Worstpoaster_na

Anime Thread

I wonder how many episodes? Because I've had enough of those 13 ep series.

Yep. It's going to be a TV series too.

Expect nothing.

I hope Macross don't pull a gundam(went one step further than emo teenagers, emo elementary schoolkids)..

Speaking of which, Tomino lives!

I wonder how many episodes? Because I've had enough of those 13 ep series.

Macross Plus was much shorter than the equivalent of 13 TV episodes, and it was excellent. What's important is for the creators to be able to scale and pace the story to their time limits, rather than doing something too short or too long like Macross 7.

Macross Plus was much shorter than the equivalent of 13 TV episodes, and it was excellent. What's important is for the creators to be able to scale and pace the story to their time limits, rather than doing something too short or too long like Macross 7.

It was actually a more general comment than to Macross specifically.

Plus was ran more so like a feature length movie than anything, really, thus no major plot holes and the like.

Short series are better

Who the hell wants to watch a continuous 52 eps of stuff nowadays?  The plots don't add up and the budgets don't up.  If something happens during production a Gardom Seed Destiny happens~

Not much value was lost in the translation into Gundam and Zeta movies~

Short series are better

Who the hell wants to watch a continuous 52 eps of stuff nowadays? The plots don't add up and the budgets don't up. If something happens during production a Gardom Seed Destiny happens~

Not much value was lost in the translation into Gundam and Zeta movies~

Not always. Some series benefit from a longer run. Case in point: Magical Warfare of this season. So many plot holes needed to be covered, yet no time because of time constraints.

It was actually a more general comment than to Macross specifically.

Ah yes, I know what you mean. There are *those* anime which run with a really ambitious and cool concept that has the potential for 25 or even 50 episodes, and squeeze it into 12 or so episodes. The first 8 or so episodes are spent screwing around and setting up the universe like it's a 25-episode series, then the plot suddenly gets ramped up to epic proportions with just a few episodes left and the ending is a rushed trainwreck. Some examples of this would be [C] The Money of Soul and Possibility Control and Angel Beats. For a recent series, Galilei Donna fits the bill well.

Short series are better

Who the hell wants to watch a continuous 52 eps of stuff nowadays?  The plots don't add up and the budgets don't up.  If something happens during production a Gardom Seed Destiny happens~

I generally like short anime more, but I think you should give Monster a go. It has no filler episodes, consistently decent animation, and a great plot that you don't see in anime that much. Other excellent anime of 50+ episodes are Ashita no Nadja and Digimon Tamers. As Besieger said, some anime just work better by being longer.

I can't hold all these hotlinks.

Also, LoGH. Filler episodes consists of filling out background information and the like. Ran for 110 episodes, with plenty of side series.

And my name must not be capitalised.

Ah. I see you saw the death of one of the most interesting characters in anime ever. Keep those Kleenex handy while you finish off the series.

Pretty much. Licensing will kill the entire franchise here in NA in how licensing works. Bandpresto (and now Bandai-Namco) gets away with a lot of things like SD'ing the mecha. So who here played OG series, including Gaiden and 2nd?

Give some other stuff a try. Overman King Gainer is more comedy and slice of life than mecha, while if you want some serious stuff, go watch Votoms.

Considering Turn A is pretty much the distant future of UC + other timelines, I'd say I would lump it with UC because Tomino. At least it isn't AS sad as Victory. (Good Lord the body count.)

Yea, that was one interesting thing that always allowed UC pilots to be plopped in Turn A units in SRW. Was a big help for using Char in Z2. As much as I like the Hyaku Shikki...it just doesn't age well.

I am not a console person but bought a PS3 just for 2nd OG. I'm really happy that they bought back the characters of Destiny and done a great job blending their story into that of 2nd Alpha. 

The same boss fight, (almost) 10 years apart

Gotta get around to playing D again. I always loved that you got CCA Char as an ally. Never got past the 5th or 6th mission though.

Turn A is after most of U.C. so it's heavily implied to be same universe.

However, problem is that it has an actual COCKpit.

But back in the day... combined attack with Nu HWS + hi-Nu gundam was the s**t.

I need more of those U.C. units in SRW.

These days they have too much crappy Wing + 00.

I always laughed at that. I was half hoping they'd sneak ZZ into Z3, but turns out not. Alteast not in part 1. Wonder how they'll explain Marida.

