dirtd0g

New WoTLabs Subspecies or Where Do Us Teals Go?

...Teal is where I start expecting good things, because that's where I see people starting to become play-makers, guarding HP, taking a smart risk every once in a while and getting their damage in. 

I also think teal is where good platoon-mates can really start working together. So no snobbery here. 

That's really good to hear... And I feel the same.

And, with some bias, I feel like teal is a barrier broken into when improvement in actively occurring. I very rarely see teal overall with teal recent. 

I've don't use XVM, but if you say hi to me in pre-game chat I assume you are a wotlabber and expect you to generally hold your own.

Of my three best tanking friends in game and most common platoonies I run with, two are teals and they're really solid players. More than capable of carrying a team (and me, plenty of times) when the situation calls for it, give good advice in game, and we work well together when the situation calls for it. The difference between 50%er and 55%er is a huge jump in terms of capability. Teal is where I start expecting good things, because that's where I see people starting to become play-makers, guarding HP, taking a smart risk every once in a while and getting their damage in. 

I also think teal is where good platoon-mates can really start working together. So no snobbery here. 

Well you ain't talking about me. I think at least every other game I say something like "I'm gonna try something stupid to see if this works"  8)

Guess I need to work on my XVM camo...

I'm starting to dish out more dmg (thx 704) but I still make bad decisions sometime. I'm still not too aggressive in my games so sometime I screw up cuz I waited to long. but yeah I don't really "dmg farm", if I see a target that needs to go down I shoot it and that's it. I don't run around trying to steal peoples kill unless they are in danger. I'll soon get out of yellow recent cuz my first 2k games were mostly arty games and shitty play. I was always a yellow as far as my memory go.

so yeah, I'm teagreyel.

Well you ain't talking about me. I think at least every other game I say something like "I'm gonna try something stupid to see if this works"  8)

Well that's more "Canadiantrex privilege" than anything else. At least it keeps me on my toes. And of course every once in a while it blows a game wide open. 

Stop using WN8. Half the teal overalls with blue/purple recent have discovered the amazing gameplay tactic of high tier mediums.

Seriously, playing them adds an easy 2 color grades to your recent WN8.

But what if you only padded 50b to get your recents :P?

Not sure how much longer my XVM camo will hold out... even with my occasional camouflage-repairing derpy games.

Red = shit

Orange = shit

Yellow = shit

Green = shit

Blue = shit

Purple = probably OK.

Probably is right... I've seen purps go suicide right of the start..  :tongue:

I agree... Acutally, overall in-game yellows with 20k battles scare the crap out of me because I have NO idea how well they are playing now. I have seen too many players with mediocre overalls playing at an extremely high level recently... I saw one of ours drop into JIMBO with overall yellows and barely blue recents hit over 3k recent within a month. 

Same goes the other way around as well, as there are players with ~1700 overall that still play at that level 20k games in. 

Same goes the other way around as well, as there are players with ~1700 overall that still play at that level 20k games in.

They do exist... However I feel like players approaching 1800 overall have broken through the teal barrier and are actively improving. I very rarely see teal overalls on teal regents. I wish there was some way to verify this as my anectodal source is forum signatures which exist in a community of players seeking to improve.

Teal is a fairly rare color in-game... Makes sense considering it represents ~5% of the entire player base. I am scared how often I am the highest rated player even in Tier-VIII+.

Red = shit

Orange = shit

Yellow = shit

Green = shit

Blue = shit

Purple = shit

Dark Purple = Possible damage farmer.

Since I rarely rely on wn8 to tell me what is going on, I have a "you are shit until proven otherwise" mindset. I like starting with low expectations since then I can rarely be surprised if players that I expect to be able to hold their own fail.  

But what if you only padded 50b to get your recents :P?

Its an autoloader with 200 dmg lower expected then the T57, while being faster and more flexible, along with a better prem round. You only need ~3100 dpg to break purple with a kill(not even 2 clips worth). I wouldn't say its BETTER then the 57 since the 57 has more staying power, especially in platoons, due to its faster reload and better inter-clip, however that doesn't mean the 50B is any less of a threat.

