StephenHawking

Fallen trees...?

Looked around to see if this was already a thing, didn't find anything.

Some places I hear that fallen trees provide no bonus, other places I hear that they provide half of what they did not-knocked-over. I don't know what to think. Are there any official statements about trees? Has WG actually confirmed any of these rumors? For the time being I'm playing cautious and not using knocked over trees for cover, but if I can, I'd really like to know.

tl;dr: What camo rating do fallen trees give?

A long time ago, they provided no bonus. Now they provide a bonus that is less than that of a regular (good) bush. Of course, different bushes provide different bonuses, and different trees provide different bonuses. Suffice to say that if it is really leafy and thick, it'll do. 

I remember at the wiki page you can search that information, when you take dawn tree, lose all its camo value.

It doesn't.

A tree that's upright (i.e. still standing) will act as a "bush on an elevated stick", which can be useful when you're above a tank and a tree's leafy on the lower ground is in between both of you.

However, a tree that's knocked down will lose some camo value, however will now act as a (less then standard) bush. Not great, but better than nothing.

It doesn't.

A tree that's upright (i.e. still standing) will act as a "bush on an elevated stick", which can be useful when you're above a tank and a tree's leafy on the lower ground is in between both of you.

However, a tree that's knocked down will lose some camo value, however will now act as a (less then standard) bush. Not great, but better than nothing.

Thank you for giving a legitimate answer. <3

It doesn't.

This video posted by Wargaming two years ago confirms the assertion that a tree functions as a "bush on an elevated stick" but explicitly states that fallen trees provide no camo..."it just disappears".

Can anyone provide newer authoritative information?

Pick up the action at about 6:00.

This video posted by Wargaming two years ago confirms the assertion that a tree functions as a "bush on an elevated stick" but explicitly states that fallen trees provide no camo..."it just disappears".

Can anyone provide newer authoritative information?

Pick up the action at about 6:00.

It's old. I remember when they implemented the change. It was a nice addition.

some have 0% camo?

This list is legit? (see linky)

http://www.wotinfo.net/en/noobcorner?article=vegetation_camo

Wow...

And it appears to be 0% for burned trees and other 'damaged vegetation' of the sort...

A shaved bush conceals nothing...

A long time ago, they provided no bonus. Now they provide a bonus that is less than that of a regular (good) bush. Of course, different bushes provide different bonuses, and different trees provide different bonuses. Suffice to say that if it is really leafy and thick, it'll do. 

I had some really thin tree (you could basically see right through it) between my maus and an enemy batchat about 200 meters away

He couldn't see me through it even after I shot at him, trees OP pls nurf

I also remember in a FAQ that you cannot pile-up tree to get more camo. Only one tree will count. They don't want players to strategically make many tree fall in a specific way to have more camo 

I also remember in a FAQ that you cannot pile-up tree to get more camo. Only one tree will count. They don't want players to strategically make many tree fall in a specific way to have more camo

So wait, a bunch of trees on top of each other don't accumulate camo value? What about trees that are knocked down in front of each other a certain distance away?

I'm petty sure they don't stack, but if you arrange them around your tank, you can still get more sight angles covered.

I'm petty sure they don't stack, but if you arrange them around your tank, you can still get more sight angles covered.

I do that all the time I call it " making a nest "

There was mention in the patch notes about it (8.4-8.6 I believe). Downed trees will give lowest bush camo value iirc, but it's much less than its upright form.  

Have a replay from last night that seemed to point to them stacking. Got behind 3 knocked down trees at base while waiting for my 3 opponents to try and solo me.

Camo OP as I wiped them

same thing I will do in TD's when i am in sniper mode. to many of the nice overlook perches with firing lines have no ground cover, so I will mow down trees to provide some concealment.

i've been under the impression after reading forums that the trees will stack, the same way multiple bushes would. 

the topic as a whole though i feel has many question marks, which are largely due to WG changing game mechanics. imo, they should offer the same cover as they would in r/l when a crew conceals its position. i wouldn't be surprised though if WG nerfs this due to public outcry of the invisi-tank sniper. from experience most gamers don't want true r/l live/die mechanics in any type of wargame experience, as a result the developer(s) will typically nerf the mechanics

"And here we observe the wild xWulffx creating a nest in its natural habitat. Nesting can be a long, serious process that, for some, can take up to 30 seconds..."