At least in Z we get Zeta and CCA, albeit watered-down. Speaking of which, pre-ordered. D:

I've been holding back on that, cause my PS3 isn't working atm but I'm not sure if the VITA version will have lower quality to fit on the cartridge...

Expect nothing.

I hope Macross don't pull a gundam(went one step further than emo teenagers, emo elementary schoolkids)..

Speaking of which, Tomino lives!

That supposed to be what Build FIghters is? I actually haven't watched since AGE.

Really? I've always found the Hyakku-Shiki to be perfectly serviceable, since the only thing I needed out of it was the command aura.

And Amuro had been broken for me every game he is in. With SP recovery, he's a one man wrecking crew.

Really? I've always found the Hyakku-Shiki to be perfectly serviceable, since the only thing I needed out of it was the command aura.

And Amuro had been broken for me every game he is in. With SP recovery, he's a one man wrecking crew.

It just lacks the punch to keep up with the other Gundams. I like putting Char in as a main, especially as we don't get to use him anymore. >__>

I kept house rules on myself to not use SP recovery on anyone non-support. And the only support character I really field is Basra (in Z2 anyways), so yea. Basra OP, nerf plz. Instead, I use the freed up skill slots for things like Prevail or guard. I got a certain fancy tickled out of making Wing Zero tanky enough to shrug off multiple hits from Gaiou cause lol400defense.

It just lacks the punch to keep up with the other Gundams. I like putting Char in as a main, especially as we don't get to use him anymore. >__>

I kept house rules on myself to not use SP recovery on anyone non-support. And the only support character I really field is Basra (in Z2 anyways), so yea. Basra OP, nerf plz. Instead, I use the freed up skill slots for things like Prevail or guard. I got a certain fancy tickled out of making Wing Zero tanky enough to shrug off multiple hits from Gaiou cause lol400defense.

I like building broken units, just to see how much I can break the game, like how much crit I can cram into Chirico on his Red Shoulder.

The main lesson in his death is pride kills; even though it was set up by a petty man, he couldn't escape his own pride and delusions of grandeur.

True dat. Now, I'm prepared for whatever they'll throw at me when the new adaptation comes out later this year.

~

Welp, now that I've finished LoGH, I'll leave the LoGH Gaiden side stories for a later date -- I need to focus on finishing up current stuff in preparation for the next season. I finished Kill la Kill, and will probably blaze through ImoCho, Nourin, Pupa, SYD S2, Tonari no Seki-kun, and hopefully Golden Time as well as Space Dandy before I head to Kawaii Kon next week.

Wish I knew Japanese. Kill la Kill finale subs can't come fast enough.

I'll just watch Nagi no Asukara in the meanwhile.

Is Nagi no Asukara concluded?  I've been putting off watching the second half so I didn't watch most of it then have to wait a couple of weeks for it to finish off.

Is Nagi no Asukara concluded?  I've been putting off watching the second half so I didn't watch most of it then have to wait a couple of weeks for it to finish off.

Episode 25 just aired, and the last episode (26) will air a week from now.

Kill la kill end pretty underwhelming. At the end the series still enjoyable but quite flawed.

Anyway next season will be awesome

Since we still talk about mecha

I like building broken units, just to see how much I can break the game, like how much crit I can cram into Chirico on his Red Shoulder.

I think Aquarion is probably the easiest one to break. Plus dat range.

Kill la kill end pretty underwhelming. At the end the series still enjoyable but quite flawed.

Anyway next season will be awesome

Since we still talk about mecha

More custom Zakus are required.

I think Aquarion is probably the easiest one to break. Plus dat range.

Aquarion breaking is very easy, you want break the old time shit, yo.

new season looks so bland...

DAL Season 2 is probably the only one I'm going to watch right away.

Most of the Spring 2014 anime I'm interested in are sequels: Mushishi's second season, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, and Love Live! S2.

More custom Zakus are required.

Aquarion breaking is very easy, you want break the old time shit, yo.

It'd be so much easier to break Nu Gundam if Fin Funnel still relied on energy rathen than ammo.

It'd be so much easier to break Nu Gundam if Fin Funnel still relied on energy rathen than ammo.

It's still not that hard, it's just you're have to either have a recovery unit close by or hit and away back into your ship.

THIS STORY CENTERS AROUND A NEET

But I'll get by with Nisekoi as a leftover and Hanamonogatari. Hopefully more will look interesting.