Soon I will climb my way out of the teal classification and be a blunicum.

Would I be considered a uniteal/tealicum at my current point, or am I still a tealiblue?

Soon I will climb my way out of the teal classification and be a blunicum.

Would I be considered a uniteal/tealicum at my current point, or am I still a tealiblue?

I thought Blunicum was blue overall uni recent?

Personally I don't think XVM color scales will have matured until everyone under 95% is "Doo doo brown" and the rest of the royalty has 64 shades of pastel colors to revel in.

I was initially miffed, as I only just hit blue when the colour switch happened. I was also on a long, multi-month break due to baditude/rage. I come back and I'm the gayest colour I can pronounce. Oh hey Pock, you're 'teal' now and I'm thinking I definitely did not suck enough dick to get that label yet.

Anyways I think it's a nice gradient to have. It gives those good+ players something, while making blue that lil bit more special.

I've had this account sinced closed beta, and I quite shortly after they wiped my beloved Maus. I can't really remember much past that, my play was so intermitted. My clan history seems to have been wiped as I can't see the other clans I used to belong to in the long-long ago. It's had the nice benefit of helping me though, instead of zerging through 20k games like I could have, and sucking balls, I've patiently played my way through the years and iirc my score graphs are nice linear improvements.

Now I rejoice once more, for I shall only need a few hundred more games to break proper blue. So long, my beloved Teal brothers, for I will have ascended to a higher plane of existence. *plays angelic harp music*

I am definitely more on the elitism side though, but I think it is fair not wanting to toon with yellows/light greens as they just can't keep up with me now. I feel bad but it's annoying as hell watching your toonmates doing stupid things that my current Limbo buddies would never do.

I am definitely more on the elitism side though, but I think it is fair not wanting to toon with yellows/light greens as they just can't keep up with me now. I feel bad but it's annoying as hell watching your toonmates doing stupid things that my current Limbo buddies would never do.

I seriously don't get this train of thought.  Yellows/greens are generally perfectly capable as long as you help them with their decision making.  The only difference in my play is that I make sure my yellow/greens come with me.  If I was platooning with a teal/blue/purple I know that we can split up and they won't get themselves into a bad situation (mostly).

I seriously don't get this train of thought.  Yellows/greens are generally perfectly capable as long as you help them with their decision making.  The only difference in my play is that I make sure my yellow/greens come with me.  If I was platooning with a teal/blue/purple I know that we can split up and they won't get themselves into a bad situation (mostly).

I am not averse to helping people out, I will and do platoon with my friends and won't refuse them just on the basis of stats. It's just a teal player is going to do better than a yellow recent, without me holding their hand.

Generally though, I just want to play and win. If I'm having to direct toonmates rather than knowing they have my back I can focus on my own play. Selfish I know, but ultimately I play the game for myself. I've yet to find a light green/yellow who's been as competent as a dark green+ either, and I'm talking about basic communication over teamspeak as well. I used to toon with such people and they'd just toon up and play without any real plan. I also want to improve my OWN play, I am improving steadily but platooning with yellow recents isn't gonna help me there.

Plus unless I or they are in especially suited tanks, I always like to keep together in toons for the focus fire potential. Why bother tooning up at all if you all just go to opposite bits of the map?

I'm not saying that I always split up, but there are times when it's ideal depending on map, tanks, team deployment, etc.

I'm not saying that I always split up, but there are times when it's ideal depending on map, tanks, team deployment, etc.

Well yah if you get himmsels and you've got a big scary heavy anchor tank he should go alley while you swish up hill etc

As a rule of thumb though my favourite tooning is when everyone chooses similar tanks to avoid this split, coordinated trios can melt nearly any opposition.

Platoon4Teach isn't for everyone. I think we all can respect that. There's nothing wrong with having a strong desire to team up with similarly skilled or better players only. I find that I learn a lot by teaching a little, though...