugh @ T29s with our without 90mm, then i blow them up with my SU-152, gun them down with my tiger, or murder kill them with my in stalinium coated KV3

One of the most overrated tanks of the game, and if you  wanna spam full gold in tier 7 (and you dont wanna play SU-152) your better of driving the amx M4

- 2392 dpm with 330 alpha and 223 pen,

- 1683 dpm with 320 alpa and 245 pen,

- 2133 dpm with 240 alpha and 243 pen, 

hmmm

(or you play SU-152 or KV3, with full gold, both wreck those puny US tanks...)

dde01a7a92aa19b4972b4fb097b332686e4ba1f0

90mm + APCR + Cola is the way to play the T29.

Not willing to pimp it out, use the 105mm

But why use T29 that way? (except for crew training or grinding to T32)

If you wanna go full gold spam + cola, there a lot of tanks much more powerfull, Amx m4 for example is plain better, faster and much better gun, T44 with full gold is also stupid good, same for T20 or pershing or 20 other tanks.

Its like people who drove Panzer IV with HEAT, why use panzer IV? M4 is a better t5 heat derp and if you have the skill, you could play godmode with VK28...